What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New cds i have bought recently.

c_eagle

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Rex said:
Last CDs were the Strokes and Black Rebel Motor Cylce Club, but have been using a new peer to peer called Poisoned and have been dragging down as much Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Byrds, Bob Mould, Kraftwerk and Died Pretty as Optus cable will allow.

Rex,

Are you a fan of the Kings Of Leon?? Saw them open for The Strokes & was blown away. If you like The Strokes & BRMC you'll probably love KOL...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Kings of Leon are tremendous. I bought Youth and Young Manhood and I was very impressed. Red Morning light and Holly Roller Novocaine are great songs, definetly alot better than most on the top 40.

Albums recently purchased:

The Darkness: Permission to Land
The Who: Who's Next
Pearl Jam: Vs. & Ten
Kings of Leon: As above^
Velvet Revolver: Contraband
The Cassanova's: Self Titled
Franz Ferdinand: Self Titled

I'm very pleased with all of them.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Deeds Of Flesh 'Reduced to ashes' & Forced To Submit 'Endless Hatred' they both went off last night, verry cool guys also.

MILLWALL

Juniors
The Who - best of
Opeth - Blackwater Park (only cd of opeth i needed)
Jeff buckley - live double cd
casanovas

choc_soldier

Coach
I got "Absolution" by Muse yesterday.

This is a band that just seems to just get better with age... great effort!

c_eagle

Juniors
parra_panther said:
I got "Absolution" by Muse yesterday.

This is a band that just seems to just get better with age... great effort!
I've been listening to that album non-stop for abut a week, great stuff.

I can't wait to buy tickets to their concert tomorrow :D

Recently, I bought:

Weezer - Blue album
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the pink robots
GnR - Appetite for Destruction
The Clash - London Calling
Grinspoon - New Detention
Gomez - Split the Difference
Nirvana - Best of

Kakihara

Juniors
New albums i've brought couple of days ago:

Casey Jones - The Few, The Proud, The Crucial : Fast hardcore along lines of Stretch Arm Strong, Ignite, In my eyes etc.

New Mexican Disaster Squad - Self Titled : Just another punk band that mixes melodic hardcore similar too Rise Against, Strike Anywhere, Burning Heads etc.

Envy - All The Footprints You've Ever : Good Japanese Hardcore band.

Next purchase i'm gonna try and get are the new Dillinger Escape Plan, Atryu, Eighteen Visions, Converged and Terror albums.

Phillips

Referee
new cds i got last few days:

50 cent: get rich or die tryin

D12: Devils night

eminem: the eminem show

linkin park: meteora

all pretty good, devils night is by far the best rap CD ive got now, i'd rate it 10/10

ThrashViking

Juniors
Projects in the Jungle by Pantera ($10 second hand)
It's well worth it for the band pictures alone, Rexx Rocker is the man and it doesnt sound like a Exhorder clone.
The sins of mankind by Cancer ($13 in the bargain bin)
Average death metal..meh, it's pretty crappy
Unstoppable Force by Agent Steel
wicked bay area Thrash, well worth my money

Twizzle said:
Drowning Pool have a new CD with a new singer, since the other guy drank himself to death.

Its called Desensitised, and if you liked the old Drowning Pool, you will love this new one. Its thier best IMO.

I got this cd a while ago.. And like the first DP cd i got bored of it pretty fast.. But its still pretty good.

Melstar

Juniors
I just bought Christina Milians latest, its pretty good, quite similar to her last one. It seems to have a lot of heavy beats in it. Its a bitch of a cd tho, cos half of it is dancey party tracks, the others are more ballady types and they're all mixed in together. Its quite annoying

Also bough the new Jamz, which needless to say is an awesome party cd.

Anonymous

Juniors
Last weekend I picked up CDs I should have owned but didn't.

John Butler Trio - Living
Pink Floyd - The Wall
The Who - Who's Next

c_eagle

Juniors
Since I missed out on Muse tickets, :cry: I bought the Hives new album and 2 Muse albums.

The Hives album is fantastic!!

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
Bad luck c eagle, I got mine right on 9 o'clock just to be safe, i missed them earlier this year and really didn't want to miss them again.

New Cd i have bought:
Jamie Cullum - Twenty Something

Phillips

Referee
got both Mushroomhead albums today (XIII & XX)

they are a great band, they have there own style and sound and im hopeing for more albums in the future