What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

anjado

Juniors
Just watched it then thought it was quality. About time there was a show where players are asked tough questions especially since Gallen last week basically admitted the Tigers were soft. Also i have to say Farah did a good job in answering the questions you could see how annoyed he was but he did a good job composing himself.

It was fantastic television all round.

Rod

Bench
I think most people but don't mind the way Farah answered the questions, it's all the sooking that came afterwards. You come on a league show and you're 1-3, should have been 0-4, what do you think they're going to ask you about? Maybe those blokes really are used to the Footy Show style of inteviewing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally someone in rl media not afraid to ask the tough questions. Johns' questions were justified.

I prefer Matty Johns in this role, cut all the bullshit from his routine & have him focussing more on the game is great

age.s

First Grade
Tigers fans should be singing the praises of Johns from the rooftops. The Tigers have been asleep at the wheel all season. If having your captain attacked in public like that doesn't fire you up absolutely nothing will.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
great to see that we have a show where the hosts are willing to ask the questions everyone else is. How much speculation/rumours/inuendo do we all discuss here everyday? we never see the wusses on the footy show asking it?

Johns and MG are asking what the fans are asking. MG pointed out he thinks Mitchell pearce is going backwards under brian smith. whetehr it's true or not is another thing but pearce hasnt become the footballer he probably should have been by now. If it was on the footy show fatty would be telling him how awesome his form is and how he'll lead nsw to the closest origin series ever....

franklin2323

Immortal
Gave farrah the questions an hour before he asked them. Hardly an ambush

Yeah. I heard that on the radio. He was probably cut he didn't get the usual garbage Footy Show style questions.As for the rumours.

Has anyone here not heard a Tigers rumour? He would get them daily being on fox and the radio. So he had to ask them. I have no problem with the questions just the sooking on Twitter afterwards.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Missed it bloody hell! So was either of them out of line or just a genuine clash?

i'd say a genuine clash. Johns (admittedly with that smug look on his face) was asking about the rumors and calling the tigers soft. farrah to his credit showed that these allegations hurt and he thought they were bullshit. i thought farrah managed to compose himself reasonably well since you could see how angry he was getting/

i did notice that farrah didnt deny the rumour about him and benji - just said 'come to training and see how close the boys are' - that wasnt the question johns asked.....

grouch

First Grade
Farah acted precious from the outset. Getting all defensive from Johns' first statement about being favourites .. "WHO MADE US FAVOURITES??" lol He set the tone. What a child

God-King Dean

Immortal
Farahs responses would have been fine if he didn't resort to " People could judge by some of the things you've done... ", obviously referring to the New Zealand incident.

Johns brought up their soft footy, so Farah brought up some very personal.

How anyone can think that's a good response from a captain is beyond me.

Farah should delete his Twitter account, there's been 4 incidents on there I can remember involving him. Plus only tossers use that shit, & it's only good use is for trolling people.

gUt

Coach
Farah acted precious from the outset. Getting all defensive from Johns' first statement about being favourites .. "WHO MADE US FAVOURITES??" lol He set the tone. What a child

Was he wrong? Again it seems the host of the show is allowed to say what he wants and act how he wants while Farah was... what? Meant to sit there and agree? Meant to respond with cliches?

gronkathon

First Grade
Farahs responses would have been fine if he didn't resort to " People could judge by some of the things you've done... ", obviously referring to the New Zealand incident.

Probably going too far in refferencing that but I can understand why he especially when you consider Johns was also chief amongst those spreading infor from "un-named sources" that Benji was sleeping with Fultons missus last season and that was why all the players were splintered into groups that hate each other

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Was he wrong? Again it seems the host of the show is allowed to say what he wants and act how he wants while Farah was... what? Meant to sit there and agree? Meant to respond with cliches?

I would say the swearing and the attack on Johns personal life was a bit much. At the end of the day, farah could have put his thoughts forward in a much more intelligent and calm manner. Watching the start of the segment, he was itching to start an argument before Johns even said a word. The initial question from Johns was nothing to get fired up about, the fact that Farah answered in the way he did meant it was game on and it snowballed from there.

All that interview did was highlight how much pressure Farah is under and that he's pretty poor at keeping his cool under pressure. Not exactly quality captain material if you can't answer questions like that without flying off the handle. It was obvious the guy was so worked up he was struggling to put it into words by the end of it.

It was great to watch.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
I would imagine we'll get the nice fluffy "love is in the air" piece tonight when Benji is on the Footy Show.

Robbie's got no issue when the fans and media are praising them, but the sword has two edges.

gUt

Coach
Yeah the show is great. I don't mind one bit anything that attacks a player's or a team's on field performances, even if raising it embarrasses them on air. That's footy. I just don't think there's a need to bring up gossipy rubbish when you've already got the player on the ropes.

I must admit I didn't catch what Farah said to Johns about NZ and if Robbie went first with the personal stuff then that's just as bad.

TimmyB

Juniors
Probably going too far in refferencing that but I can understand why he especially when you consider Johns was also chief amongst those spreading infor from "un-named sources" that Benji was sleeping with Fultons missus last season and that was why all the players were splintered into groups that hate each other
Is this discord still present?