What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So JDB not getting considered and you get guys like Munster who was caught snorting lines and Reece Walsh who was busted with possession considered. Great role models they are. If JDB was in Qld he would be picked for sure by the sounds of things.

I know what JDB was in court for was terrible but in the end he did not get charged and was let off. He went through the whole process and was cleared by a jury. What else can he do to prove innocence? He did his time. If he is not getting picked because of this, then he should sue the NRL for ruining his career with a new rule brought in after the incident.

As for the BBQ, the players who were in a bubble only attended in the end. It was blown out of proportion big time. Didn't Korosai bring in a girl into the NSW camp during lock down? What if she had Covid and contaminated the whole camp? Again no way near as much bad press as the BBQ amongst guys in a bubble.

JDB prior to all the drama was our best by a mile so it is good to see him have the captaincy. This may be what he needs to make better decision in life with that added responsibility. I think he handled the press ok last week during Hooks sacking as well.

slippery5

Juniors
Come on the bbq affair is all on the players nothing to do with Hook or anyone else.

Sims said openly he wouldn't have attended nor Hunt so that should have doubly applied for De Belin the arrogant prick.

No way should he have been given the captaincy that is a complete slur on the many decent people who have gone before him.

I wonder if cake had of been playing whether he would have got the gig or perhaps Sua but I suppose we will never know.

So for mine it should have been Lomax or Bird and just when we needed Woodsy we didn't have him lol.
Don't agree in any of your thoughts this time.

Old Timer

Coach
Re JDB
The language he used during the alleged incident was diabolical and received much press and caused outrage amongst female supporters
The language was graphic on nature and less than polite and was not challenged
A
Don't agree in any of your thoughts this time.
That’s ok you don’t have to

I simply pointed out the facts pertaining to his trial re his statement.

BLM01

First Grade
So how did Captain Jack go for us?

Led from the front ignored the ref and got binned and put on report.

Might play with passion but not with any great intelligence and just reinforces what a dumb team we really are
He will be captain next time when Ben Hunt is MIA. The media have so you need to let the past go.
He is not the soul reason He is still WIWO one of our best.
Our defense on the right hand side Amone, Suli & Feagai is keystone cops stuff ATM and is disgraceful to watch

Old Timer

Coach
He will be captain next time when Ben Hunt is MIA. The media have so you need to let the past go.
He is not the soul reason He is still WIWO one of our best.
Our defense on the right hand side Amone, Suli & Feagai is keystone cops stuff ATM and is disgraceful to watch
Well the point is the media have not let it go and it became a distraction immediately he was named captain

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm happy that this has happened. He owes us a few years of his services. Things might have been far different had we had his services in 2019-2021, but that didn't happen of course and let's hope that he can help the club's revival in 2024.

Dragon David

First Grade
I have always been a fan of Wendell's son, Tristian. I took a liking to the way he played for us in only 5 NRL games, unfortunately. Yes, he was in some trouble with his personal life but that was sorted and he was able to get a trial and train at the Broncos.

I understand that he has been killing it in the Queensland Cup, playing for Souths Logan Magpies and he has filled in tonight as the fullback for the Broncos to replace Reece Walsh who is on Origin duties.

He has received accolades from several of the media broadcasters on his performance tonight in the Broncos win over the Warriors who looked close to winning the game when with about a minute to go their winger Montoya went over only for one of his players being penalised for holding back a Broncos player from making a tackle.

SON OF A GUN STARS IN EPIC BRONCOS DEBUT

He may have played five games for the Dragons, but Tristan Sailor was superb in his Broncos debut.

Sailor finished with 108 metres from 14 runs to go with three tackle busts and a try assist, but it was his 10 tackles including multiple try-savers that proved the difference.

Cooper Cronk lauded Sailor’s first half try-saver amid a desperate Broncos’ defensive display minus their Origin stars.

“That is one of the best try-savers we have seen this year,” Cronk said.

Tristan Sailor had a brilliant Broncos debut.
Sailor turned provider for Mariner to score his second to cap off a brilliant Broncos debut for the fullback and all but seal the win.

Tristian would have been a handy fullback for us now I think.

Dragon David

First Grade
Don't even recognise Tristan anymore.. been 3 yrs since he last played for us.. seems a pretty decent sized body compared to when he left. He was always talented, and a maybe.. definitely not a sure thing.. 3yrs is a long time though.. he turns 25 next month.
Yes, he has put on more beef/muscle and looks much stronger than he was those years ago.

He didn't shirk in taking the ball up hard, making strong try saving tackles, set up a try and just looked good. Hopefully he will get more chances to play full back or 5/8th to see if continues to play good footy. He might be worth getting back again, but I don't think he would want to.

Great news and hope a couple more. Jack certainly wants em, saying ''I am still fresh, look after my body, I pretty much missed three years of the game.
I love the Dragons and have only ever envisaged myself being a one-club man.''

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I was so looking forward to Tristan playing first grade for the Dragons as he was great to watch in the juniors. It is so unfortunate what happened to him and I cannot see him coming back as from memory Wendel and Tristian were pretty disappointed with how the Dragons did not really support him. He will be a great buy for anyone and I really hope he has a good career in the NRL.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I was so looking forward to Tristan playing first grade for the Dragons as he was great to watch in the juniors. It is so unfortunate what happened to him and I cannot see him coming back as from memory Wendel and Tristian were pretty disappointed with how the Dragons did not really support him. He will be a great buy for anyone and I really hope he has a good career in the NRL.
Tristan had talent for sure and it was a pity how things turned out for him at the Dragons. I console myself by remembering that Tristan is now 23, so has a few years on Bud, Sloan and Hammer. I suspect that when those 3 (well, maybe 2, not sure Hammer will still be there) reach 23 they will have surpassed Tristan in skill level. 🤞🤞🤞

Draginzaaar

Bench
I have always been a fan of Wendell's son, Tristian. I took a liking to the way he played for us in only 5 NRL games, unfortunately. Yes, he was in some trouble with his personal life but that was sorted and he was able to get a trial and train at the Broncos.

I understand that he has been killing it in the Queensland Cup, playing for Souths Logan Magpies and he has filled in tonight as the fullback for the Broncos to replace Reece Walsh who is on Origin duties.

He has received accolades from several of the media broadcasters on his performance tonight in the Broncos win over the Warriors who looked close to winning the game when with about a minute to go their winger Montoya went over only for one of his players being penalised for holding back a Broncos player from making a tackle.

SON OF A GUN STARS IN EPIC BRONCOS DEBUT

He may have played five games for the Dragons, but Tristan Sailor was superb in his Broncos debut.

Sailor finished with 108 metres from 14 runs to go with three tackle busts and a try assist, but it was his 10 tackles including multiple try-savers that proved the difference.

Cooper Cronk lauded Sailor’s first half try-saver amid a desperate Broncos’ defensive display minus their Origin stars.

“That is one of the best try-savers we have seen this year,” Cronk said.

Tristan Sailor had a brilliant Broncos debut.
Sailor turned provider for Mariner to score his second to cap off a brilliant Broncos debut for the fullback and all but seal the win.

Tristian would have been a handy fullback for us now I think.
Smaller than Slone, who makes 50 metres because he's scared to run the ball back.

Old Timer

Coach
Here we go talking up and lamenting the loss of young Sailor

Walsh comes back Sailor goes out so where is his future at the Broncos certainly not FB or wing.

Good cover for 1st grade at a good club but evidently has sufficient ability for a club like us according to some of the muppets in this place.

We love talking players up especially ex juniors.