What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

MilkShark

First Grade
True, but Bird only has one more year before heading back to the Dragons, so could very well see him become the bench utility if we can land a centre on a long-term deal.
If there is no signs of long-term commitment from Bird, it wouldn't surprise me to see him move to the bench soon.

In all honesty, do you really think Bird will go back to the Dragons?

I struggle to understand why he would?

He has mates, who cares. You're a rugby league player, you play to win. I don't see the Dragons amounting to any success for the next 10 years. And if Bird was to go back there, he would soon find out just his inclusion in that team will not change anything with that team.

In all honesty, do you really think Bird will go back to the Dragons?

I struggle to understand why he would?

He has mates, who cares. You're a rugby league player, you play to win. I don't see the Dragons amounting to any success for the next 10 years. And if Bird was to go back there, he would soon find out just his inclusion in that team will not change anything with that team.

Good points add to that the pressure on him as would be big $$$, couple of ordinary games first up fans will be letting him know about it asap

I know we are looking for a forward before June 30th, his name has been mentioned before Tony Williams, i know has not set world on fire at Dogs, but under Flanno could he get him back to player was.

He could come up off bench like Kasiano does, for a 20 minute run, not expecting him to play 80 mins

MilkShark

First Grade
I know we are looking for a forward before June 30th, his name has been mentioned before Tony Williams, i know has not set world on fire at Dogs, but under Flanno could he get him back to player was.

He could come up off bench like Kasiano does, for a 20 minute run, not expecting him to play 80 mins

He would want too much money.

cb4

First Grade
I'd take Tamou over any recruit we have mentioned in here. He would be absolutely amazing for us.
I'd be confident enough to sign him and Vaughan and then strengthen the squad where it is needed.

cb4

First Grade
CB4 - you've probably commented on this before, but are you in favour of us trying to retain Jack Bird?

If he wants to play fullback or 5/8, no.

If he wants to play centre, yes.

I do believe he is still a little over-rated

Disagree

but he is also a talent that I hope will develop into a really great player.

He is turning into a great player already.

Thoughts?

Keep him if he is focused on becoming a representative centre otherwise f**k him off and sign someone who wants that role.

MilkShark

First Grade
Good luck to him if he did go for that reason. It's a big move purely just to play another position he is not proven in.

I could see him playing 6 but he would need to change his significantly in order to be a good 6.

bluefox1968

Juniors
If he wants to play fullback or 5/8, no.

If he wants to play centre, yes.

Disagree

He is turning into a great player already.

Keep him if he is focused on becoming a representative centre otherwise ... sign someone who wants that role.

Okay, thanks for responding...

Maybe if we win the comp, he will realise he's in the best possible situation...

shaggs

Coach
He would want too much money.

Don't forget the fact he is an appalling footballer. If you thought we all gave tupou heaps when he played badly or how much we all bag taga for having bad hands, then get ready to rip the shit out of him. He sucks, simple

Inferno

Coach
I have no doubt he will be offered a contract in accordance with his worth.

If he is so deadset on playing in the spine I'm happy for him to go. He's a good ball runner and has some elusiveness and speed, but he's no better than an average ball player and has no kicking game to speak of.

I don't think we have much to lose by waiting to re-sign him. We could probably get a pretty decent back for his money, and his value may potentially drop if the Drags end up signing Keary. I'd be surprised if he'd get a 5/8 gig at any other club in the NRL.

cb4

First Grade
Don't forget the fact he is an appalling footballer. If you thought we all gave tupou heaps when he played badly or how much we all bag taga for having bad hands, then get ready to rip the shit out of him. He sucks, simple

Tamou? You can't be serious.

cb4

First Grade
I have a big man crush on Tony Willams, as does Flanno. But we aren't looking at him.

Latest posts