What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Melbourne Stadium

AuckMel

Bench
Down at OP on tuesday, so took a few pics on the progress.

P7080389.jpg

P7080390.jpg

P7080391.jpg

P7080392.jpg

P7080393.jpg

Dogs Of War

Coach
When I went down for the Bulldogs game, I was very impressed. I think that stadium will make a big difference to the attendances. Against the Bulldogs the crowd was only 13K, but the ground comfort wise, wouldn't not of held many more. I can only see good things for the Storm with the new ground.

can see the storm averaging 20,000 in that ground.

when you consider what a dump the storm play in and to get 13/14,000 its not bad at all.

Lowdown

Juniors
I pass this every morning en route to work...and they appear to be making great progress. I would not be surprised if its finished ahead of time and let's hope so.

This new stadium will no doubt lift attendances and will ensure Rugby League's position in Victoria. This stadium will be state of the art and a showcase for the NRL. Its a shame the same cant be said for the public in Sydney who have to put up with either sh*te stadiums of their own or long trips out to an atmosphere-less homebush.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
can see the storm averaging 20,000 in that ground.

when you consider what a dump the storm play in and to get 13/14,000 its not bad at all.

Definately, if the Storm have the same success when they play there. I think this ground is more of a true RL/Union/Soccer ground, unlike Olympic Park when the viewing is a bit far cause of the olympic track.

I mean how good would be to see a packed house in Melbourne for a club game.