What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Melbourne Stadium

Timbo

Staff member
melbourne2.jpg

melbourne3.jpg

melbourne4.jpg

All from austadiums.com

VictoryFC

Bench
Yeah they will, trust me world class facilities in the heart of Melbourne will draw crowds.

I dont suspect they will average near Victory, but its certainly possible to average 20,000.

Ice777

Bench
at Olympic Park

and it was against Canberra. No offence to the Raiders but they're one of our lowest drawing teams for whatever reason. That being said the crowd on Sunday was well above the average of our past 5 or so meetings so it was actually a pretty good result in the end.

Here's the pic i think others were trying to post but for whatever reason won't show.

mrs11ge9.png

ozbash

Referee
wish we had a set up like that here..

will they play AFL on the new park ?

who owns it ?

taipan

Referee
but will they ?

last weekend they could only draw 11,000 to a Sunday arvo game with no other AFL or major sports on

Last weekend the eels and panthers played a local derby in a purpose built stadium, in sydney's rl heartland and got around 14,000.B... all opposition
that day in Sydney.
Then the Storm playing in a sh*t stadium should get around 20,000 provided they are top 5 in a brand new stadium.

icewind

Juniors
wish we had a set up like that here..

will they play AFL on the new park ?

who owns it ?

Looks pretty rectangular to me. Would be pretty sh*t stadium for AFL. Then again, the only stadium that would be good for AFL would be one based in antarctica.

No AFL - is very much a rectangular stadium... finally! There was talk about Melbourne AFL side using the venue for training, but I think that's changed too... Going to be awesome when it opens, although Olympic Park will always hold a special place... been home for a while now!

alexc

Olympic Park will always hold a special place...

The bin? No wait... the bin?

After watching games at ANZ Stadium (QE2 brisbane) for so long and going to Suncorp... it makes such a difference. Such a positive atmosphere at the ground encourages the crowd numbers.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
It's going to be a great stadium for the Storm. Large enough to accommodate bumper crowds for big games but not big enough to make them feel like it has no atmosphere.

Pity they were forced to play out of 3rd world facilities for over a decade.

Latest posts