What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wasn't really a game for Merritt. It was poor defence for uates try but that happens. Uate and Tafua defineitaly out played him.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Although the wingers will more then likely be Morris and Hayne. The only way any of them has a shot is if Brett Stewart isn't the automatic selection at fullback, and Hayne gets picked there. But even if Stewart isn't fullback, Gordon could possibly be ahead of Hayne to play there.

I thought Gordon harmed his chances massively today. He had a pretty ordinary game, especially his positional defence

RHCP

Bench
Uate actually got a try assist and a linebreak assist, not only is he a better winger than Merritt, he's got a better passing game than Adam Reynolds too!

LOL@50uff$

Mr Fourex

Bench
Psst ......Mal, tell JT & Coops that when in doubt kick the ball high to Uate

50/50 show of getting points off him every time. ;-)

Liddell

Juniors
Psst ......Mal, tell JT & Coops that when in doubt kick the ball high to Uate

50/50 show of getting points off him every time. ;-)

At least he's improved over the last few weeks...

Most overrated winger in the game. Score one, let in 4.

isaiah

Bench
if b.morris and b.stewart are both out, i think the blues selectors will go with hayne, uate, and gordon as the back 3. one more injury could get blake ferguson a run, then one more [not much chance] and they could look at merritt.

timka4

Bench
I thought Merrit would of had a massive game last night, but even against a poor poor tigers (obviously injuries etc) he wasn't noticeable, except for being bumped off by Koribete

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I thought Merrit would of had a massive game last night, but even against a poor poor tigers (obviously injuries etc) he wasn't noticeable, except for being bumped off by Koribete

No surprise you missed that he played the opposite wing, his try running around Koriobete and showing him the sideline putting him into touch. Then he slotted into fullback.

When your team is ripping through the middle at will, why are you going to push all your attack to try getting around them? Honestly, how much League have you watched?

I hope they pick Uate, because not only will my bet on Qld be a lay down, but it narrows down first and last tryscorers. Then you can throw in the LOLs at his futile attempts to catch a ball kicked right down his throat, which will be exactly what Cronk will be doing. :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
No surprise you missed that he played the opposite wing, his try running around Koriobete and showing him the sideline putting him into touch. Then he slotted into fullback.

When your team is ripping through the middle at will, why are you going to push all your attack to try getting around them? Honestly, how much League have you watched?

I hope they pick Uate, because not only will my bet on Qld be a lay down, but it narrows down first and last tryscorers. Then you can throw in the LOLs at his futile attempts to catch a ball kicked right down his throat, which will be exactly what Cronk will be doing. :lol:

Uate is old news. Fergo's where it's at.

big hit!

Bench
Koriobete absolutely steamrolled him and his efforts in the hit ups were easily negated. he'll be copping that and more in Origin.

timka4

Bench

I did know that and I also seemed to notice almost all of the other backs in the souths side bar Merrit. What's the excuse there?

Like said above, Uate is no where near NSW. Gordon, Ferguson, B. Morris if fit are all infront

BranVan3000

Coach
What a herculene effort on Marika Koribete there.

:lol:
Wasn't great but made up for it by taking Koribete into touch with a great tackle later on. Also displayed his superb ability to find the line yet again from impossible angles.

natheel

Coach
Give him a go I say! If Morris is injured that is. Ferguson should get there before Merritt though

Vic Mackey

Referee
I hope they pick Merritt. It's win win. If he plays well then it's good for nsw, if he plays shit then we can all lol@ the souffs geniuss who think he is ken irvine, Eric grothe snr and dally messenger rolled into one

Hutty1986

Immortal
I hope they pick Merritt. It's win win. If he plays well then it's good for nsw, if he plays shit then we can all lol@ the souffs geniuss who think he is ken irvine, Eric grothe snr and dally messenger rolled into one

haha only if the Blues get up though

Latest posts