What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Eels Jersey and NEW EELS Logo coming soon!!

slippery eel

Juniors
Defensively Dymock was awesome, but his attack at times was disgraceful. I admired Dymock so much when he was at Parra, but was disappointed many times by him. He was too scared to take over as captain when Pay and McCracken left and he was the most experienced along with Jason Smith. Although his performance in the finals in 2000 was brilliant.

Phillips

Referee
i_like_footy said:
Parra_Eels said:
well Mc Cracken sure screwed up going to wests tigers and ending his career.

dont blame him for Stephen Kearney fracturing his neck

what if i fracture your neck :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Forum Idiot

Bench
BRING BACK THIS JERSEY!!!
parradw.jpg

Misty Bee

First Grade
Parra_Eels said:
and also do you think if smith and dymock stayed on for 01 we could've actually won that f***ing grand final and the minor premiership by more.

Parra improved BECAUSE Dymock left. Smithy was a great player, but remember that he spent half of 2000 being suspended. The guy was an example of the old adage "you can take the boy out of Canterbury but you can't take canterbury out of the boy"

Still if somone could have knocked Ben Kennedy cold in the first half of the GF, i'm sure we wouldn't all complain!

Back to the jerseys....

I liked the stripes. The '86 version was great - but dated by the time they changed. I liked the change, but it reflected the original great Parra jersey, and probably the best, the old 76-85 version. Classic. How great it wsa to be all blue with 4 gold bars, and then have 'em covered by a blue sponsors patch to make us look like friggin Newtown! had to be Fitzgerald who dreamed that one up!!!

BTW, the only reason we had a yellow jumper in the first place was BECAUSE we clashed with Newtown. The noly predominantly yellow jumper Iliked was the current one.

If we go dots, I have always envisaged a blue jersey, with a thich yellow 'v' (think St George), with decreasing dots following the course of the 'v' down the left side of the jerseyand around the torso. Similar to the dots on the old logo.

Parra have always had staid designs, and I admit that I am a big fan of Penrith's away strip. Let's make it something that stands out, and looks good weather it's prediominantly blue or yellow. The current away strip is bloody awful, possibly the worst in the NRL save for Brisbane's twinkie outfit (although I don't mind their yellow strip - but that's getting back to Parra circa 1981).

Whatever jumper they come up with, I want it to signify horror for the opposition, like out '76 strip did.

Forum Idiot

Bench
so does anyone have any idea of when the new jersey and logo will be announced?? i want to see what ill be wearing next year.
p.s. if it isnt similar to the jerseys in my banner ill cry. i miss that style jersey soooo much!

tracksuitman

Juniors
DvdHntr said:
Were they taking public submissions or will Fitzy just design it with crayons again?

What amazes me is that alot of people (ok, maybe only half-a-dozen out spoken fans) bag out the 2001-2003 Jersey but from my memory it is the best selling jersey we have ever had, that speaks for itself. In 2001 the Eels sold twice as many jerseys as Penrith did this year! At least we're getting Girls Jersey's this year, yay I will have one that fits!

bartman

Immortal
tracksuitman said:
What amazes me is that alot of people (ok, maybe only half-a-dozen out spoken fans) bag out the 2001-2003 Jersey but from my memory it is the best selling jersey we have ever had, that speaks for itself. In 2001 the Eels sold twice as many jerseys as Penrith did this year!

That's what winning (or playing really well) can do for jersey sales!!

2001 was our best year in a long time, which means that heaps of people would have got the "new" jersey then, or in 2002 expecting a repeat performance. A lot of people everywhere "support" Parramatta, even if that means only coming out of the woodwork in a "winning" year and buying a jersey.

As to why we outsold Penrith... their jersey is real ugly!! (Especially their away strip. :roll: ) Our 2001-3 jersey looked OK in comparison, even if amongst most supporters on this board we would prefer the new design to return to basic stripes :)