What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

coolumsharkie

Referee
Keep Bird till 2019 please. androtrops can pay overs for him them.

Edit: androtrops?? I typed drag queens

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
CB4 - you've probably commented on this before, but are you in favour of us trying to retain Jack Bird?

I do believe he is still a little over-rated, but he is also a talent that I hope will develop into a really great player.

Thoughts?

He's a future big star of the game, we need to keep him beyond '17

shaggs

Coach
I have a big man crush on Tony Willams, as does Flanno. But we aren't looking at him.

I thought you had better taste than that. For a player on his coin and with his experience, his good games would be less than 20% of what he has played.
He has wasted his physicality and athletic ability. Should be destroying every defence

webShark

I have a big man crush on Tony Willams, as does Flanno. But we aren't looking at him.

So why isn't Flanno looking at someone in Reserve Grade who would be happy to leave?

Maybe he doesn't love him after all and recognises he has about 10 minutes of energy in him a game. Watch him go to English Super League. Unfit liability. Dangerous from a metre from the try line. Liability everywhere else.

First saw at Shark Park as a winger for Parrs. Looks scary and that's it.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Still think Ethan Lowe would be a good get. I'd prefer him over Tamou or Williams tbh. Especially if we're looking to move Luke Lewis on.

sandshark

Bench
Jack Bird is a centre through and through.
The Dragons may promise him first shot in the halves but they can not be that serious to let him stay there.
Anyways.. He is ours for a little time yet.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Still think Ethan Lowe would be a good get. I'd prefer him over Tamou or Williams tbh. Especially if we're looking to move Luke Lewis on.

I think it would be a backwards move to let Lewis go...

He just does the runs that need to be done...

He is still putting himself in the right position to score tries...

He can tackle...

There's no down side.

webShark

I think it would be a backwards move to let Lewis go...

He just does the runs that need to be done...

He is still putting himself in the right position to score tries...

He can tackle...

There's no down side.

On this season's form he has got to be a year contract. Best he has played for years. It seems likely we lose Heino and Gall so finding 3 forwards of that standard would be very hard.

cb4

First Grade
I thought you had better taste than that. For a player on his coin and with his experience, his good games would be less than 20% of what he has played.
He has wasted his physicality and athletic ability. Should be destroying every defence

On his day he is dangerous. I really wanted him when he was leaving Manly. He could have been our right edge runner for a decade but he got complacent and followed Des.
He is now on the same downward spiral.

So why isn't Flanno looking at someone in Reserve Grade who would be happy to leave?

Maybe he doesn't love him after all and recognises he has about 10 minutes of energy in him a game. Watch him go to English Super League. Unfit liability. Dangerous from a metre from the try line. Liability everywhere else.

First saw at Shark Park as a winger for Parrs. Looks scary and that's it.

Flanno has a massive hard on for him. Unfortunately the money over form is stopping anyone picking him up.
Plus our back rowers in reserve grade are playing well, and there is no spot for him in firsts.

He will either go to the Super League or Newcastle.

Born BB&W

Juniors
If Jack Bird does intend to return to St George only for the reason he was a junior he is a dead set moron. Every time he opens his mouth you can see he's one of the bluntest tools in the shed but that would just be the icing on the cake.

MilkShark

First Grade
Unfortunately I think Jack might believe he can turn the dragons into a great team. I'm not so certain about that.

Hopefully he understands the type of team he is in at the sharks and how lucky he is. Not to mention the dragon club is in all sorts.

coolumsharkie

Referee
So who is going to replace DFafita, we are left very short on props now which is not what we need halfway through. I've heard Vaughan from mucas or NBrown from Souths, cb4 mentioned a Kiwi player. Surely we wouldnt release DFif without having another plaer to replace him?

SharkShocked

Bench
If we are releasing D Fifita.... are we replacing him with anyone before June 30?

I'm not so sure if it's wise to lose a depth player in a position we are already low in stock on.

EDIT - thanks coolumn, that's what i get for leaving the page un refreshed for a few minutes to answer a call at work :p

Maccas4177

Juniors
I wonder what Steve Price thinks of the dragons? Does he still have a soft spot for them?
I'm sure the coaching staff will let Bird know that the Sharks are the best option for him.

MilkShark

First Grade
I wonder what Steve Price thinks of the dragons? Does he still have a soft spot for them?
I'm sure the coaching staff will let Bird know that the Sharks are the best option for him.

In the general scheme of things, Sharks as a club are far better placed for a bright future than the Dragons.

Not sure why anyone would want to go to the Dragons if they can be part of the Sharks instead.

Latest posts