What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Shark

Immortal
Norman goes alright, but don't reckon he'd be much of a halback...certainly won't complement Barba very well.

Target Hodkinson and give him close to DCE's offer. Will struggle to win it with whatever else we've got in the ranks. If he doesn't bite, I'd go for Sandow over Maloney as an out and out half, then have a crack at Cornish (Ricky will pay him overs to stay though) and if the pool is compeltely empty, try to get Townsend back.

Not much out there really when you consider the likelihood of people leaving

Bit depressing really after thinking we may finally have a top 3 halfback.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Reynolds was the one I was hoping for, but don't think he was even shopped around.

Hodgkinson would be ok, but I'd probably prefer Sandow to be honest. Big no thanks to Maloney (think he's past his best and is not a halfback anyway) and Norman. Neither would help Barba IMO.

DCE is the pick, but looks like he's goooorn.

Craigshark

First Grade
Yeah well I would have all been for an upgrade earlier, but have we had a chance to replace him really with anyone better until now?

txta2

First Grade
considering the 20s halves seem a few years off NRL ready, keeping robson is a good top 30 option.. IF his role is to stay on to mentor the young halves, play in nsw cup as a hooker/half most of the year and come up to firsts to cover (potential) DCE/Hodkinson around origin time, or Ennis if he goes down injured, etc

will be a bit annoyed if he takes the bench hooking role off brown though

See this is what's wrong with the club. Why the f**k cant we develop a half? Poor coaching staff? Limited skills in juniors? We haven't produced a good local half since Barry Russell.
Yet Manly can pull them out of their arse. The club should really be looking at these young guys. They have to start stepping up.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Yeah well I would have all been for an upgrade earlier, but have we had a chance to replace him really with anyone better until now?

Im not saying he is a superstar but we did have Chad come through the system that probably didn't get the best crack at first grade like many think he did. He only ever played when TC was either injured or in Origin. Having two halves(robbo and chad) that play a similar game was a rookie error by Flanno. You only have to look at how Chad and Shaun Johnson play. Two opposites that complete each other

Panda Power 78

Juniors
See this is what's wrong with the club. Why the f**k cant we develop a half? Poor coaching staff? Limited skills in juniors? We haven't produced a good local half since Barry Russell.
Yet Manly can pull them out of their arse. The club should really be looking at these young guys. They have to start stepping up.

Adam Dykes , Mitch Healey.

Adam Dykes , Mitch Healey.

Our halves this weekend in the 20's

5/8 Jaden Clarke, is 20 this year so last chance this level, he trained with NRL squad in summer we did same thing with Holmes last season

h/b Connor Tracey still 19 so have another season at 20's next year if needed, was 2014 sharks junior rep, played 2nd half season in 20's last year, and is a local junior.

I hate Manly as much as the next bloke but what a terrible way to start the year.

It's ridiculous situation, he may as well go now.

What do we do now, if we feel he is not coming to club do we withdraw offer, that way DCE would get caught trying to milk each club, and then Titans could lower offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts