What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

Clarke

Juniors
Its amazing what time will do. First time I saw the corporate logo leaked, I was appalled.

Now I really love it. Looks strong, distinctively Aussie. Very cool, thumbs up!

Yeah, it was only because of how different it is to what we were use to. It's a very strong logo/brand/image.

The Tank

Bench
Yeh it's grown on me aswell. Still have issues with the 'NRL' font but it's does look pretty awesome overall.

Lambretta

First Grade
part of re edited spoof (really cleaned up) that I wrote for another site......

So with the season fast approaching lets see what the Independent Commission has gotten up to in the off season

Well, they changed the logo

The old logo was so obviously garbage, as it featured a Rugby League ball and incorporated the colours of the Nations that play NRL (Australian AND New Zealand). Allowing the Kiwi's some effin recognition was obviously a stupid, stupid thing and needed fixing.

The new logo is a vast improvement. It looks purely Australian for a start, so that should piss off the Kiwi's, Tongans, Samoans, Pappa New Guinea Pigs and every other two bit country this side of the equator. It also avoids all references to Rugby League and is easily confused with the cricket logo, the Soccer Australia logo and the Australian tiddly wink, skid mark encrusted panties wearing league. If only they could make it white Australian. Maybe call it Bruce or cobber or something to piss off all those Muslims that follow the Bulldogs.

Hurrah for the Independent Tribunal. It's getting things done.

Prometheus

Juniors
So with the season fast approaching lets see what the Independent Commission has gotten up to in the off season

If you think that is all they've done, you obviously haven't been paying attention. They've negotiated a new sponsorship deal for the NRL premiership and another for the Kangaroos SoO and U20's comp. They've signed a new digital rights deal on top of the windfall from last year's TV rights deal. They've also replaced the team managing the referees and implemented changes to the video refereeing system to keep the games flowing.

Lambretta

First Grade
If you think that is all they've done, you obviously haven't been paying attention. They've negotiated a new sponsorship deal for the NRL premiership and another for the Kangaroos SoO and U20's comp. They've signed a new digital rights deal on top of the windfall from last year's TV rights deal. They've also replaced the team managing the referees and implemented changes to the video refereeing system to keep the games flowing.

I know, I was taking the pish mate.

Here is some more piss taking on them

Once the badge was sorted the commission got around to the business of sorting out the Origin eligibility question. This blight on the game has allowed someone called Greg run around for Queensland whilst ensuring that Australia gets the pick of all the best talent for the International game whilst all the other nations get no one - even those who are eligible to play for them because of an unrelated stand alone series. This obviously needed fixing.

Their solution? Let Greg carry on playing for the team he doesn't originate from whilst insisting that in future anyone who wants to choose which State they come from must have lived in one or both of them before they were 15. This way, any English people who come over and don't want to play for Australia will bloody well be stopped from playing for Australia.

As for all the Feleti's, Epelahame's, Sione's, Mose's, Jamahl's and Tangi's? Well they can bloody well carry on sitting out of International games in the hope they get to play Origin play for New South Wales or Queensland as is fit and proper. We don't want good games in the World Cup, we want Australia to have the greatest record of any International team and if that means they play other teams with no players, then so be it. It's the way things are supposed to be.

Huzzah.

Frailty

First Grade
part of re edited spoof (really cleaned up) that I wrote for another site......

The old logo was so obviously garbage, as it featured a Rugby League ball and incorporated the colours of the Nations that play NRL (Australian AND New Zealand). Allowing the Kiwi's some effin recognition was obviously a stupid, stupid thing and needed fixing.

The new logo is a vast improvement. It looks purely Australian for a start, so that should piss off the Kiwi's, Tongans, Samoans, Pappa New Guinea Pigs and every other two bit country this side of the equator. It also avoids all references to Rugby League and is easily confused with the cricket logo, the Soccer Australia logo and the Australian tiddly wink, skid mark encrusted panties wearing league. If only they could make it white Australian. Maybe call it Bruce or cobber or something to piss off all those Muslims that follow the Bulldogs.

Umm... I can't believe anyone wants you to write anything anywhere.

Lambretta

First Grade
Umm... I can't believe anyone wants you to write anything anywhere.

Yes, satire can be a difficult concept

It's derivative (it looks like another codes badge)
It's racist (it pretends this is an exclusively Australian code using a design and colours associated with Australia)
It has nothing to do with Rugby League (ball has been removed)
It looks rubbish on just about every jersey we've seen it on (looks ok on white or black.... funny that)

It is worse than the old logo in every respect

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

It's racist (it pretends this is an exclusively Australian code using a design and colours associated with Australia)
It looks rubbish on just about every jersey we've seen it on (looks ok on white or black.... funny that)

Obviously still in satire mode, eh

Perth Red

Post Whore

Your not wrong. The lime colour looks pretty naff on the jerseys I have seen in the flesh. The one big positive is having a logo that gets reflected across all levels and states.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

1. It looks like it says NRL pretty clearly to me. Just because someone says it looks like CA's logo, doesn't make it so. Seems pretty clear they're trying to develop a brand around chevrons.

2. Racist? So creating an NRL Premiership logo exclusively for the Warriors (and assuming any future NZ based NRL club) specifically to go on Warriors jersey

3. Check out the brand family. This isn't just "one logo". The One Community / NRL Development logos feature a ball. Regardless - the shape of our ball isn't exclusive to our game anyway.

4. It's only on jerseys this year. The premiership logo will look markedly better next year IMO.

Just 15 years ago the new NRL logo was being lambasted for looking like a bomb or missile, and being very cold and awkward. I completely agree and have been waiting for a newer, more modern logo and I like it.

/rant

Lambretta

First Grade
1. It looks like it says NRL pretty clearly to me. Just because someone says it looks like CA's logo, doesn't make it so. Seems pretty clear they're trying to develop a brand around chevrons.

2. Racist? So creating an NRL Premiership logo exclusively for the Warriors (and assuming any future NZ based NRL club) specifically to go on Warriors jersey

3. Check out the brand family. This isn't just "one logo". The One Community / NRL Development logos feature a ball. Regardless - the shape of our ball isn't exclusive to our game anyway.

4. It's only on jerseys this year. The premiership logo will look markedly better next year IMO.

Just 15 years ago the new NRL logo was being lambasted for looking like a bomb or missile, and being very cold and awkward. I completely agree and have been waiting for a newer, more modern logo and I like it.

/rant

Tim - thanks for the reply.

I like the inclusion of chevrons, but the old one had chevrons too. The 5 star Southern Cross is an Australian icon (look at all the Australians with the tattoo for a start) and is used across this Country as an Australian symbol. That makes it derivative. It also mimics the Cricket Australia logo to a large degree. Again derivative.

Racist - at worst. Unthinking at uncaring at best. The corporate logo is green and gold and contains an Australian icon. (the Kiwis Southern Cross has 4 stars). The fact they had to come up with another design purely for the Warriors is an admission that it is an Australian logo. Why couldn't there be one single logo to unite all the teams in the comp? Same colours, same design? We had that before, what was wrong with the logic? The Telstra Premiership logo is much better than the corporate one btw.

I actually like most of the other brand badges (horrid weird corporate logos aside), NSW Rugby, QLD Rugby etc. Guess what, they all feature a Rugby ball. They are all better than the corporate logo that the NRL chose.

Why a one year weird badge? If they were still working on designs and wanted jerseys sold, then release this years jerseys with last years badge and get the badge right first time. That doesn't change the fact that the Premiership badge for next year is still Green and Gold and will clash with most teams colours.

The old logo wasn't perfect, yes it looked like a bomb (we have those in our game though don't we?) and yes it probably needed updating. A streamlined version keeping a Rugby ball, chevrons and the colours gold, green and black in the old colour types would have been a better idea.

To my mind, they've stuffed it. I'm glad you like it. Diffrent strokes and all that my friend.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Sorry for the random bump, but have any of the alternatives.....

The ARLC has come up with a few variations on the old badge and this is one of the favourites to get the nod.

...been released/leaved or have any of you seen/heard descriptions of the variations???

El Diablo

Post Whore
Sorry for the random bump, but have any of the alternatives.....

...been released/leaved or have any of you seen/heard descriptions of the variations???

it's on jerseys

why use a two year old quote :crazy: