What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkman

Juniors
Wouldn't have throwing big bucks at Reynolds have been the exact same mistake Parra did for Sandow?

He's had his fair share of significant injuries over the last few years as well.

If for one think we dodged a bullet.

And if we're seriously looking at Maloney, who I don't care for, I hope we dodge that as well.

webShark

Wouldn't have throwing big bucks at Reynolds have been the exact same mistake Parra did for Sandow?

He's had his fair share of significant injuries over the last few years as well.

If for one think we dodged a bullet.

And if we're seriously looking at Maloney, who I don't care for, I hope we dodge that as well.

Don't want Maloney but differ on the others. Would think Sandow (especially) or Reynolds would make us a lot more dangerous.

Weaponhead

Coach
Maloney is not an upgrade.

I'd be happy if we don't make a play for him.

Agree. Maloney is not we need. He is an opportunistic hole runner and support player. Barba covers that role for us. We need a half that can run the team, with a sharp passing and kicking game.

Cherry Evans is the standout but it all depends on balancing the cap to balance the team. One superstar half does not guarantee a comp but it would bring our team a lot closer to contending.

Last edited:

carinashark

First Grade
We should be looking at the coach not the half back. We don't need to go back to the Kimmorly era. What we should be looking at QLD kids.

Special K

Coach
Maloney would be a great buy. He is 10 times the player Robson is and could provide direction for Barba and the team.

Sharkman

Juniors
Sure, he's an upgrade on Robson no question.

But he's also a pretty certain candidate to be over valued by teams like us and then over payed.

He was down on form last year and is a lock to produce a "return to form" season as he's playing for his next contract, leading to him being over valued in general.

He'll also be 30 starting the 2016 season.

At what price do you think he's a good signing ?

Sharknado

Juniors
I'm just your average armchair coach but I cant see the value in DCE. Yes he is a good player but after hearing the rumors last year I watched him on & off the ball during games & I just dont see it, especially with the amounts of $$$ thrown around which probably arent even close.

Had a good talk with a mad Manly supporter yesterday & his biggest fear is losing Foran, he couldnt care less about DCE.

I still cant go past a traditional looking & playing no 7. Still young & most probably come cheap... Sandow. IF he has learnt his lesson from his fall from grace. The number of times he has ripped us a new one. I also watched last years 9's tournament & Sandow was truly in his element.

But as I said, I'm no expert, just wanted to throw my 20c in.

carcharias

Immortal
Difference between Sandow and DCE is
Sandow is a classic gifted freak poser a brain snap away from oblivion .
DCE is a pro who at his worst is better than just about any other halfback we could sign.

Craigshark

First Grade
Sandow is way too inconsistent. We have Barba who can pull of freak plays. We need Cherry Evans for his cool head and ability to single handedly win his team a football game even when they aren't going well. We don't need Sandow.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Sandow is way too inconsistent. We have Barba who can pull of freak plays. We need Cherry Evans for his cool head and ability to single handedly win his team a football game even when they aren't going well. We don't need Sandow.

Agree 100%

sandow is a ticking time bomb imo.

DCE is 10x better.

chewsta

First Grade
I agree, Sandow is a ticking time bomb but he has also won plenty of games on his own. The merkin is a good scheming little halfback.

If we were to be unsuccessful getting DCE then id be happy to have Sandow. f**k we would be playing some unpredictable free flowing footy thats for sure.
I cant wait to see the end of the boring Noddy ball we play.

southland

Juniors
DCE is the obvious prize for us, for most teams really... Talent and a pro attitude. Had his head firmly attached by all account will be the next long term Australian halfback after Cronk.

Gotta say after not being too enthusiastic about signing Ennis, he is shaping up as a huge player for us for this year. We need the mega cultural and attitude shift he will bring as hooker....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts