What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigs

Immortal
Saw Flanno at the RMYC enjoying a few cold ones with some people this arvo. I hope he wasn't signing them up - they were about 60!...... So he probably was then....

It wasn't me .... I'm still in The Park.

But if Phlennough needs me, I'm there.

cb4

First Grade
We have offered DCE more than Manly can compete with. Another Sydney team has come in but if he moves to a Sydney club it will be us.
His manager wants him to stay but Manly's ageing squad is a concern to DCE.
He is keen to play with Barba and a year with Gal.
DCE was/is keen on GC but there financial instability is a concern.

Taumololo is a target but Flanno prefers Merrin. Both are asking for near 800k. Im hearing that Merrin is very interested in joining us but is a bit uncomfortable about joining the immediate rivals.
Merrin to Penrith is an option as well.

Flanno is also working overtime to mend his relationship with Peachey, although that doesn't mean he is coming back.

SKD remains a target, but Flanno will wait on the form of Ayshford. Ayshford was his original centre signing and he is keen to reward him for a big off season.

Jack Bird has all but locked up a bench spot.

See you guys next week.

coolumsharkie

Referee
We have offered DCE more than Manly can compete with. Another Sydney team has come in but if he moves to a Sydney club it will be us.

Taumololo is a target but Flanno prefers Merrin. Both are asking for near 800k. Im hearing that Merrin is very interested in joining us but is a bit uncomfortable about joining the immediate rivals.

Flanno is also working overtime to mend his relationship with Peachey, although that doesn't mean he is coming back.

SKD remains a target, but Flanno will wait on the form of Ayshford. Ayshford was his original centre signing and he is keen to reward him for a big off season.

See you guys next week.

Give me strength :roll:

Thanks for the HU CB4

glenmoresharkie

First Grade

See you guys next week.

Thanks for that mate. I really hope Ayshford comes good, I knew he had it in him.

I'm keen to have DCE, get him over the good side of the bridge FFS.

Bring Peach back.

Future is looking up.

azzah72

Bench

See you guys next week.

Nice, all good.

I think if Flanno is mending with peach, then the other threads rumour might have some merit but I personally think it would be the wrong move for peachy taking away my sharks bias, he has made a lot of good personal steps away from the shire, that said, I would be happy if he came back also.

Merrin is a strong player, I'd take him but would prefer JT. If it means Sally Fitzgibbon might pop up at a few games, that's a plus just for eye candy purposes.

I would actually prefer we didn't sign SKD, I don't know what it is about him but I just don't feel like we need him.

The Ayshford stuff is a wait and see, he could just surprise everyone, he was pretty good in the 9's.

Then there's DCE, I think he would be great even if I prefer Foran but i see him and Barba being a great pairing. If we pull that off, Flanno will be cemented as a bit of a recruitment genius.

Nice to hear Bird is impressing, we have a great future with bird, holmes, gagan, feki, leutele & murphy

ghoti

Bench
Interesting how highly Flanno rates Ayshford. I was keen on his signing when it was first announced based off his 2012 form, but man he was bad. To be fair, he was well out of shape and probably as unmotivated as the rest of the squad under the revolving chair coaching shitfight. And obviously, he was really great in the nines.

I honestly don't care who our centres are as long as we're winning. Ayshford would be close to my last choice to start, but if he comes food and starts scoring regularly and defending well then I don't care a shit (and hope the forum feels the same way.)

Good news that Flanno rates Merrin over Taumololo...not as damaging, but a much better forward overall IMO. Promising re DCE too, but there's a lot of cash wrapped up in those two guys.

Wonder how long we're looking at for DCE announcing his decision...it's dragging

chewsta

First Grade
Nice work CB. I have been wondering where you have been lately actually.
Will any of these potential signings be at the expense of Lewy?

See you guys next week.

his manager is still Gavin Orr isn't it?
He hasn't liked to deal with us a lot since the great Karl McNichol debacle.

bluefox1968

Juniors
we have offered dce more than manly can compete with. Another sydney team has come in but if he moves to a sydney club it will be us.
His manager wants him to stay but manly's ageing squad is a concern to dce.
He is keen to play with barba and a year with gal.
Dce was/is keen on gc but there financial instability is a concern.

Taumololo is a target but flanno prefers merrin. Both are asking for near 800k. Im hearing that merrin is very interested in joining us but is a bit uncomfortable about joining the immediate rivals.
Merrin to penrith is an option as well.

Flanno is also working overtime to mend his relationship with peachey, although that doesn't mean he is coming back.

Skd remains a target, but flanno will wait on the form of ayshford. Ayshford was his original centre signing and he is keen to reward him for a big off season.

Jack bird has all but locked up a bench spot.

See you guys next week.

awesome!

Click2000

Juniors
With Gagan, Feki, Beale, Brown, Holmes, Loots, Ashford and Bird all pushing for outside back spots do we really need SKD !!!

chewsta

First Grade
My thoughts exactly Click. I cant believe I am finally saying this, but we actually look pretty good for backs now.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
For me its a Yes to Peach and Taulmololo and a Hell No to SKD and Merrin. Still think we're dreaming with DCE but would take him in a heart beat!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
With Gagan, Feki, Beale, Brown, Holmes, Loots, Ashford and Bird all pushing for outside back spots do we really need SKD !!!

Bang on sir.

SKD can go elsewhere. We need to hang on to these kids coming through with the potential money spent on him eg Tuilagi and Yorston

southland

Juniors
Take Taumololo over Merrin. Just a way more exciting player to watch! Love to have him and DCE on the same team.

Gals swan song year... Heres hoping he gets what he deserves for putting his body on the line for a decade or so....

Exciting insights Cb4 re Bird. Be awesome to see him as the .14. Any chance if we do not see Holmes in the run on side he could become the .14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts