What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol some Souffs fans just cant see Merritts shitness even when its right in their face

He will never, ever play SOO football and thank christ for that

Joker's Wild

Coach
Meh, Uate is the most dangerous winger in the comp with ball in hand. Id prefer that than "safe" Merritt any day of the year

Tone83

Juniors
After Gi pwned uate with that extraordinary try save and strip last year I can't look at uate as being that dangerous. Id still pick him as the blues winger I guess but good wingers are really defined by finishing plays like that. A very brutal humiliation it was.

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol Being manhandled by GI is something 90% of the players in the NRL have experienced mate. There is no shame in it.

Tone83

Juniors
It was pretty severe though, would top any top 10 list of most severe pwnages in league history. Its gotta tarnish uates rep somewhat.

voltron

Juniors
lol
thats like saying merritt is tarnished for dropping the ball for no reason with the line open

top 10 botched tries in history
be difficult to get rid of that

BranVan3000

Coach
lol
thats like saying merritt is tarnished for dropping the ball for no reason with the line open

top 10 botched tries in history
be difficult to get rid of that
Speaking of top 10s, guess who is in the top 10 try scorers of all time?:cool:

BranVan3000

Coach
Uate could be top 3 if he has an injury free career. Pretty sure he's got one of, or close to the best try scoring rate ever.
Yes he could, let me know if he does. Plenty of players have looked like they could, but tries dry up for them when they lose pace with age. Rhys Wesser is an obvious example. Or Minichiello.

Merritt is much slower than he was years ago, but he still scores them because he has a great football instinct and knows where to be.

Joker's Wild

Coach
" But..but..but.but hes scored heaps of trys"

Come back when Merritt can contribute anything else to a team instead of just hanging onto a pass at the end of everyone elses work

mrpwnd

Bench
" But..but..but.but hes scored heaps of trys"

Come back when Merritt can contribute anything else to a team instead of just hanging onto a pass at the end of everyone elses work
To be fair that was the general consensus at the time of Brett Morris' selection and I'd say he's come along well.

Rod

Bench
Why has this turned into Merritt vs Uate anyway? More than likely neither are going to make it. The only difference is one is half a chance and one is no chance.

mxlegend99

Referee
Although the wingers will more then likely be Morris and Hayne. The only way any of them has a shot is if Brett Stewart isn't the automatic selection at fullback, and Hayne gets picked there. But even if Stewart isn't fullback, Gordon could possibly be ahead of Hayne to play there.

rabbitohs95

Bench
To be fair he was shifted from wing to fullback halfway through the match, and he wasn't given many opportunities in either role.

Uate and Taufua did very well i thought, McManus just backed up for a try really...