What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs

Vinsanity said:
What are everyones tips for the upcoming Spurs VS Lakers Matchup?
Its Fair to say this will be the best series in the playoffs! I hope they show all 7 games on ESPN, the Rob Horry factor... i cant wait for that but unfortunately I see Lakers taking this one in 7 they thrive as under dogs :|

I watched most of the Rockets-Lakers series, and I think the Lakers can be beaten. Even though it only went 5, Houston could easily have won games 1 and 4. The Spurs have a much better offence than Houston, and there defence is as good. They won't slow down Shaq as well as Yao sometimes does, but they do have one of the best guys to guard Kobe in Bruce Bowen, with Manu Ginobili taking a few turns. The Spurs have Tin Duncan as well as very good shooters in Parker, Ginobili, Turkoglu (a great addition) and Bowen. If Francis and Mobley had played and shot a little better, the Rockets could have won the series. I say Spurs in 6.

Some of this may be wishful thinking as I hate the Lakers.

El Coconuto

Bench
Kobe Bryant will be the reason the Lakers either win or lose the series. That's a good a projection I can give at the moment. I'm just looking forward to the Kings-Timberwolves series. Should be a cracker!

edabomb

First Grade
I think the Spurs will do the Lakers in six. Shaq is just tired looking, GP's not really interested, Kobes got other things on his mind and Malone is 41!!! Duncan is in his prime and awesome, Ginoboli is very underrated, Parkers youthful exhuberance gives him the match up over Payton IMO. The only worry i have is Rasho defending Shaq. A Timberwolves Spurs final would be good. I think the western team will win 4-2 in the finals.

My opinion all season on Carmello was he shot too much, I guess I just don't like his cocky nature. Where as LeBron comes across as far more down to earth

El Coconuto

Bench
How was Carmelo Anthony the more arrogant of the two? For a guy who got next to no media hype in comparison to LeBron, he's done an extremely admirable job. On top of the fact that he's donated more of his petty millions to the community than LeBron has done with his plenty of millions.

The only cocky thing Carmelo claimed all season, was that he was able to keep up with LeBron which in my opinion, he did if not surpassed. Shooting too much was Jordan's problem as a rookie, on top of the fact that he wasn't a great one at the time either. And what became of him? Greatest player in the history of the league.

edabomb

First Grade
*Exited a game early because he didn't get to take the match winning shot
*Came out and said he should be in the All Star game, when I can name around 4 or 5 better SF's in the Western Conference
*Threw the ball away from Garnett when he was trying to retrieve it for an inbound and Carmello was on the bench

All those three I didn't like, I wouldn't mind if I thought he was an awesome player. But to me he another Monster Mash, will collect pay checks for years but never become more than a 23ppg guy with a good jumper. Unforunately, they don't win championships unless they match up with good big men. But he could prove me wrong and become the first dominant small forward since Bird.

felix

Juniors
Carmelo single handedly took syracuse to the national title as a freshman last year. Not many nba players can boast that feat. But I agree with edabomb, i hate arrogant players

edabomb

First Grade
Yea I guess its easy to forget these guys are younger than me. If I were in Carmellos shoes I'd probably be acting similarly, except I'd also probably have 10 illigitimate children by now :lol: :lol:

thewizard1o1

Juniors
On another note what about Tony Parker in that first quater against the Lakers today :eek: haven't seen shooting like that in a long time. 8)

raz

Juniors
what about that cross over against George.

Spurs have won 17 straight unbelievable!
Strangly i feel sorry for the Lakers, Spurs have got them figured out the Lakers will probably win 1 of there 2 remaining home games.

edabomb

First Grade
Kemp retired after playing last season with the Magic. Yea but some ridiculous percentage of NBA players have illigit children. What about Bibby in the playoffs, he lights it up man

thewizard1o1

Juniors
O well best of luck to Kemp, used to be one of my favourite players.

Wow thats a great record for the Spurs.

Bibby and Cassell put up some big numbers in the first game. Interesting to see if they keep it up, or if Spree will do anything.

Anyone give Miami any hope against the Pacers? Pacers in 5 for me.

edabomb

First Grade
Sprees fallen away the backend of the season. Indiana in 4, Spurs in 6, Kings in 6 and Detroit in 5 for mine

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Pacers over Heat in 5
Spurs over Lakers in 5
Kings over Timberwolves in 7
Pistons over Nets in 4

I'm really looking forward to the Confrence Finals...
Pacers - Pistons and Spurs and Kings :twisted:

edabomb

First Grade
Spurs and Kings should be excellent. I hope Pistons make it out of the east, they are the only team that can challenge westies in my opinion. i cant see anyone on indiana shutting down duncan (assuming the spurs come out of the west), but detroit have rasheed and big ben. plus tayshaun prince is an awesome player

El Coconuto

Bench
Unless the Sacramento Kings prevail out of the West, there's no way in hell I want to see the Detroit Pistons emerge out of the East. Because it's looking more and more like the San Antonio Spurs are going to come out of the West, I'm hoping the Indiana Pacers prevail in the East.

If we have a Spurs vs Pistons final, I'm going to throw my foxtel card out the window and curse the NBA for making us watch the two best defensive teams for the second year in a row! Boooooooring! I don't want to see the two best defensive teams again. Field goal percentage starts dropping, excitement starts dropping and soon enough eyelids start dropping. :roll:

Give me the Kings vs Pacers any day!

edabomb

First Grade
But I think the Pistons and Spurs are a lot more evenly matched than the Spurs and Nets last year. There was no way the Nets were ever going to win that series. I think the Pistons match up better. Its just too bad one of them doesn't have a Kobe or something to entertain. Ginobili and Prince are both fun to watch, but still too raw to have much impact in the finals.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Good Points El C, i have to agree last seasons finals were among boring ever.

Although a best out come for me would be Pacers - Spurs cause i can't stand either the Pistons or the Kings....so lets all hope anyways. :lol:

I hesitate to count the Lakers out just yet, but it does look like the Spurs will take them in 5 or 6. I don't find the Spurs as boring as some of you because I think Parker and Ginobili are exciting, and I love Duncan's game even though he's not flashy. Spurs-Kings should be a good series - they haven't met in a recent series even though they've been 2 of the Western powers for a few years. Bibby against Parker should be a great matchup. Too bad Webber isn't at full speed, he'll have trouble with Duncan since he isn't at 100% yet.

I like Indiana better than Detroit, but I must admit the Pistons might match up better against a western team because they have the 2 good big men, where the Pacers only have O'neal. The Pacers would do all right against the Kings though, because the Kings don't have the inside power game that Duncan has for the Spurs.

Latest posts