What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler relinquishes ownership of the Newcastle Knights

Ausguy

Coach
LOL when his moving to singapore and cant pay small debts....like tradies...or feed horses

you know its a matter of time... before it collapses...

I feel sorry for the knights fans.... all of them.

Except you. Now which club is a "sinking ship" Kmav?

Karma.

/Apologies to genuine Knights fans.

So assuming Tinks empire does in fact fall over, does the club revert back to the members, or can the Fat Man sell it off? If it reverts back to the members and they get their $20m, its win/win.

perverse

Referee
cool, time to get the club back.

all going to plan, we should be at least $15mill ahead of where we were at 18 months ago.

I feel extremely bad about the Jets, though. They don't have a plan B.

perverse

Referee
So assuming Tinks empire does in fact fall over, does the club revert back to the members, or can the Fat Man sell it off? If it reverts back to the members and they get their $20m, its win/win.
He can't sell it for another 9 years. The members club will get a buy-back option at a price of $1 during the same process that will unlock the bank guarantee.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade

all going to plan, we should be at least $15mill ahead of where we were at 18 months ago.

The NRL wouldn't let the Knights fall over anyway I would think. A good time to use some of the funds from the new TV deal.

LOL when his moving to singapore and cant pay small debts....like tradies...or feed horses

you know its a matter of time... before it collapses...

stevie2.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
Scary. I hope for the Knights sake that bank guarantee has no strings attached.

And of course the big issue is Bennett. He is signed to HSG. If HSG goes under I doubt the club can afford to pay him well into 7 figures.

Look for the Roosters, Dragons, Titans and Raiders to be circling.

Apart from the fact that Bennett isn't contracted to the Knights directly and I would be interested to see if they could afford him without the Fat Man.

kmav23

Juniors
Kmav isn't a Knights fan. No genuine Knights fan would consider this to be a laughing matter.

its funny....cause so obvious it was all collapsing.... and he was doing a skase

moving overseas cant pay any debts/wages

yet some people think it was all okay

kmav23

Juniors
the knights will survive...

but they took a hit with their reputation and pride....

those defending tinkler are feeling sick....

Sphagnum

Coach
I hope this all works out ok for the Knights and Jets fans. Terrible news for everyone.

He is going to go down as one of the worst if this trend continues

kmav23

Juniors
reminds me of the time when cronulla ceo legend Tony zappia... who secretly took money from this fake cancer patient

he turned out to have committed fraud ...

09-rugby.jpg

betcats

Referee
Scary. I hope for the Knights sake that bank guarantee has no strings attached.

And of course the big issue is Bennett. He is signed to HSG. If HSG goes under I doubt the club can afford to pay him well into 7 figures.

Look for the Roosters, Dragons, Titans and Raiders to be circling.

Apart from the fact that Bennett isn't contracted to the Knights directly and I would be interested to see if they could afford him without the Fat Man.

I was just thinking the same thing. But the knights would be the only coaching vacancy for 2013 so I can see him taking a paycut this season to coach Newcastle. 2014 he'll take someones money though i think.