What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New cds i have bought recently.

Soulfly: Prophecy - Good CD not much different from their previous cds

The butterfly Effect - These guys are really a great band, i have been listening to their cd for weeks now and im still not sick of it.

Trapt - Young band from the states, hadnt heard much of them and got the cd on the spur of the moment thing.. So far so good, awesome cd.

Anyone got the new slipknot cd yet? I have it waiting in the shop for me to pick up, i heard its their best yet!

Red Bear

Referee
Ive seen the Butterfly effect live, not bad.
Last cd i bought was Pennywise's self titled cd.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned. Dont expect this to be anything like bonded by blood. A solid listen but theres too many filler tracks.

Id love to see the butterfly effect.. They are playing somewhere in brisbane soon with japunga and some other bands.. Yeah and i really love japunga as well, another awesome brissie band..

Jono Russell

Bench
lats cd i brought was

william hung it was funny but after teh first listen i wanted to chuck it out.

i also broght maroon 5 before that and i tell you this band is damn awsome. damn damn damn awsome....

oh and my next cd will be the Darkness album they are the shiznit and are the best new rock act by a country mile

Phillips

Referee
im still waiting for the new slipknot C/D #-o , but the last C/D i bought was Korns latest album (Take A Look In The Mirror) and i must say i reckon its thier best yet...

Anonymous

Juniors
I saw Butterfly Effect at BDO. They went ok, bit too much of a straight copy of Korn though.

Last CD's I bought were...

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed. One of the all time greats.
Rolling Stones - December Children. Wanted it for Route 66 mostly, but still a top cd.
Cat Empire - Cat Empire. Very funky band, very fun.
David Bowie - Heroes. Not a bad CD but nothing on Ziggy Stardust.
Ben Harper - Diamonds on the Inside. Still haven't listened to it in full... :p
AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip. Same as Ben Harper. I need to buy less CD's at once.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i was disappointed at William Hungs work, i thought it was good for a few more laughs then it provided :x

Godz Illa

Coach
El Garbo said:
Cat Empire - Cat Empire. Very funky band, very fun.
I've come very close to buying this on several occasions. But I've been burnt by Aussie hip-hop albums in the past, they're usually three good songs and the rest filler. Perhaps this will be different.

Anonymous

Juniors
Its not really hip hop though... I'd class it more as funk, with a bit of hip hop and reggae influence. Its just an eclectic weird mix, hard to really lump it in a genre. Either way, its a very fun album.

Godz Illa

Coach
Hmm, the next time I see it I might just get it. Your recommendation might put me over the edge.
One cd that I have heard plenty of good things about lately is Automato. Read another review of it today and it will be the next cd I buy for sure.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Jesus, the only CDs I buy are for my son for birthdays and Xmas. Everything I or the missus personally wants, I download.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last CD's I bought were

"Begins Here" The Butterfly Effect 8) :clap: :mrgreen:
"Great Truckin' Songs Of The Reniassance" TISM :lol:
"Poodle Hat" Weird Al Yankovich :lol:

Once Dead

Bench
Chicken_Hunter said:
Soulfly: Prophecy - Good CD not much different from their previous cds

The butterfly Effect - These guys are really a great band, i have been listening to their cd for weeks now and im still not sick of it.

Trapt - Young band from the states, hadnt heard much of them and got the cd on the spur of the moment thing.. So far so good, awesome cd.

Anyone got the new slipknot cd yet? I have it waiting in the shop for me to pick up, i heard its their best yet!

Dis is de prophecyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Actually sounds pretty listenable for Soulfly stuff that i wouldn't have touched before......Moses is a cool song, heard it on a metal show over here

El Garbo said:
I saw Butterfly Effect at BDO. They went ok, bit too much of a straight copy of Korn though.

Never heard them live but i dont think their cd sounds anything like korn, Korn has a lot of screaming/swearing in it, whereas TBE dosnt have that much at all, i actually think the singer has a pretty good voice compared to jon davis from korn.

Impellitteri said:
Dis is de prophecyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Actually sounds pretty listenable for Soulfly stuff that i wouldn't have touched before......Moses is a cool song, heard it on a metal show over here

Yeah, i like a lot of the songs, and i really enjoy the recorded live bonus tracks at the end of the cd even though i have them on my other soulfly cds the live versions just sound cooler 8)

Samwise

Bench
latest cds i bought were 5678s - teenage mojo workout and ben kweller - on my way. next on my list are the new gomez album, the new eskimo joe. i also want to get some old school albums of bands which i love but just never got around to getting anything of theirs, ie new order, joy division, sex pistols and the ramones.