What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

bluefox1968

Juniors
Anyone know if we have an interest in Gideon Gela Mosby.

Or if the Cowboys have resigned him?

He's been a prolific try scorer in the Cowboys NYC for a few seasons now.

Think he scored almost 40 tries in his first NYC season for them.

If anyone hasn't heard of him before You Tube him.

Then think of Barba at Full Back

Holmes on one wing and Mosby on the other.

GGM was clocked at 10.24 secs for the 100m. Scored 39 tries in NYC last year. Was injured this year, but now is back, and scoring tries again.

You would have to think the Cowboys will do all they possibly can to keep him...

cb4

First Grade
Anyone know if we have an interest in Gideon Gela Mosby.

Or if the Cowboys have resigned him?

He's been a prolific try scorer in the Cowboys NYC for a few seasons now.

Think he scored almost 40 tries in his first NYC season for them.

If anyone hasn't heard of him before You Tube him.

Then think of Barba at Full Back

Holmes on one wing and Mosby on the other.

The only backs I have heard we are after are Josh Mansour, David Mead and Kerrod Holland.

I also believe earlier in the season we tapped up Dane Gagai but he wasn't very responsive to our moves.

southland

Juniors
Holland would be a great pickup but don't see him going anywhere.

Pre June 30th forward signing is what we need...

cb4

First Grade
Holland would be a great pickup but don't see him going anywhere.

Pre June 30th forward signing is what we need...

Touch and go with Holland.

Their best squad doesn't see him get a run.

Pre June 30 forward is what we are on the look out for, NZ forward would be for next season.

Touch and go with Holland.

Their best squad doesn't see him get a run.

Pre June 30 forward is what we are on the look out for, NZ forward would be for next season.

Do you think he will get a run with our best squad on the park?
I dont.

cb4

First Grade
No, Des will play Morris Perrett Hoppa Morris and Rona.

Holland and the other winger who debuted will be back playing park footy.

No, Des will play Morris Perrett Hoppa Morris and Rona.

Holland and the other winger who debuted will be back playing park footy.

Thats what I mean, I think he'd be in the same situation if he signed with us.
Barba, Val, Bird, Beale, Feki.
All of them, plus Loots, are signed for next year, arent they?

cb4

First Grade
Thats what I mean, I think he'd be in the same situation if he signed with us.
Barba, Val, Bird, Beale, Feki.
All of them, plus Loots, are signed for next year, arent they?

True, but Bird only has one more year before heading back to the Dragons, so could very well see him become the bench utility if we can land a centre on a long-term deal.
If there is no signs of long-term commitment from Bird, it wouldn't surprise me to see him move to the bench soon.

True, but Bird only has one more year before heading back to the Dragons, so could very well see him become the bench utility if we can land a centre on a long-term deal.
If there is no signs of long-term commitment from Bird, it wouldn't surprise me to see him move to the bench soon.

Soon as in 2017, Flanno wouldnt upset how team is going at moment

shaggs

Coach
The only backs I have heard we are after are Josh Mansour, David Mead and Kerrod Holland.

I also believe earlier in the season we tapped up Dane Gagai but he wasn't very responsive to our moves.

From those three, I think only man sour makes a difference.
I'm not sold on Holland either. Would be a depth signing. Can't see him outplaying bird Beale or leutele.

If nothing else, you've just sparked this thread up a little. :lol:

bluefox1968

Juniors
CB4 - you've probably commented on this before, but are you in favour of us trying to retain Jack Bird?

I do believe he is still a little over-rated, but he is also a talent that I hope will develop into a really great player.

Thoughts?

RUBIKS

Juniors

I know he breaks under a stiff breeze, however it's possible he's out grown his injury streak. If so, I'd be happier with Gagan over all those listed.

I reckon Mansour would be a waste of money and Mead is nothing special. Holland wouldn't be a bad addition, however like others have said, I don't see him getting a run with a healthy team.

I know he breaks under a stiff breeze, however it's possible he's out grown his injury streak. If so, I'd be happier with Gagan over all those listed.

I reckon Mansour would be a waste of money and Mead is nothing special. Holland wouldn't be a bad addition, however like others have said, I don't see him getting a run with a healthy team.

I believe Gagan has played all matches this year for NSW cup maybe he is getting over the injuries