What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
not contributing to the conversation. just wanted to get a post in this thread as I don't think we'll hear merritt's name mentioned around origin again..

Dragon2010

First Grade
Yeah, I don't hink Merritt will be there. Can't see Daley naming him. Wighton would get a nod before him.

I wouldn't pick Merritt but I wouldn't pick Uate either. I think you've gotta try to get a balance between a big, strong outside back who can break a game open and a safe one who can make reads in defence/take the high ball. That's why I think B Moz, Ferguson and McManus are great options.

It's just that other contenders are better than Merritt in those two areas- there are stronger and bigger wingers + safer wingers.

Yosh

Coach
I'm happy for him he got the gig. Nice guy and he seemed really over the moon.

However, I can't say I'm happy as a NSW fan...

Wasn't happy with the selection but once they're picked you just gotta cheer for them and hope they play the best game they can. Go get em Merritt!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Safe winger. His kick returns might hurt us but lets see if we can just get him in some open space. Josh Morris isn't someone who I'd say is great at setting up his outside man.

Danish

Referee
I'll cheer the useless prick on all night, but I really do fear his defence and terrible work rate are going to cost us in this game.

Thankfully QLD picked a pretty small pack so the kick returns and dummy half runs won't be too bad, but Inglis and Boyd could have a field day running down that flank (Merritt missed every 3rd tackle he attempts)

Knightmare

Coach
I don't want to bag him too much. I've bagged Finch and Kimmorley back in the day, and they've subsequently had good games for NSW.

...But now I think of it, f**k it= Merritt is a useless hack and NSW would be better off having 12 men on the field then giving this piss poor excuse a run. A total impostor who is about to get shown up...

Alsmug

Juniors
No disrespect to Merrit i think hes a fantastic player for souths but i worry he will be targeted by qld hes just a bit small for origon imo, i hope he proves me wrong,
Really disappointed in dumb ass ferguson , he really has let his state and our club down. Alot of raiders fans are saying its a good outcome well, im one to say he brings bad unnecessary attention to our fine club, i think we should reward those tight in the mind and i hope ferguson considers himself lucky he didnt get sacked, he needs to reduce his ego and look up the word humble , its a word used a lot in us gen x folk and a word not understood in cashed up gen y smug little bastards

Latest posts