What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New rule

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yes that is the dragons way.

For the life of me I don't understand why we didn't fight the McGuire charge.

I'm sure we could find video footage of a dozen similar tackles that didn't get charged.
I just reckon Hook would rather just focus on what we have and concentrate on getting up for the 5 day turn. The NRL has an agenda set and there is no way they are not making an example of someone, that someone is us which I almost could promise would happen. Total waste of time to fight them.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I was thinking about that send off which ruined the game, instead of punishing a game by have 12 on 13, you lose a like for like player or the opposition team choosing a player of there choice to be ruled out for the rest of game but still have 13 on 13.
So for example Bellamy could have chosen Bent Hunt as our play maker to sit out the game but still have 13 on 13.
or he could pull Norman off and we'd all be better off!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Im done. The NRL can get stuffed.
This has effectively ended our season.
So incredibly frustrating that our team is the one that suffers most whenever they want to make a point.
Screw the NRL, I am finding a new hobby.
I won’t quit just yet but the weekend was as close as I have ever coming to quitting. I’m not really an emotional person and losses don’t really stuff my day up too much but this weekend I was enraged, I wanted to punch a hole through my TV. Makes it worse that we were actually having a real dig and it was building into a really competitive game.

Crush

Coach
I won’t quit just yet but the weekend was as close as I have ever coming to quitting. I’m not really an emotional person and losses don’t really stuff my day up too much but this weekend I was enraged, I wanted to punch a hole through my TV. Makes it worse that we were actually having a real dig and it was building into a really competitive game.
Screw them. Im jumping ship to AFL. And I fricken hate AFL!

Drakon

Juniors
I have supported Saints in good times and bad - it's in my blood. Similarly have watched NRL no matter what. I must say, this last weekend was really disillusioning. Just complete over reaction. Illogical decisions.

A few more weeks and we'll be watching whatever reserve graders that are left as some head contact is inevitable.

McGuire may have lent some weight to the tackle in what they call a hip drop but he was being dragged forward in the tackle also. 5 weeks for that is incredible! And then there is the Kaufusi head high tackle.....

Oh, and then there is the idiocy of the Townsend tackle - laughable if it wasn't so stupid.

It wasn't the Magic weekend....more like the Tragic weekend!

Are the English Super League following suit? If not, I may have to find me a Siuper League team to support. I'll still follow Saints but may not be watching all the other Nrl games likeI mostly do now.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Come on guys, there are 17 Dragons who will run out on Friday (and onwards) who need our support. We may see even a few of our young stars in action. They need our support.

Yes it's disappointing the whole new crackdown and the way it's effected us, but let's not lose sight of the big picture, as one door closes another door opens.
A lot of people spruiking Ramsey at fullback, well this maybe the time
A lot of people wanting Ford in the team, well he has a better chance than before to show his skill.
And so on and so forth.
Theres also the possibilitt of Sloan, Amone or a real smokie in Coric playing.

They need us.

If we turn up our toes the NRL win, I for one won't let that happen.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Come on guys, there are 17 Dragons who will run out on Friday (and onwards) who need our support. We may see even a few of our young stars in action. They need our support.

Yes it's disappointing the whole new crackdown and the way it's effected us, but let's not lose sight of the big picture, as one door closes another door opens.
A lot of people wanting Ford in the team, well he has a better chance than before to show his skill.
And so on and so forth.

They need us.

I wrote about this in a post on the Sharks game. There are some positives if we can keep touch. Ford may cement himself, Feagai has an opportunity to get an extended run much like Rava did and look how that turned out. Ramsey has a chance at the back (although I think he’s busted) out of this period it could shape our side for years to come if one or two can stand up. If Hook gets us through this next period still in or around the 8 he deserves an extension.

St Tangles

Bench

And so on and so forth.

They need us.

My disappointment with our club is that we don't stand up for ourselves
I was hoping that we would fight one or two of the charges

Gareth67

First Grade

What the f##k ! Haven’t those pea hearts at Dragon headquarters read a bloody word that we have written ?

Good lawd ! They have accepted the judiciary’s charges and once again we have been merely rolled over like a meek mouse and instead of putting up some sort of fight - defense , against the absolute injustice of what appears to be a conspiratorial and draconian attitude of the NRL against the Dragons .

Damn disappointed that the St.George Illawarra powers to be , would not defend our Dragons players to the hilt .

I often used to wonder why there was no fire emitting from the Dragon on the teams jersey , I now know why .

Latest posts