What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jerseys

buster bunny

Juniors
Choppies said:
This is like your 3rd away jersey in 3 years isint it?

Yeah I think its pretty close to that. Away jerseys usually dont mean much to Souths since their home jersey has a lot of tradition and history.

This one might be predominately black rather than white according to rumour.

nqcowboy87

Bench
here are the new newcastlee jerseys
19960670.jpg

Choppies

Coach
The away jersey dosent look like a Newcastle jumper IMO. and I have never seen a RL jersey THAT red before

***MH***

Bench
When I first saw the Red Knights jersey with the blue trimmings, it reminded me of the old TNT referees uniforms....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The red one looks sh*tt with the red shorts, worst design IMO. They better off wearing the blue shorts.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Its very red, there's no doubting that, but I like it. Its different, which is what an alternative jersey needs to be. Maybe they might have been best off going with the blue shorts instead of the red ones, but oh well, it doesnt look too bad.

LeagueNut

First Grade
***MH*** said:
When I first saw the Red Knights jersey with the blue trimmings, it reminded me of the old TNT referees uniforms....
It reminds me of the ill-fated Warriors away strip of 2000 that only lasted one season. Either way, it doesn't look too flash.

gregstar

Referee
it's pathetic.

"away" jerseys?

fmd! - if the jerseys remained traditional, there would be no need for "away" strips. isn't $200 odd bucks enough for one jersey.

perhaps i'm just a fogey.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
gregstar said:
it's pathetic.

"away" jerseys?

fmd! - if the jerseys remained traditional, there would be no need for "away" strips. isn't $200 odd bucks enough for one jersey.

perhaps i'm just a fogey.

Canterbury vs Saints for a start. Both jerseys are prominently white therefore at least one side needs a darker strip to play in. I think the premise is simple and effective. But surely you can see it's all about the bottom line and $$$.