What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nate Myles the modern day Julian O'Neill

mxlegend99

Referee
The stupidity behind this is just unbelievable. I can't believe anyone would be able to take a dump in a hotel corridor to begin with, letalone a high profile football player who must surely know that doing something so stupid and gross will make the news.

It's funny and disturbing at the same time, but i'm sure we're going to get some priceless headlines out of it atleast. Some gold in this thread already. :)

adamkungl

Immortal
Nate Myles has entered the exclusive club of footballers with human waste related crimes.

Julian O'Neil
John Hopoate
Todd Carney
Nate Myles

any others? I'm not counting Mason, because pissing against a wall doesn't count. As i've said before - everyone who can piss against a Wall has, and everyone who can't would if they could.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25744045-14823,00.html

Nate Myles stood down over hotel disgrace

By James Phelps | July 07, 2009 12:00am

THE NRL was last night reeling from its most embarrassing incident in recent memory with Roosters forward Nate Myles stood down for six weeks for an atrocity.

Myles, who will miss next week's Origin, defecated in the corridor of a luxury Central Coast Hotel on Sunday morning after a night out with Roosters teammates.

It is understood a disorientated and naked Myles relieved himself in the corridor of the Crowne Plaza Terrigal after locking himself out of his room about 8am.

Myles attempted to gain entry to a neighbouring hotel room where a family was leaving before the incident occurred. The NRL last night banned Myles for six weeks and slapped the Roosters with a $50,000 fine.

"There can be no ambiguity about the behaviour and there can be no excuse," NRL chief executive David Gallop said last night. "The facts around the incident are clear and players have to accept personal responsibility.

"Clubs, too, need to accept that they need to take control of the behaviour within their organisation and as much as the Roosters have acted in this matter the issue of three alcohol-related incidents in three weeks, not to mention other offences in the year, is unacceptable.

"If this had been an official team function the fine would certainly have been higher."

Myles had been drinking with Roosters teammates Willie Mason, Mitchell Pearce and Mark O'Meley at one of the Crowne Plaza's night clubs until about 4am.

The quartet had earlier gone to a fundraiser for local team the Terrigal Sharks. Sources close to Myles last night claimed the former Bulldogs back-rower woke up at 8am needing to go to the toilet. Instead of entering the bathroom he found himself in the corridor naked.

It is understood he knocked on Pearce's door but the halfback failed to respond. It was then Myles saw a family leaving a room and attempted to use their toilet. He also asked the family to call reception. The stunned mother called security and Myles hid in a fire escape after defecating in the corridor.

Myles gave his credit card to hotel reception and offered to pay for cleaning and also three nights accommodation for the family he disturbed.

"I respect the fact that Nate tried to make amends to the guests involved and that he rang me to apologise but saying sorry simply isn't enough," Gallop said.

"There are many inspirational people in our game from the grass roots to the NRL and they do not deserve to be associated with this sort of behaviour."

"We make no apology for treating each issue on its merits and on the basis of the facts we have at our disposal at the time."

Myles said he was suffering from diarrhoea and could not control his bowels once locked outside his room.

He was last night in Brisbane in anticipation of his selection for Queensland for Origin III which will be played at Suncorp Stadium.

Roosters chief executive Mr Steve Noyce apologised to fans and sponsors.

"This is an embarrassing position for everyone associated with the Roosters but we have to face up to these issues and we need our senior players to be a part of that process," Noyce said.

"We work very hard to reward the faith people place in us and for the most part we achieve that goal. Moments like this will only make us work even harder."

Gallop first learned of the incident yesterday morning and after repeated phone calls to Noyce the Roosters boss arrived at NRL headquarters at around 5pm.

It is understood Noyce initially objected to the severity of the penalty but after crisis talks lasting more than an hour, the pair agreed on the punishment.

A short time later Myles' fate was sealed.

Only recently the Roosters offered a new three-year deal to Myles and the latest incident is another black eye for a club clearly in crisis.

bartman

Immortal
Nate Myles has entered the exclusive club of footballers with human waste related crimes.

Julian O'Neil
John Hopoate
Todd Carney
Nate Myles

any others? I'm not counting Mason, because pissing against a wall doesn't count. As i've said before - everyone who can piss against a Wall has, and everyone who can't would if they could.

Not a crime, but Don McKinnon (Norths/Manly) pissing on the field during a live nationally telecast Saturday ABC game would be a worthy addition to any footy-human waste list.

Brutus

Referee
Not a crime, but Don McKinnon (Norths/Manly) pissing on the field during a live nationally telecast Saturday ABC game would be a worthy addition to any footy-human waste list.

Actually it was a Sunday twilight game:D

bartman

Immortal
If the hotel owner had a keen eye for the league memorabilia market, he'd have scooped up the poo, had it put in a display case, and have it up on ebay for the highest bidder just as the headlines are breaking...

adamkungl

Immortal
hmm. that story isn't as bad as i assumed it was from the summary. I assumed he shat in the corridor while on a drunken rampage through the hotel. Seems like he just REALLY needed to go to the toilet (he DID have the runs not too long ago...and runs + grog bog could = horrible things). Maybe being naked wasn't such a great idea.

Smithtown

Coach
Its just too hard for them to resist this one. Its both damn funny and taking a shot at what most in their market in Perth regard as a bit of a joke sport anyway.

I'd think if it was an AFL player over there who did it they'd go to town reporting it, photos of the turd, the whole hog.

This may seem hard to believe, but these golden (although more brown in this inst) moments of 2009 keep League in the news in a place like WA.

Sort of the any publicity is good publicity theory - though this one may be a sinker.

Gold

hmm. that story isn't as bad as i assumed it was from the summary. I assumed he shat in the corridor while on a drunken rampage through the hotel. Seems like he just REALLY needed to go to the toilet (he DID have the runs not too long ago...and runs + grog bog could = horrible things). Maybe being naked wasn't such a great idea.

probably went to the bathroom for a dump and a shower, but was so drunk he went through the wrong door, locking himself out of the room, he couldn't hold on anymore so he went to the nearest corridor to go discretely.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ah no.

The media would portray it as the individual doing wrong by the game. In league it's the game doing wrong.

i think they would take it out on the turd and demand it be fined and suspended for sullying a players name

Latest posts