What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

Rudderriffic

Juniors
look up the word humble , its a word used a lot in us gen x folk and a word not understood in cashed up gen y smug little bastards

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint" - Hesiod, 8th century BC

Congrats to Merritt, capable club player. Wouldn't be my choice, but it's not like there are any candidates that are absolute stand outs at the moment. It would've been great for Gordon to have a breakout year, but it just hasn't gone his way so far.

typicalfan

Coach
I think picking Merritt is not as bad as QLD omitting their number 2 prop. If the NSW pack wins the battle even Merritt could play well. I hope he does. His number 1 rule should be making him be as safe as a bank and to support up the middle during the back end of the halves.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Congrats to Merritt, he seems like a great bloke and to me he is the best choice. I hope that he isn't intimidated and plays his natural game, coming in off his wing sniffing around the ruck for an offload like he does with souths. The spot is really his to lose now, if he plays well and nsw win the series he could go on to play 10-12 origin games by the end of his career.

the dude

Juniors
I don't want to bag him too much. I've bagged Finch and Kimmorley back in the day, and they've subsequently had good games for NSW.

...But now I think of it, f**k it= Merritt is a useless hack and NSW would be better off having 12 men on the field then giving this piss poor excuse a run. A total impostor who is about to get shown up...

Have a cry you f**king sook.

I can only assume you're in the top 5 try scorers of all time if Merritt is such a useless hack?

drake

First Grade
Have a cry you f**king sook.

I can only assume you're in the top 5 try scorers of all time if Merritt is such a useless hack?
Are you really that thick you missed the whole point?

He wrote off Finch and Kimmorley being selected and they played well for NSW. So writing off Merritt...

If you don't get it, quit the Internet before you crash it.

BranVan3000

Coach
Congrats to Merritt, he seems like a great bloke and to me he is the best choice. I hope that he isn't intimidated and plays his natural game, coming in off his wing sniffing around the ruck for an offload like he does with souths. The spot is really his to lose now, if he plays well and nsw win the series he could go on to play 10-12 origin games by the end of his career.

10-12 games? He is 30. He'll retire in a year or two

aqua_duck

Coach
I think he'll go at least 2 or 3 seasons after this one.. Doesn't seem to be slowing down too much yet.

Disagree, he use to actually create his own tries and do some special things, these days 85% of the tries he scores, you could have Justin Hunt in his spot and he'd score as well.
What has crept into his game though is errors, he's dropped a few kicks this year that he wouldn't have a few years back and his defence is still below par

redvscotty

First Grade
I hope the Rabbits bring in Talanoa in to replace him this weekend. It's like watching footy and stand-up comedy at the same time!

DeeJ

Bench
I hope the Rabbits bring in Talanoa in to replace him this weekend. It's like watching footy and stand-up comedy at the same time!

The real joke is that Bronco's coach Anthony Griffin asked him to come to Brisbane and he Talanoa turned him down (thank god).

BranVan3000

Coach
I think he'll go at least 2 or 3 seasons after this one.. Doesn't seem to be slowing down too much yet.

Nah. When he slows up it'll happen quickly. Seems to always be the case, players hit 31ish, their off season isn't as strong and they slow up considerably during the year.

His contract ends end of next year, I think year by year extensions by then and he definitely won't be at rep level the whole time

Doomednow

Bench
I've got a bad feeling that Merritt is going to be f**king awful and then we will have to suffer an endless stream of excuses from Souths fans.

I really hope I'm wrong. I'd love for NSW to wrap the series up in Brisbane.

Latest posts