What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ARLC CEO Discussion

Who is your preferred NRL CEO?

• Total voters

El Diablo

Post Whore
After it was made known that no current officials would be considered.

Greenberg would be excellent, but he'll be running another sport before he runs rugby league which is shame.

rubbish

he ruled himself out saying he had unfinished business at Canterbury

El Diablo

Post Whore
well you're the only one that has said he was bullshitting

and you've got nothing to back it up with

Brutus

Referee
well you're the only one that has said he was bullshitting

and you've got nothing to back it up with

Man you're an argumentative prick.

Everything has to be attributed back to something officially said or printed with you.

The amount of times someone has said something in the media only for the exact opposite to happen are numerous.

Sometimes people on here like to discuss their 'gut feel' about things.

I was a fan of Greenberg becoming CEO before but I'm not so sure anymore, when fully considering the enormity of the task at hand.

Assuming he isn't actually appointed, I'd like to see him given a No.2 or No.3 position somewhere down the line grooming for future leadership. I think once we get our house in order promotion from within is most likely to serve us best.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Man you're an argumentative prick.

Everything has to be attributed back to something officially said or printed with you.

The amount of times someone has said something in the media only for the exact opposite to happen are numerous.

Sometimes people on here like to discuss their 'gut feel' about things.

FMD

read what you said. you made it clear it was not a gut feeling

After it was made known that no current officials would be considered.

Greenberg would be excellent, but he'll be running another sport before he runs rugby league which is shame.

Brutus

Referee
I was a fan of Greenberg becoming CEO before but I'm not so sure anymore, when fully considering the enormity of the task at hand.

Assuming he isn't actually appointed, I'd like to see him given a No.2 or No.3 position somewhere down the line grooming for future leadership. I think once we get our house in order promotion from within is most likely to serve us best.

Yeah you're probably right there.

I guess I don't want to see a talent like Greenberg list from the game.

I heard Grant Mayer's name thrown around at the footy yesterday.

El Diablo

Post Whore
and Warren Wilson is supposedly still in the running which further disproves that conspiracy theory of yours

Brutus

Referee
FMD

read what you said. you made it clear it was not a gut feeling

My gut feel was to do with Greenberg's comments that he wasn't interested in the job.

I go back to my original post about Greenberg and think to myself how did this ever end up in a stoush.

I guess with El Diablo around, anything's possible.

Kirky

Juniors
he ruled himself out saying he had unfinished business at Canterbury

I don't blame him. He's been doing good things with the club on a shoe-string. With the TV money set to flow in, i'm sure he can't wait to start more ambitious strategies to grow the club.

I heard Grant Mayer's name thrown around at the footy yesterday.

He's been working with GWS for 2 years, so if nothing else he'll know the enemy inside and out.

Brutus

Referee
I thought Gillon might have been a good idea when he was first raised, but I'm not so sure now.

El Diablo

Post Whore
it looks like he is just trying to make the ARLC look stupid by taking so long and wants to create a negative headline during the finals

they should just withdraw the offer as he clearly isn't interested or he would have said yes already

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
big decision for him but yes they should have put a time limit on it. I am a bit worried about the old inviting the fox into the hen house scenario but I guess the ARLC will be doing their due dilligence on that factor. He comes with big raps and a decent track record in the oher sport so might be worth the wait. Do need to bring it to a conclusion though.

Looking forward to seeing the strategic document come out in October!

Brutus

Referee
it looks like he is just trying to make the ARLC look stupid by taking so long and wants to create a negative headline during the finals

they should just withdraw the offer as he clearly isn't interested or he would have said yes already

Agree.

docbrown

Coach

Perhaps.

But it's a short term thing whereas the long term gain will be the AFL media asking when Vlad is retiring/handing over and speculating on in-house tensions for the next few years.

Latest posts