What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharknado

Juniors
Just putting this out there.

I feel like the signing of BB was a mistake by the club.

I felt it when it was announced and for everything I have seen since it has only been reinforced.

Am I Robinson Crusoe on this one?

It was a knee jerk reaction that I feel the club had to make after Toddy, there was no one else & the signing was purely on reputation not on current form.
Was it a mistake?? Yes & no. Without him who do we have & at the time who was on offer?
In attack we are one man down.

Ads

First Grade
Im not writing him off yet. The whole teams been shit and his style of footy isnt suited to what we have dished out. Get him at fullback and then we can judge him.

Elgey & Sezer both off contract, we should be chasing Elgey first he is 21, and if not Sezer again only 23.

The titans will struggle to keep both with DCE going there.

We want a team going forward not another stop gap player

Avenger

Immortal
We need outside backs/fullback you need halves. We give you Sandow, we take Holmes. Deal?

Ads

First Grade
I feel like whatever we do we must not go into next season with Robson at the club. Absolute handbrake that epitomises Flanno's game plan.

webShark

we would need five sandows, holmes will be better than hayne ;)

The forum rate Bird and Holmes so highly we probably don't need anyone. I have seen Holmes many times live and am dubious he will be as good as Hayne. For one thing, he will never be as strong. Comparing a player who couldn't make the Sharks team in Round 1 to a Dally M, rep player at all levels is a big call. Many times in the 20s , Holmes looked poor in defence and disinterested when the team were behind.

When Holmes is even as proven as Sandow as a matchwinner, we can reopen this debate.

chewsta

First Grade
Sandow is one ugly annoying little bastard but man that f**ker is entertaining to watch!
He always looks like he is having fun out there. Something we havnt seen since Peach.

i would love the bloke at the sharks.

cb4

First Grade
Hodkinson is nothing like Robson. The only thing they have in common is they are both organising 7 and slow. Hodkinson has a world class kicking game behind probably only Reynolds. Robson has a deplorable kicking game. 30m kick down field, mid field f**king bomb(with gordon chasing like a fool and not getting close) are all Robbo has.

If we can land Hodkinson you do it. The issue though is a spine of Ennis, Barba, Hodkinson wasn't good enough in 2012 why would it be in 2016?

Hodkinson was injured, Keating was the halfback.

ghoti

Bench
Beyond that fa tual error even, in 2012 they made a grand final...that's hardly 'not good enough.' I would kill a man for a chance to 'only' make the grand final

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Brown/Sandow
Brown/Maloney
Brown/Hodkinson
Brown/Seizer
Brown/A Kelly
Brown/Carney
Brown/Elgely

So these could potentially be the possible outcomes for next year.

What's the bet none of those happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.