What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcharias

Immortal
Hours & hours of self pant-hurt, packed into one eloquent, informative, glossy mag.

Growing up my best mates old man had a newspaper truck and used to deliver all the papers and mags to Canberra.

We got the overflow .
Black label was always a hit.

ghoti

Bench
Watching DCE run around the nines made me not want him, which sounds stupid, but I just don't reckon he's a great fit for the hardworking vibe we gave off over the weekend. Hodkinson would be a much better fit imo, but that just might be my manly hatred shining through..

Especially with a 1.3 mil asking price, I'd rather save 600k to spread around the squad quality and depth..

Weaponhead

Coach
Watching DCE run around the nines made me not want him, which sounds stupid, but I just don't reckon he's a great fit for the hardworking vibe we gave off over the weekend. Hodkinson would be a much better fit imo, but that just might be my manly hatred shining through..

Especially with a 1.3 mil asking price, I'd rather save 600k to spread around the squad quality and depth..

1.3 mil makes it a tough call. It really is all eggs in one basket stuff. No doubt we need a much better half but is it worth sacrificing quality in other areas?

Quigs

Immortal
1.3 mil makes it a tough call. It really is all eggs in one basket stuff. No doubt we need a much better half but is it worth sacrificing quality in other areas?

Do what all the other Big Boy clubs have been doing for years. Just rort the bloody system.

Simple solution.

Check out DCE family tree and make an offer that they can't refuse.

Click2000

Juniors
We also have to keep our powder dry for these young guys i.e. Holmes, Bird etc who will be looking for contract upgrades over the next couple of years!

Put all your eggs in the DCE basket, he gets injured - Holmes and co become super stars and we don't have the money to hold off the Manlys and Roosters who will be trying to poach them!!

I reckon it can cause some disharmony with teams having blokes on contracts that high..... Would love to have him but not for 1.3 million !

island pro

Juniors
I don't want him at that price either to be honest. He is very good, but not worth ripping the team apart over. Brisbane won with Shane Perry... i'm hanging on to that.

island pro

Juniors
That said, if he showed up i'd be glad he was in our colours, regardless of price... I don't even know what I think.

We also have to keep our powder dry for these young guys i.e. Holmes, Bird etc who will be looking for contract upgrades over the next couple of years!

Put all your eggs in the DCE basket, he gets injured - Holmes and co become super stars and we don't have the money to hold off the Manlys and Roosters who will be trying to poach them!!

I reckon it can cause some disharmony with teams having blokes on contracts that high..... Would love to have him but not for 1.3 million !

I can recall reading that DCE and his salary was one of the reasons for the disharmony in the ranks of the Sea Gulls. The fact that players like Watmough and Glenn Stewart had settled for less money to keep the team together, rankled others like Brett Stewart and Steve Matai. It seems that DCE is not a team player, is out to screw for as much dosh as he can manage.

I note also today that Ken Arthurson has been called in by the Sea Grubs board to see what can be done to keep Foran and two dads.

Bugger him, let someone else have the problems.

ghoti

Bench
I agree Lens...we'd ve mad not to make a play at him I guess, but the team unity will hopefully prevail. Remember gorman mentioning knocking back a superstar at the wanderers due to retaining the work based ethic and image. I reckon he might give similar advice to the recruitment efforts

southland

Juniors
Aden Sezer anyone...?

Offer DCE what we can afford (which is a shit ton but not as much as the tits) if he wants to stay in Sydney and play with a hot young team he'll do it.

Matching that offer is all in and likely to say goodbye to others we would otherwise be able to keep.

shaggs

Coach
Aden Sezer anyone...?

Offer DCE what we can afford (which is a shit ton but not as much as the tits) if he wants to stay in Sydney and play with a hot young team he'll do it.

Matching that offer is all in and likely to say goodbye to others we would otherwise be able to keep.

No thanks. Has he played more than 15 games in a season yet?? And what has he actually ever done that makes him worth chasing??

Stick with nu and let the young kids come through.

Sharknado

Juniors
Cant see the value in spending huge amounts on one player. A simple jink one way or a minor collision at training & you have 1 Mill sitting in the stands. From what I have seen he is a cog in a team of champions nothing more. I would rather see the club upgrade OUR potential superstars & look to use the money to snare other young players who are stuck behind the likes of DCE who COULD potentially surpass him.

chewsta

First Grade
From what I have seen he is a cog in a team of champions nothing more. I would rather see the club upgrade OUR potential superstars & look to use the money to snare other young players who are stuck behind the likes of DCE who COULD potentially surpass him.

He is a vital cog though, something we dont have and he could be the missing cog that turns US into a team of champions.

Sticking with youngsters is all well and good in theory, but we might have to invest 2 or 3 years into them before they reach that potential. Potential they also may never reach. That 2 or 3 years will also cost us financially what we could invest now into DCE who is first class already with his whole career still in front of him. As Gregos said, if we can get him, then we should get him.

For what its worth from a supporters point of view, Im sick of waiting and watching boring f**king Noddy Ball, I want results and attacking footy now!

carcharias

Immortal
Who remembers that game against Manly at shark park a few years ago where they won right on the bell?
A night game...maybe a Monday night.

last play of the game.

ghoti

Bench
Was that from the Jamie Lyon chip and chase? Was standing right in front of it when it happened with my manly supporter mate (I know I know)..killed me

Status
Not open for further replies.