What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

BM1979

Juniors
Ask Anthony Watts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ovJ5F9le4

Funniest moment was when they were coming back on and there was a camera shot of the two standing side by side. Farah was grinning. Watts face was so swollen he could barely open his eyes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ovJ5F9le4

As for the interview, the tough questions should be asked. Wests Tigers have played some very poor footy and are copping a bit of a grilling. Farah responded in kind with a bit of pride that wouldn't go amiss on game day from the team.

Oh yeah throwing punches in a scrum is so tough

God-King Dean

Immortal
Watts hit him in the previous scrum. Deserved a belting.

I think this 'incident' will be a good thing in the Tigers. Should have a big sign in their locker room saying TIGERS ARE SOFT.

If that doesn't fire up a footy team, nothing will.

Vic Mackey

Referee
How did farah refer to the nz incident? The way people are carrying on its like he's said 'well you fcked some whore with 20 mates' he said 'thats your opinion, im sure people have their opinions on you' he would have said the same thing to geyer or smith

The benji/farah thing has been going for 5 + years and has been denied every time, of course he is going to get the shits.

To me johns was the one who got flustered. I glad he asked the tough questions but then when farah got riled up he backed down and started the 'I grew up a balmain fan, you know I like you guys' etc and the. Held up a tigers jersey. He couldn't handle the response.

I don't really like the twitter thing but what can you do, ban players from using it?

As a fan of the tigers I'm glad farah reacted like that, who knows it might fire the tigers up.....although I doubt it

Hooch

Juniors
Farah might be precious but he gives a shit, you can't fault him for that.

He captains a footy team, it's about passion.

Some of you would probably like to see him replaced by some HR automaton who grins like an imbecile while they are being insulted and responds with idiotic, meaningless platitudes.

skeepe

Immortal
How did farah refer to the nz incident? The way people are carrying on its like he's said 'well you fcked some whore with 20 mates' he said 'thats your opinion, im sure people have their opinions on you' he would have said the same thing to geyer or smith

The benji/farah thing has been going for 5 + years and has been denied every time, of course he is going to get the shits.

To me johns was the one who got flustered. I glad he asked the tough questions but then when farah got riled up he backed down and started the 'I grew up a balmain fan, you know I like you guys' etc and the. Held up a tigers jersey. He couldn't handle the response.

I don't really like the twitter thing but what can you do, ban players from using it?

As a fan of the tigers I'm glad farah reacted like that, who knows it might fire the tigers up.....although I doubt it

Speaking of the jersey that Johns was holding up, anyone else notice the angry way Farah snatched it from him? What a baby.

MacDougall

First Grade
Tigers fans should be singing the praises of Johns from the rooftops. The Tigers have been asleep at the wheel all season. If having your captain attacked in public like that doesn't fire you up absolutely nothing will.

I agree, but it will be all for nought sadly because even fired up the Tigers are 0 chance to beat the Bunnies without Farah, Marshall and Galloway and the fleeting moment of intensity will disappear again.

gronkathon

First Grade
Could not help but notice how easily he let Ben Ikin paint Michael Searle as a victim of the GFC and honest etc. without ever questioning any of it.

Skreepe

Juniors
That was a hard hitting interview ?

Please.

No wonder the Tigers fans are fired up about it. They are as soft as the team they support.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Oh yeah throwing punches in a scrum is so tough

Um, Watts king hit Farah in the scrum previous when he wasn't even looking.

I had no problems with any of Johns' questions but the way he handled the Benji-Farah stuff was spineless.

Farah offered him the chance to reveal his sources and he simply quoted "footy circles". What the f**k is that? Either reveal your source or STFU.

I don't blame Farah for going off, he must be sick of the same crap coming up every year. It was good to see him fired up. He can't win. If he says nothing or gives scripted answers he will be accused of having no backbone, when he fires up he's a sook. Go figure.

I don't give a f**k what anyone thinks about Robbie, I am glad he's our captain. He bleeds for this club and has carried us on his back for years. If all of our players had the same passion and will to win as he does we certainly wouldn't be struggling as much as we are.

get amongst it

Juniors
Johns and MG are asking what the fans are asking. MG pointed out he thinks Mitchell pearce is going backwards under brian smith. whetehr it's true or not is another thing but pearce hasnt become the footballer he probably should have been by now. If it was on the footy show fatty would be telling him how awesome his form is and how he'll lead nsw to the closest origin series ever....

Yep, I understand what MG is talking about. Thinks that Pearce is not trying things as he is scared to get yelled at by an angry brian smith.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
He is the captain and shouldn't be sitting back trying to make up excuses for their shit defence.

"did we scramble well?"

Yes like a carton of f**king eggs!

Doesn't mean much when you keep letting through huge line breaks!

BM1979

Juniors
Um, Watts king hit Farah in the scrum previous when he wasn't even looking.

I had no problems with any of Johns' questions but the way he handled the Benji-Farah stuff was spineless.

Farah offered him the chance to reveal his sources and he simply quoted "footy circles". What the f**k is that? Either reveal your source or STFU.

I don't blame Farah for going off, he must be sick of the same crap coming up every year. It was good to see him fired up. He can't win. If he says nothing or gives scripted answers he will be accused of having no backbone, when he fires up he's a sook. Go figure.

I don't give a f**k what anyone thinks about Robbie, I am glad he's our captain. He bleeds for this club and has carried us on his back for years. If all of our players had the same passion and will to win as he does we certainly wouldn't be struggling as much as we are.

I know he was king hit in a scrum,Watts is a grub but my original statement still stands. Doing the same thing back is not tough.

Firing up was fine , it was the sooking on Twitter afterwards that's the issue in my eyes

gronkathon

First Grade
Ahh yes [FKN-SIK] but there is a specific point of difference.

To many (it would seem Robbie is in this group) soft is the judgement on a mans character.

Say we have defended terribly, are playing like shit but to call anyone who crosses that stripe to play the game at it's highest level soft isan insult and it was responded to in that way

BM1979

Juniors

To many (it would seem Robbie is in this group) soft is the judgement on a mans character.

Say we have defended terribly, are playing like shit but to call anyone who crosses that stripe to play the game at it's highest level soft isan insult and it was responded to in that way

He never called Robbie soft , he said the team was

gronkathon

First Grade
It is all about how it is taken though. To Robbie "The Tigers" are the men in the team and hence why I believe he reacted as he did

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors

I'm sure he was referring to the team's defence as soft. If you ask me, that is a very nice way of putting it

Latest posts