What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
bwahahahaha. Small things amuse mong minds. Especially typos.
, its 2 years. Mong. But you knew that , right?
Yeah......faarrken funny considering you're having a go at others for spelling mistakes just today. Don't really see the point in comparing a hypothetical 2 year contract with a hypothetical 4 year one tbh......pretty much irrelevant.

Surely

Post Whore
1.2 x 4 =4.8
950 x 3 = 1.9
4.8 -1.9 = 2.9
Thats in, milions of dollars.
if it was me, given the after tax differences, Id be telling you to get far kurnelled, & id miss every kick until I was released

1.9 for two years plus 2.4 for the following two

That's 500k difference less tax, so you don't have to go to Kurnell after all

Maccas4177

Juniors
images

1.9 for two years plus 2.4 for the following two

That's 500k difference less tax, so you don't have to go to Kurnell after all
You are including an expected upgrade, which may not be doable.
You are also assuming the 1.2 per year now, will be there in 2 years time. So worst case scenario is there is no contract in Australia at that time for him. So it might cost him approx $3 mil.
Its a fantastic opportunity for Maloney.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Lets say we make Jimmy honor his 2018 contract without extending him. Surely it would be in his interest to keep performing to ensure his big final contract elsewhere is lucrative.

Tiger Shark

Bench
poor performances MIGHT* also cost him his Origin jersey too, there's what 100k gone ?

*we have no halves so probably not

bluefox68

Staff member
Bottom line - how much is a premiership worth?
I'm convinced he's one of those blokes who just knows what it takes to win.
He's definitely worth $900K over 3 years.

Bottom line - how much is a premiership worth?
I'm convinced he's one of those blokes who just knows what it takes to win.
He's definitely worth $900K over 3 years.
But we need to spend 4.8 over 4 to keep him. its not up to the forum to negotiate last time I looked.
I reckon we jsut give him the coin. it will mean incredible salary cap pain for us in 2 years in rebuild mode though. & we need to bring along at least 6 quality back rowers over the next 3 years. Nikora et al.

poor performances MIGHT* also cost him his Origin jersey too, there's what 100k gone ?

*we have no halves so probably not
Doubt it. regardless of form he will be first picked & Origin will probably be his focus.

Lets say we make Jimmy honor his 2018 contract without extending him. Surely it would be in his interest to keep performing to ensure his big final contract elsewhere is lucrative.

ah no.
He will sign elsewhere after November 1 this year & cruise.