What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

no name

Coach
Robbie Farah made an excellent point in this discussion.
He called on Matty to tell him who was the one who said him and Benji had fallen out and the answer was 'rugby league circles.'
Matty was right to grill him on the Tigers being soft, but if he wants to bring up rumors, he should give a source or not bring it up.

Goddy

Juniors
Say what you want about Mattys questions, if Farah is gonna be that touchy in an interview, how the hell is he gonna keep a cool head on the Footy field when things aren't going his way?

Maybe bad attitudes is what's dragging the Wests down.

Rod

Bench
The only bit I empathise with Farah on was the 'show some pride in the jersey' quip. That would get me a bit fired up as well.

Everything else, loved it. So good not to hear the same old boring questions every interview. And yeah Farah was firing up from the very first question!

DC_fan

Coach
I had no problem with the questions Johns asked Farah. These are questions that everyone is asking. For mine how Farah responded showed the pressure the Tigers are under.

What I do have a problem with is the language. I know the show has moved to a more adult time, but there is stil plenty of young kids watching.

Big Pete

Referee
If Farah hadn't of had a sook on twitter I would have thought he handled himself fine. Yeah he fired up but these rumours have been around for years and he needed to set the record straight.

It was a good segment, I'm really enjoying the format this year.

no name

Coach
Even the rumours?
I think that was a pretty shit question and when Farah questioned him where he had heard he took the easy way out.

undertaker

Coach
I had no problem with the questions Johns asked Farah. These are questions that everyone is asking. For mine how Farah responded showed the pressure the Tigers are under.

What I do have a problem with is the language. I know the show has moved to a more adult time, but there is stil plenty of young kids watching.

I don't have Fox here at my place. What exactly did Farah say and why was he pissed at Johns? Is this another case of little miss precious going way over the top?

undertaker

Coach
Say what you want about Mattys questions, if Farah is gonna be that touchy in an interview, how the hell is he gonna keep a cool head on the Footy field when things aren't going his way?

Maybe bad attitudes is what's dragging the Wests down.

...which is the very reason why he will never be considered for State of Origin again. Although many say he ONLY had 2 games to prove his worth, he easily put it one of the worst performances by a Blues player in that 2nd game and was our worst player on the field that night. Pressure definitely got to him that night. That try he gifted Lockyer pretty much sealed his fate and his form has been on the decline since 2009 (never forgot the look on his face when JT won the Dally M. It was a "What's happening? I was ENTITLED to that medal" look:lol:).

Last edited:

Goddy

Juniors
I don't have Fox here at my place. What exactly did Farah say and why was he pissed at Johns? Is this another case of little miss precious going way over the top?

Pretty much exactly that. Johns was very blunt with his questions and wanted clear and simple answers, which Farah didn't provide for the most part. All he did was try and turn it around on Johns.

Tiger-Sean

Juniors
Pretty much exactly that. Johns was very blunt with his questions and wanted clear and simple answers, which Farah didn't provide for the most part. All he did was try and turn it around on Johns.

How many times does Farah have to deny there is any infighting between him and Benji?
About time the media were held responsible for bringing up the same rumour again and again every time the tigers lose a few games

Snappy

Coach
pffft, Johns called the Tigers soft.

Obviously Farrah didnt agree and looked a bit pissed.

It was all nothing really

St Benny

Juniors
Farah called it an ambush..

He's the tigers captain going on a footy show and his sides going crap, WTF did he think they were gonna talk about????????

undertaker

Coach

If what you mean by "try and turn it around on Johns" means "making reference to past, off-field incidents which have absolutely nothing to do with the interview or discussion", that's definitely punching below the waist and a very low blow. Typical behaviour from a person who doesn't want to accept responsibility for his poor on-field form or doesn't want to proven wrong, and then tries to feel vindicated by attacking others.

Goddy

Juniors
How many times does Farah have to deny there is any infighting between him and Benji?
About time the media were held responsible for bringing up the same rumour again and again every time the tigers lose a few games

He didn't flat out deny it, Sean. He said the claims were "unfounded". Why couldn't he just say "No, it is not true". What was the round about answer for?

They might not be at each others necks, but it doesn't seem like they're best mates either.

gronkathon

First Grade
I am happy with the way the captain of my club handled himself.

There was always going to be criticism and Johns was doing what he sees his job to be.

It is about time somebody called out the people starting the BS rumours in and around every club.

Good point but Matty weaseled his way out of revealing his sources when fronting Farah with the rumours. Awesome T.V moment however

Goddy

Juniors
If what you mean by "try and turn it around on Johns" means "making reference to past, off-field incidents which have absolutely nothing to do with the interview or discussion", that's definitely punching below the waist and a very low blow. Typical behaviour from a person who doesn't want to accept responsibility for his poor on-field form or doesn't want to proven wrong, and then tries to feel vindicated by attacking others.

I think he was more referring to the Four Corners saga, which is still a petty low blow.

Latest posts