What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings - All available information

Brendon

Juniors
Man this has to be the first time in years where we have bought alot of players for next season cant wait

Kirk Reynoldson
Jesse Royal
Grant Wooden
Kurt Hancock
Todd Maddison
Dane Campbell
Simon Grix (Very Close)
Dustin Cooper
Luke Dorn (Very Close)
Matt Lantry

Things are looking a lil better 4 next year and if we stay injury free we should do really well:)

General Knight

Juniors
Hey guys I have been noticing lately that other footy websites seem to publish their club's player movements and that the Knights website doesnt say a thing about new signings, etc. So recently i sent an email to the knights admin asking if it was possible if they could provide a section on the Knights website on all the players coming and going from the club. I just got a reply back today from the admin and they said that they will see what they can do about it. Hopefully they can setup a section for it on the website in the near future as it will be a more easier and reliable way to keep track of whats going on rather than having to search around. :D

roopy

Referee
CCGenerals said:
Hey guys I have been noticing lately that other footy websites seem to publish their club's player movements and that the Knights website doesnt say a thing about new signings, etc. So recently i sent an email to the knights admin asking if it was possible if they could provide a section on the Knights website on all the players coming and going from the club. I just got a reply back today from the admin and they said that they will see what they can do about it. Hopefully they can setup a section for it on the website in the near future as it will be a more easier and reliable way to keep track of whats going on rather than having to search around. :D
Except they hardly ever update things like that.
I think we are nearly always a few steps ahead of the Knights website here, just by keeping up with the newspapers and radio broadcasts.

antonius

Coach
CCGenerals said:
Don't want to dampen your hopes but waiting for them to update stuff is like watching grass grow.

General Knight

Juniors
Grixs gone to the Wolves?

Family affair: will Simon Grix be followed by brother Scott to Warrington?

WARRINGTON have finally completed the signing of Halifax starlet Simon Grix for next season - and are being linked with his out-of-contract big brother Scott as well.

Warrington officials were not prepared to admit the capture of Grix junior, although an announcement is expected by the end of the week.
But Courier Sport can confirm that the former King Cross player, a member of the England Academy side that beat Australia in Sydney over the summer, has put pen to paper on a permanent deal with Paul Cullen's Wolves.
Simon had been hoping for a move to Australia, with Michael Hagan's Newcastle one of several sides who expressed an interest in signing him for 2005.
But the depth of talent Down Under, coupled with the cost of flying an unproven teenager half-way round the world, seems to have proven too great a deterrent in the salary-cap conscious NRL.
With no firm Antipodean offer on the table, Grix was effectively faced with a choice between Warrington or staying in the National League for another season.
Fax will be entitled to a fixed fee for Grix under the terms of the contract he signed following the club's relegation from Super League at the end of 2003.
Shay football manager Paul Dixon preferred not to comment on the player's apparent switch, but admitted it would come as no surprise.
"Simon has a clause in his current deal which allows him to leave for a set amount of money," said Dixon.
"I would be surprised if he and his agent hadn't explored that although he was obviously looking at the Australian option as well."
Scott's possible link to the Halliwell Jones Stadium comes as more of a surprise.
The talented full-back has been one of the success stories of the second half of Fax's season, but with Elland-based Darryl Cardiss holding the number one shirt for Paul Cullen's side he would be far from an automatic inclusion in the Wolves' line-up.
And Scott's situation could be complicated by his age - he turns 21 next May, leaving him with just one more season of under-21 rugby in which to stake a claim for a first team spot.
But with Cullen, who has already added strike centres Martin Gleeson and Toa Kohe-Love to an already potent 2005 backline, publicly saying he is looking to fill squad numbers 21-25 for next season, he could be prepared to take a gamble on the ex-Siddal man.

22 September 2004

Looks like we wont be getting Grix.

chinorocks

Juniors
CCGenerals said:
Grixs gone to the Wolves?

Family affair: will Simon Grix be followed by brother Scott to Warrington?

WARRINGTON have finally completed the signing of Halifax starlet Simon Grix for next season - and are being linked with his out-of-contract big brother Scott as well.

Warrington officials were not prepared to admit the capture of Grix junior, although an announcement is expected by the end of the week.
But Courier Sport can confirm that the former King Cross player, a member of the England Academy side that beat Australia in Sydney over the summer, has put pen to paper on a permanent deal with Paul Cullen's Wolves.
Simon had been hoping for a move to Australia, with Michael Hagan's Newcastle one of several sides who expressed an interest in signing him for 2005.
But the depth of talent Down Under, coupled with the cost of flying an unproven teenager half-way round the world, seems to have proven too great a deterrent in the salary-cap conscious NRL.
With no firm Antipodean offer on the table, Grix was effectively faced with a choice between Warrington or staying in the National League for another season.
Fax will be entitled to a fixed fee for Grix under the terms of the contract he signed following the club's relegation from Super League at the end of 2003.
Shay football manager Paul Dixon preferred not to comment on the player's apparent switch, but admitted it would come as no surprise.
"Simon has a clause in his current deal which allows him to leave for a set amount of money," said Dixon.
"I would be surprised if he and his agent hadn't explored that although he was obviously looking at the Australian option as well."
Scott's possible link to the Halliwell Jones Stadium comes as more of a surprise.
The talented full-back has been one of the success stories of the second half of Fax's season, but with Elland-based Darryl Cardiss holding the number one shirt for Paul Cullen's side he would be far from an automatic inclusion in the Wolves' line-up.
And Scott's situation could be complicated by his age - he turns 21 next May, leaving him with just one more season of under-21 rugby in which to stake a claim for a first team spot.
But with Cullen, who has already added strike centres Martin Gleeson and Toa Kohe-Love to an already potent 2005 backline, publicly saying he is looking to fill squad numbers 21-25 for next season, he could be prepared to take a gamble on the ex-Siddal man.

22 September 2004

Looks like we wont be getting Grix.

Well that f*cking sux

stubbsie

Juniors
Maybe he will come over in a couple of years :? he can develop his game over there and then come play with the big boys. Hopefully we can pick up Dorn now.

Brendon

Juniors
Just heard hages on the radio say that they have made an offer to Luke Dorn and he hopes that Dane Campbell and Luke Dorn will be the back up halves for next season. Luke is unsure at the moment as its between Knights and An Overseas club, I think he will be a Knight next year imo

General Knight

Juniors
Just came across this site and found a list of player gains/losses.

Newcastle Knights
COACH - Michael Hagan
QLD Feeder Club: Burleigh Bears

GAINS : Hanan Laban (Wainuiomata), Matt Lantry (Eels), Todd Maddison (Wests Newcastle), Dane Campbell (Easts Tigers), Dustin Cooper (Storm 2yrs), Grant Wooden (Wynnum Manly 1yr), Jesse Royal (Panthers) 2yrs, Kirk Reynoldson (Storm) for 4yrs, Kurt Hancock (Bathurst St Patricks 2yrs)

RE-SIGNED : Luke Quigley (1yr), Brad Tighe (3yrs), Blake Mueller (1yr), Brendon Worth (1yr), Blake Tremain-Cannon (2yrs), Luke Mercer (1yr), Clint Newton (3yrs), Matt Kennedy (2yrs), George Carmont (1yr), David Seage (2yrs), Daniel Tolar, Andrew Johns (2yrs), Kurt Gidley (2yrs), Dane Tilse (2yrs), Adam Woolnough (3yrs)

OFF CONTRACT : Josh Smith, Matthew Bartlett, Chris Tyrie, Mark Buddy Jaques

LOSSES : Michael Ennis (Dragons for 2yrs), Timana Tahu (Eels for 3yrs), Ben Kennedy (Manly)

RETIRED : Russell Richardson, Robbie O’Davis, Matt Parsons

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/8957/index.htm

Spike

First Grade
I could see Cooper taking Hall's wing spot and pushing Hall onto the bench to cover the second row/backs which Hall was doing last year for a while.

Whats Doing

Bench
I have given contact details of the knights to a current QLD Cup player who wishes to trial with the knights. The player is a former state under 17 player and may have played 1 game at NRL level this season (not exactly sure on this last point). The player is eligible for Flegg next season and I have seen this player develop over the years into a State representative player and would be an extremely valuable gain for the knights at little cost. The call is going to be made today.

nz_novacastrian

Juniors
Spike said:
I could see Cooper taking Hall's wing spot and pushing Hall onto the bench to cover the second row/backs which Hall was doing last year for a while.

i ccould see that happening actually and i think it'd be more effective than Hall starting.

roopy

Referee
CCGenerals said:
I noticed we signed Hanan Laban, who the hell is he?
He is one of the two front rowers from NZ who will be attending Newcastle Uni next year. He was head prefect at Scots college in Wellington and helped Wellington to a big win in the NZ juniors championships. He will be able to play SG Ball - but they obviously think he has better prospects if they are listing him in the signings.

Latest posts