What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New rule

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints clearly should be bringing this up to the NRL just like the Roosters did with Hutch. Norman not as badly injured but why was this not an offence and the others were? If it was the only incident fine, but Saints were punished for incidents before this so there is clearly no consistency just pure bias.

True_Believer

Juniors
Saints clearly should be bringing this up to the NRL just like the Roosters did with Hutch. Norman not as badly injured but why was this not an offence and the others were? If it was the only incident fine, but Saints were punished for incidents before this so there is clearly no consistency just pure bias.

I'd consider this a worse offence than the McGuire head high tackle. Wasn't the edict to stop all contact with the head?

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
That Fui is getting more time than Papali is an absolute joke, it's not his fault Papenhauzen lines up directly with his shoulder. They're going to have to start bringing in height restrictions the way things are going because there was zero intent to injure in my eyes

Gareth67

First Grade

Totally agree . The Dragon hierarchy must now realize the need to hire the services of a highly competent solicitor or even Barrister to fight these charges which threaten to totally derail the Big Red V’s season .

Have the individual showcase similar incidents which have occurred during the season- in particular this round . Highlight the ferocity of such incidents to the judiciary and hopefully , with a very competent member of the legal fraternity , may at the very least have these ridiculous charges downgraded .

Time to man up and stop being the NRL’s whipping boys St.George Illawarra , you have many supporters out there that truly do give a damn about their team and are sick to death of it being kicked from pillar to post . :rage:

Last edited:

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
What if we stormed NRL HQ with bricks and pitchforks? Seems like the only way forward, and a way to show them what real ill intent looks like

epDragon62

First Grade
I've given the game the benefit of the doubt for a long time now.

Legs tackles punished.
Voluntary tackles rewarded.
Junior development not rewarded.
A salary cap which is clearly not working as designed.
Moving to big venues to line pockets.
Selling out family days on the hill for TV ratings.
Overpriced everything.
Players who are entitled and in it purely for themselves.
No love of the jersey.
Clubs losing identity.
Playing style boring and predictable across the league.
Athletes instead of footballers.
6 again rubbish.

This latest change is the worst of the lot. The NRL no longer represents the game I used to love, and it will only get worse from here.

Time to say goodbye for me. I'm going to find another sport.

Go f**k yourself NRL
I don't often agree with you Gitano but most of what you say here I do.

Can't pass up on the game as I just don't enjoy other sports as much as league.

True_Believer

Juniors
Send this to the Judiciary!

Just to add to the stupidity of this, they didn't pick up anything wrong with the Rav tackle during the game BUT the bunker has a second look and it's on report. And yet they somehow missed this when it was shown a couple of times during the telecast.

And people wonder why the whole thing seems biased - or at the very least people are disillusioned with the game.

Illusion

Bench
Just to add to the stupidity of this, they didn't pick up anything wrong with the Rav tackle during the game BUT the bunker has a second look and it's on report. And yet they somehow missed this when it was shown a couple of times during the telecast.

And people wonder why the whole thing seems biased - or at the very least people are disillusioned with the game.
Its all becoming an Illusion .......

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm not against the new neck/head rules, but I am against the interpretation there of.

Intentional v reckless v careless v unintentional.
Then we have with force and without force (doesn't every tackle have some element if force?).
Pressure on neck (crusher) deliberate v accidental.
Some of these areas are very grey indeed.
Unfortunately these days, legs tackles dont prevent offloads, hence tackles have moved up and the emphasis of putting a player on his back to prevent quick play the balls.

Then HIA, some teams use this for free interchange. I think there was one on the weekend where the player had an injury nowhere near the head but was subbed as a HIA, ie free interchange. Would really like to see some srats as to when these HIA's occur like nearing the end of a props rotation on field.

Maybe 15 min HIA assessment = 15 min sin-bin or send off if bad enough..

I thi k something has to be done to prevent milking penalties also, maybe reverse penalty if found to do so.

Lastly, the NRL and the press/ roadcasters needs to stop pedestaling players, as if they are above the rest. Yes some are superstars of the game, bit what happens to them in a game is no different thsn any other player. They are not protected species.

Hook was right in his presser yesterday 'will the same rules apply in SOO' sinbins send offs in a game where ALL of our protected species play in. I wonder if Game 1 will be as physical as expected or we just have cream puff play. I guess everyone wants to be available for games 2 and 3 right?

Dragon David

First Grade
Am I right for thinking that our club has been hit the worst than any other club with these charges on top of our injuries? If so, we are deadset so unlucky that we remain the escape goat and glory, glory hallelujah to all of the top clubs who can get nicked.