What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jerseys

phonetic

Juniors
I'd definitely take the Storm away jersey over the Knights or Rabbitoh's new designs.

Particularly that Knights one. It hurts.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Souths one... it's different.

They appear to have gone down the Penrith path by having a design that looks radically different to the home strip.

Choppies

Coach
***MH*** said:
southsalt.jpg

Never thought id say it but something worse than our new away jerseys.

Tom Shines

First Grade
As a Souths fan, that's a shocker.
I haven't bought a jersey since my 1999 Downtown Duty Free one. And that's not about to change.
Am I the only one that likes the woolen jerseys over the polyester?

ghoti

Bench
I like the Souths away jersey. I know there are a lot of traditionalists out there, but unfortunately, the Souths home jersey is easily the worst jersey continuously used in sporting history. It just looks so......bland. I dunno...I like most retro jerseys that have been released, but I've never been a huge fan of Souths traditional jersey...I'd like to see the away shirt get some use.

The Tank

Bench
What's going on with rugby league jersey's these days. Some absolute shockers. I can't believe the clubs actually agreed to them. Why can't clubs come up with a simple design - a vee, or stripes, or one colour. The sponsors also make the shirts look cluttered, but I guess you can't help that.

aussies1st

Staff member
That Souths one is a dead set shocker. I never even knew Souths had black in their club. They are meant to be red and green.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Teams are better off playing at home, not only home ground advantage but avoid wearing ridiculous away jersies.

I cant believe how many clubs have such awful designs, Roosters, Melbourne, Souths, Newcastle, who's next???

I agree with Tank, why cant teams go back to simple design, nothing too fancy, bring back the retro jumpers. I dont mind the t-shirt style jersies, I mean the game is changing, but the designs are awful.

effnic

Bench
I hate to say it but i think i have liked every sharks jersey made or maybe i just like blue.

RABK

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
The red one looks sh*tt with the red shorts, worst design IMO. They better off wearing the blue shorts.

We will be.

The red alternate jersey will be worn with Blue shorts and socks. Looks great imo.

Nuke

Staff member
RABK, do you know for sure the Knights'll be wearing blue socks and shorts with their red alternate jersey? I hope you're right ...!

LeagueNut

First Grade
I reckon this plethora of bizarre jerseys is all part of an NRL plan to make us all appreciate their "heritage weeks" a lot more.

choc_soldier

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
We will be.

The red alternate jersey will be worn with Blue shorts and socks. Looks great imo.

But the red will still be an option, right?

Just like how the Panthers away jersey is either worn with the black or white shorts and socks (with the white gear though, we look rather gay. :oops:)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Here is a better pic of the Knights alternate jersey for next year. It looks better than in those other pics, the red is not as "in your face".

altjersey06H.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
New jerseys revealed so far - Newcastle away, Souths away, Roosters away, Dragons home and away.

TBA - Raiders 25th anniversary, Panthers 40th anniversary, Sharks 40th anniversary.

BWNB

First Grade
The question on everyones lips is , Are the Sharks going to use the 70' s jersey next year. Can you answer that dodge?