What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New cds i have bought recently.

Samwise

Bench
Illa, which aussie hip hop cds have you bought? i've often wondered whether some of these groups could keep it together. but yeah el garbo is right, cat empire aren't hip hop. a mixture of hip hop, reggae, funk, rock, jazz, and house i'd say. mind you they are one of the best aussie bands live i have ever seen. saw them at the trocaderro on the gold coast a couple of months ago and they played a set which rocked for over 3 hours. unbelievable!

Southernsaint

Staff member
I haven't bought a CD in a while, I've been burning a few though!!

The last one I remember buying was B(if)tek's "Frequencies Will Move Together" & I'm probably going to get the new Streets CD next pay-day.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Godz Illa

Coach
Samwise said:
Illa, which aussie hip hop cds have you bought? i've often wondered whether some of these groups could keep it together.

Choose One - 1200 Techniques, The Calling - Hilltop Hoods, Hifidelity Dirt - Resin Dogs. OK albums, just not great. Although the Resin Dogs first album, Grand Theft Audio, was excellent.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Godz Illa said:
Samwise said:
Illa, which aussie hip hop cds have you bought? i've often wondered whether some of these groups could keep it together.

Choose One - 1200 Techniques, The Calling - Hilltop Hoods, Hifidelity Dirt - Resin Dogs. OK albums, just not great. Although the Resin Dogs first album, Grand Theft Audio, was excellent.

The Herd - An elefant Never Forgets

Two Up - Two Up

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: Don't mention Two Up in Wales, it means something else entirely!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
I ended up buying the new The Streets CD today, "A Grand Don't Come For Free". You could almost call it a concept album.

It isn't as immediate as Original Pirate Material but is growing on me as of the second listen.

"Lock down your aerial"!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Godz Illa

Coach
Yeah I bought the Cat Empire today and I'm enjoying it immensely. I also bought that Automato album and it is stunning. I'm really looking forward to immersing myself into this album over the next couple of weeks, to fully absorb its brilliance.

Rexxy

Coach
Last CDs were the Strokes and Black Rebel Motor Cylce Club, but have been using a new peer to peer called Poisoned and have been dragging down as much Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Byrds, Bob Mould, Kraftwerk and Died Pretty as Optus cable will allow.

Melstar

Juniors
last cds I bought were Chingy, Jwess and NERD.

Jwess doesnt go for logn though, there are all these stupid skits in between each song, its shits me no end.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Rex said:
Last CDs were the Strokes and Black Rebel Motor Cylce Club, but have been using a new peer to peer called Poisoned and have been dragging down as much Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Byrds, Bob Mould, Kraftwerk and Died Pretty as Optus cable will allow.

Rex,

Are you a fan of the Kings Of Leon?? Saw them open for The Strokes & was blown away. If you like The Strokes & BRMC you'll probably love KOL...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Phillips

Referee
i just bought Slipknots latest album.....its different to thier old stuff but its pretty good, Duality is the best song on it

Once Dead

Bench
Phillips - the clean vocals sound great on some of the tracks i've heard - they've definitely made a change for the better in my opinion

Have mentioned this previously but picked up Black Label Society's - Hangover Music Vol. VI....classic mellow stuff right up your Alice in Chains unplugged sorta alley

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Drowning Pool have a new CD with a new singer, since the other guy drank himself to death.

Its called Desensitised, and if you liked the old Drowning Pool, you will love this new one. Its thier best IMO.

choc_soldier

Coach
In the last month...

Songs For Kate - Maroon Five (got it on the strength of "Harder To Breathe" and "This Love"... not the best purchase, but not the worst either)

Fly Or Die - N*E*R*D (been on high rotation in the last couple of weeks, just a brilliant album!)

Modern Artillery - The Living End (big fan of these guys - standard fare, but still some great songs).

Phillips

Referee
Twizzle said:
Drowning Pool have a new CD with a new singer, since the other guy drank himself to death.

Its called Desensitised, and if you liked the old Drowning Pool, you will love this new one. Its thier best IMO.

i reckon the new singer is a lot better too

Anonymous

Juniors
Picked up Velvet Revolver's Contraband today. Not bad, but nothing particularly special. Doesn't have the same edge that the Gunners had.

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
Here Comes That Weird Chill - Mark Lanegan (felt like spending some money today)
Interiors - Brad (Stone Gossard from Pearl Jam is in it, been meaning to buy it for a while, popped up for $10 at second hand place)
Book of Horizons - Secret Chiefs 3 (Released this year, already in second hand place for half the price 8) )
From past to present - Toto (f**king brilliant)