What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Offseason

Panthers_God

Juniors
So the 2007/2008 season is over and all us NBA fans have to wait another 4 months to get our fix.

But remember there is always the drafts, trades and signings of the offseason.

Rumours, thoughts and official player movement all to be discussed here.

So I'll get the ball rolling with some news/rumours I've been hearing...

• Lamar Odom will be traded once Bynum returns.
  • Chicago will take Rose and package him with Tyrus/Hughes or Tyrus/Gordon to Miami for Dwayne Wade.
  • Boris Diaw for TJ Ford and a Pick
  • Elton Brand for Shawn Marion
  • Z-Bo to the Pistons
  • Barbosa for Martwell Webster and a pick
  • Carmello Anthony out of Denver
  • Josh Smith to Philadelphia
  • Artest out of the Kings

Ridders

Coach
Odom one seems likely, too big to play 3 and not a good enough shooter, shame, when he's on his game, love watching him play. Lakers need a lock down defender, Paul pierce exposed that need quite clearly.

Dare i say Artest to the Lakers in a deal for Odom and someone other minor pieces. Would be risky, but could also be very profitable if Kobe can keep Ron in check.

Don't see why Miami would give up Wade for Rose, the whole attraction for Miami is to have Wade and Rose on the same team. Don't know what Denver could get for Melo but i agree, they need to get something for him. Him and A.I just haven't shown what was promised, both with the "all offense and no defense" policy. If the Shaq trade didn't do it, then Phoenix trading barbosa would really signal the death of the run and gun.

Ridders

Coach
Another one i heard was Detroit offering Prince and Billups for Melo, which Denver apparently rejected. Detroit trying to make up for the abomination of 03 :)

Special K

Coach
So the 2007/2008 season is over and all us NBA fans have to wait another 4 months to get our fix.

But remember there is always the drafts, trades and signings of the offseason.

Rumours, thoughts and official player movement all to be discussed here.

So I'll get the ball rolling with some news/rumours I've been hearing...

• Lamar Odom will be traded once Bynum returns.
  • Chicago will take Rose and package him with Tyrus/Hughes or Tyrus/Gordon to Miami for Dwayne Wade.
  • Boris Diaw for TJ Ford and a Pick
  • Elton Brand for Shawn Marion
  • Z-Bo to the Pistons
  • Barbosa for Martwell Webster and a pick
  • Carmello Anthony out of Denver
  • Josh Smith to Philadelphia
  • Artest out of the Kings
whats the link for the josh smith one? i've heard people on realgm talk about it like it a done deal??

No way the suns get TJ Ford AND a pick.

I would love to see that heat/bulls trade go through

This off season is going to be crazy after the deadline and the results of the celtics throwing it all on the table.

BRING ON THE DRAFT!!! I'm going into super hibernation to study prospects

Ridders

Coach
damn are they crazy

Camby
Martin
Prince
AI
Billups

would own

thats what i thought, and at least prince plays defense, plus giving AI a premier point guard to work with would be gun. I think Denver's main problem with the trade would be the age of the potential team, most of them would be in their 30s or approaching it.

Tommy Smith

Referee
thats what i thought, and at least prince plays defense, plus giving AI a premier point guard to work with would be gun. I think Denver's main problem with the trade would be the age of the potential team, most of them would be in their 30s or approaching it.
And who was the last team to trade for two high profile players in their 30's?

Denver should learn from the Celts. That trade would have made them a much better TEAM, which they are anything but.

Panthers_God

Juniors
whats the link for the josh smith one? i've heard people on realgm talk about it like it a done deal??

No way the suns get TJ Ford AND a pick.

I would love to see that heat/bulls trade go through

This off season is going to be crazy after the deadline and the results of the celtics throwing it all on the table.

BRING ON THE DRAFT!!! I'm going into super hibernation to study prospects

Read the rumours

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3455824&name=broussard_chris

Panthers_God

Juniors
you mean al jefferson for number one pick?? why would they do that?!?!

I dont think Bogut will be traded. They're looking to build a team around him. Dont be suprised to see Michael Redd or Mo Williams get traded. Especially Mo Williams after seeing Raymon Sessions form at the end of last season he could be out of a job.

Special K

Coach
I think Redd with be a Cav come draft day or during the pre season

I have not read that link but I found a thing saying Philly will offer Josh Smith 12 million in year 1. ATL will so match that :(

you mean al jefferson for number one pick?? why would they do that?!?!

I dont think Bogut will be traded. They're looking to build a team around him. Dont be suprised to see Michael Redd or Mo Williams get traded. Especially Mo Williams after seeing Raymon Sessions form at the end of last season he could be out of a job.

dunno its just a rumor , i would hate to see it happen

you dont get many 23 years old pf low post players who avg 21-11 plus 1.4 blocks

pg's like rose come in a lot of drafts and theres one next year who will be way better in Rubio

Ridders

Coach
i remember when i first heard it i was like "f**k you you washed up merkin" cause i've got some serious love for Kobe. Then i remember later in the day that i was, without realising, rapping the lyrics out loud. I eventually got to the stage where, after talking to people, i'd be like "so how does that taste"

Regardless of whether it was out of line or not, its a pretty good marketing technique, puts some interest into the off-season and ensures that next years LA vs Phoenix games will go off.

Special K

Coach
JO has been traded to the Raptors for TJ Ford, Rasho and #17

wow.. Hopefully this kicks the ball rolling on deals!!

I like the trade for both sides. Raptors would of won if they didnt include a pick but I guess they did not care that much about #17. Need a SG now and they would be set