What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nate Myles the modern day Julian O'Neill

Perth Red

Post Whore
What the frick are supposed top athletes doing drinking till 4am then still being so wrecked at 8am that they can find themselves in this state. Geez players are killing our great game. How many is that this season?

Engine

Juniors
Only one thing should happen to Nate. Contract termination.

NRL should step in too. The thought process of Nate Myles' actions defies belief.

Kiki

First Grade
okay two things that blow my mind in this story -

"Myles had been drinking with Roosters teammates Willie Mason, Mitchell Pearce and Mark O'Meley at one of the Crowne Plaza's night clubs until about 4am"

ah yes Mitchell excellent call to go out on the piss until 4am one week after you are involved in a nightclub assault where two of your team mates are charged.

(and before anyone jumps down my throat, i know he wasn't charged or anyting but still...have a weekend in woulda ya Mitch?)

"Myles said he was suffering from diarrhoea and could not control his bowels once locked outside his room"

AAAAARGH! perhaps if he is still suffering from the virus he should be in bed and not OUT DRINKING UNTIL 4AM.

seriously, there are no excuses here.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe it is a Roosters ploy to destroy their reputation on the CC there by heading off any talk of relocation?

mrbishi

Juniors
i think everyones being abit harsh! i mean, its easy to accidently walk out the front door of a hotel room when your looking for the toilet.
hahaha

hes gotta be kidding himself if he thinks people will fall for that! or should that be sh*tting himself???

So Myles had a stomach bug ??...have to remember to crap on my carpet then when I next have gastro.:roll:

Mr Hankey has a lot to answer for...

Noa

First Grade
So basically he walked around for a while with an upwiped, hairy arse.

neked.

That'll do me.

icewind

Juniors
i think they would take it out on the turd and demand it be fined and suspended for sullying a players name

SICK PLAYER'S PLEA FOR HELP REJECTED: Family rejects family man afl player ****** polite requests to use their latrine whilst in agonising pain and suffering from a sickening virus.

Brutus

Referee
hmm. that story isn't as bad as i assumed it was from the summary. I assumed he shat in the corridor while on a drunken rampage through the hotel. Seems like he just REALLY needed to go to the toilet (he DID have the runs not too long ago...and runs + grog bog could = horrible things). Maybe being naked wasn't such a great idea.

After hearing more on the story I sort of agree with you that it isn't as bad as first thought, although the headlines are rightfully damaging. He was obviously caught with his pants down left and with few options. What a horrible situation to be in and when you've got to go, you've got to go. Julian O'Neill obviously planned his turd, Myles was left stranded.

But the fact is they were most probably pissed and making a racket at 4am in the morning, forcing people to complain. Stuff like this is bound to happen.

I think complete embarrassment in public situations from now on will far outweigh any suspension as the greater punishment for Myles into the future.

Imagine if the CCTV footage got out.

This is rugby league, there's every possibility.

He had to be suspended and the Roosters as a club need to flush out the crap (pardon the pun). If they do end up signing Todd Carney they might as well pack it in. I have faith in Steve Noyce and I doubt he will do that.

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
The thing is these guys are so fit and hardly drink that they get really messed up when they do.

One of my closest friends is now an NRL player and before he used to drink everyone under the table. Even when playing flegg and reggies he used to handle his drink and be one of the last men standing, even last off season he was still doing us in. The other night we all got on it at my house and he tried to drink about half of what he used to(honestly) and he was so sick it wasn't funny. I knew being fit lessend your tolerance to booze but it was truely amazing to see the difference and how sick he was after only 3 or 4 hours drinking. He learnt a lesson but seriously think of all these young guys coming into the NRL who are learning this lesson in public?

A guy like Nate Myles must be super fit to play origin however you would of thought he would know his limits by now.

yeh im usually on board with your league is being persecuted but this time im not. i think an AFL player doing the same thing would be big news too.

bzzz, wrong answer.

As for Nate, or as he is lovingly known in our household "The Mong", paying 50k for a crap should teach him a lesson.

I'm sorta betting it probably won't though...

Brutus

Referee
The NRL went on the front foot by outing the story ASAP. This stopped the rumours and the journo digging. The complaint from the hotel went straight to the NRL and they acted immediately because they knew they had no other alternative.

Had the hotel complaint gone straight to the AFL there would be no story, because the AFL would be confident enough to keep it under wraps in the knowledge that the Melbourne media wouldn't go digging on any rumours that may be out there.

Last edited: