What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Farah actually described the performance against the Dragons as soft.

I think he reacted how any captain would expect to.

Danish

Referee
I thought it was great by both parties tbh.

johns put the hard word on farah about their horrid form and soft performances, which farah defended like a good captain while still admitting that they have plenty of work to do.

Then when Johns brought up the rumours I thought farah handled it perfectly. Didn't even acknowledge them really except to demand to know who he has heard them from. About time someone actually got on the offensive with this stuff instead of smiled politely and just shrugged it off.

Imagine how this would have been handled on the footy show...

"aw gee robbie, we think you are the best hooker in the comp and the tigers are the entertainers. I smell a winning streak around the corner don't worry. You and benji are best mates and will get it back on track. Now here's footage of Beau Ryan in a dress at your pizza shop...."

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
i think they are playing heartless and soft

but if i was their captain i wouldnt publicly bag them, particuarly when im suspended, what good is that going to achieve?

He said it himself after the Dragons game.

Your boys are in denial and have a massive chip on their shoulders. They're clearly feeling the pressure.

Farah tonight just stuck a massive target on his head for a media who are already revelling in rolling off copy bagging the Tigers.

When you're a tall poppy, you must maintain a solid manner with the media.

If you want to talk Hornby, look how he stonewalled everything in 2010 when EVERYONE was preying we'd fall so they could sink the slipper in again. Never once did he lose his cool.

Thats leadership. Thats a captain.

Farah is fair game from here on in. They'll be all over him like a rival forward pack are over your piglets.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I

"aw gee robbie, we think you are the best hooker in the comp and the tigers are the entertainers. I smell a winning streak around the corner don't worry. You and benji are best mates and will get it back on track. Now here's footage of Beau Ryan in a dress at your pizza shop...."

:lol::lol:

awesome mate. awesome.

franklin2323

Immortal
That was awesome! Finally someone asks the questions we need answering. As for an ambush? I doubt it. He just wasn't expecting hard questions normally it's soft.

God-King Dean

Immortal
407619-robbie-farah.jpg

He didn't flat out deny it, Sean. He said the claims were "unfounded". Why couldn't he just say "No, it is not true". What was the round about answer for?

They might not be at each others necks, but it doesn't seem like they're best mates either.

It pisses me off, it pisses Benji off and it's bullshit.....I'd say that's a flat out denial. It's been denied plenty of times now yet certain sections of the media persist with the lie. And we're supposedly the media darlings of the game.

As a Tigers fan I was pleased with the way Farah handled it. Sadly he probably won't be back on the show anytime soon.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Your boys are in denial and have a massive chip on their shoulders. They're clearly feeling the pressure.

Farah tonight just stuck a massive target on his head for a media who are already revelling in rolling off copy bagging the Tigers.

If you want to talk Hornby, look how he stonewalled everything in 2010 when EVERYONE was preying we'd fall so they could sink the slipper in again. Never once did he lose his cool.

Farah is fair game from here on in. They'll be all over him like a rival forward pack are over your piglets.

what complete garbage

the tigers have always been soft, we were soft in 2005 aswell. we were soft from 2007-2009 when no one rated us. were we feeling the pressure then?

farah is just passionate, i wish the rest of the players were like him, then we'd be ok.

soward had a dummy spit in 2010 when people said the choker tag and i didnt see you in here calling him an idiot

yeah lets have a comp of ben hornbys, thatd get the people talking...well at least matt cechin would be happy

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
what complete garbage

the tigers have always been soft, we were soft in 2005 aswell. we were soft from 2007-2009 when no one rated us. were we feeling the pressure then?

farah is just passionate, i wish the rest of the players were like him, then we'd be ok.

soward had a dummy spit in 2010 when people said the choker tag and i didnt see you in here calling him an idiot

yeah lets have a comp of ben hornbys, thatd get the people talking

Whatever makes you happy Vic.

I don't think I've ever defended Sowards personality. He's probably got a bit of Farah about him.

He's not our captain though. He doesn't have to face the press conferences after a loss when everyone knows he'll bite.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Considering the Tigpies should be 0-4 someone needs to ask what the f**k is going on and stop the usual Harlem Globetrotters shtick and constant circle jerking over Marshall's football ability and Ryan's comedic "talent"

Eddie.

Bench
I would be fuming if Farah didn't react to being called a soft footy side. I did exactly what a captain should do. The bloke bleeds for the Tigers. Well done by Johns for asking some tough questions. However I'm happy Farah fired up. He has led us to the Top 4 the last 2 years. He is a great clubman and a passionate Tiger.

If he had rolled out the cliches I would have been worried.

undertaker

Coach

:lol::lol:TOTALLY SPOT ON!

It's been many, many years since The Footy Show had an incident that borderlines on the Farah/Johns one. In the early years, during the SL war was the well known Hadley/Ribot stoush (on YouTube, you can see the stoush Mario had with Ribot on the Brisbane version of the show). Most of the on-air confrontations happened in the early days when The Footy Show actually TALKED ABOUT FOOTY. The last time I ever recall witnessing anything similar to last night's incident was on the Sunday Footy Show in 1998, when Fatty et al. were interviewing the then president/chairman of New Zealand rugby league (can't remember his name) when after getting some strong questions, he just gave it to Fatty and co. It was great television watching that as a youngster and the looks on the faces of ppl like Gary Freeman (who was a regular guest for Ch9 at the time) were priceless. I still remember that incident like yesterday and I'm sure others here remember it.

Last edited:
The only footy show discussion I can remember that got heated over the past 5-10 years was when they had Elias and Fenech on together, who didn't like each other, and the whole segment was just Elias trolling Fenech.

Eddie.

Bench

Seriously. People have different personalities.

Ben Hornby is a pretty dour bloke. Farah is pretty fiery. There are different types of leaders.

I agree you don't take pot shots at people in the media because it only makes them pile the pressure on you. However when are called SOFT and the bloke questions your relationship with your players and the coach I would be mighty worried if he didn't fire up. Farah fired up in a presser after they lost to Parra blowing up at the media. They were 7-9. They then won 9 in a row. SO I would call that good captaincy.

Hornby's style of leadership is based around his personality, like any captain should be true to themselves.

Farah as captain has led us to the Top 4 the past 2 years. And we were a field goal away from you blokes in 2010 and beat you in the finals last year.

How you can say one style of leadership is the only way to do it is beyond me.

Last edited:

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
NRL on Fox is hands down the best Rugby League show on TV. I like the fact that the flow of it isn't robotic like the Channel 9 Footy show. I also like the fact that the players and the hosts are able to speak their mind. Channel 9 could definitely learn a thing or two from NRL on Fox.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Farah: one of the biggest whingers in the game. It will be a matter of time before a player decks that grubby face of his

Ask Anthony Watts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ovJ5F9le4

Funniest moment was when they were coming back on and there was a camera shot of the two standing side by side. Farah was grinning. Watts face was so swollen he could barely open his eyes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ovJ5F9le4

As for the interview, the tough questions should be asked. Wests Tigers have played some very poor footy and are copping a bit of a grilling. Farah responded in kind with a bit of pride that wouldn't go amiss on game day from the team.

Latest posts