What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Melbourne Stadium

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
LOL at the bloke that said the dome was going to be a rectangular stadium before the AFL got their "teeth into it". If it wasn't for the AFL, there would be no stadium at docklands. AFL games would produce at least 85% of the income into the stadium.

This is a RL forum, not AFL dear. x

MsStorm

Bench
LOL at the bloke that said the dome was going to be a rectangular stadium before the AFL got their "teeth into it". If it wasn't for the AFL, there would be no stadium at docklands. AFL games would produce at least 85% of the income into the stadium.

I said that, because I was told that, so I apologize cos it sounds as if I was wrong. Something tells me now that I think about it, it may have been written up in the local paper as well...anyway.....its still pretty crappy to watch league at that ground.

BrisVegas

Juniors
Here is a photo of a 3d model that has been created for the new Stadium:

melbrectstadiumqj7.jpg

Also of interest is this information hidden away in an AFL article:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/afl-gets-tough-with-mcg-dome/2008/09/23/1221935640755.html

Fuelling the AFL's frustration is the fact that the soon-to-be-built rectangular stadium in the Olympic Park precinct is expected to be commercially "clean", allowing tenant clubs at that ground full access to profitable signage and pourage agreements.

The Storm being able to negotiate signage and pourage rights whenever they play at the stadium could prove to be a very lucrative source of income.

MsStorm

Bench

beave

Coach
Any decent nicknames for it??

Be interesting if the naming rights don't get sold before te storm kickoff there in 2010,wonder what the Storm club call it............the "cloud" perhaps???

Red Bear

Referee
Exit can be the sphincter, entries nicknamed the iliocecal valve

ascending transverse and descending sections whilst the side the home supporters sit in can be the rectum

Playing field can be the mesentary

works great!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
how bout 'the choker'

one for the storms grapples, two for being minor premiers 3 years in a row and winning just the single comp

Hindyscrack

Bench
The Storm being able to negotiate signage and pourage rights whenever they play at the stadium could prove to be a very lucrative source of income.

Signage rights (usually along with pourage, depending on your contract) always go to the venue hirer. Nothing exciting about that.

Latest posts