What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Shark

Immortal
Gordon doesn't have to be picked if he's not performing.

I realise he's on a lot of $ but it's not wasting it if he's holding back someone who could win us games & attract us sponsors & fans through the gate.

I'm just drawing the parallels because of how much flak Robbo gets.

I don't think Hodkinson will work outside of structure which is what everyone here seems to be crying for.

For the record, id take hodkinson. What else out there is available? Welcome to the sharks.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I'm just drawing the parallels because of how much flak Robbo gets.

I don't think Hodkinson will work outside of structure which is what everyone here seems to be crying for.

For the record, id take hodkinson. What else out there is available? Welcome to the sharks.

Maloney would be the only other decent avaliable half for next season.

Out of Hodkinson and Maloney I'd be leaning towards the latter

Surely

Post Whore
I'd be looking elsewhere sign a couple of young guns for the same money as an older middle of the road one

island pro

Juniors
Gordon doesn't have to be picked if he's not performing.

I realise he's on a lot of $ but it's not wasting it if he's holding back someone who could win us games & attract us sponsors & fans through the gate.

Gordon is performing, just not as a modern day fullback. On the wing he will be a weapon once more (as long as his attitude is okay after the shift). He is good under the high ball, fast enough and a good defender. I think it will be only a few short weeks before we wouldn't trade him for anyone else on the wing.

All of this assumes that Flanno keeps him there for a while instead of moving him back to FB.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I'd be looking elsewhere sign a couple of young guns for the same money as an older middle of the road one

Same. What's another year or so of pain while we wait for the young guns to develop? Better long term option than paying overs for an ageing 'middle of the road' half. Spend the money on developing the young guys with proper halves coaches.

Card Shark

Immortal
Same. What's another year or so of pain while we wait for the young guns to develop? Better long term option than paying overs for an ageing 'middle of the road' half. Spend the money on developing the young guys with proper halves coaches.

We don't have quskity coaches but I'd be happy if we brought 2 young gun halves instead of hodkinson.

Card Shark

Immortal
Sandow is available, but we wont go for 2 erratic halves.

Sandow wouldn't go well in our low confidence club.

We need a player that won't get too down with a few losses & take the team to victory.

Having said that, he's a lot better than he used to be.

webShark

Sandow wouldn't go well in our low confidence club.

We need a player that won't get too down with a few losses & take the team to victory.

Having said that, he's a lot better than he used to be.

Parra would be stupid to let a match winner leave. They look to have a good potential pairing in Sandow and Foran. Norman exceeding my expectations but Sandow can win games on his own. Probably not a good fit for us or him. Flanno would attempt to turn him into Robbo or play him with Robbo. He is one player I look forward to watching on TV

The way Barba has played don't we need two halves not one? Could we afford Hodkinson and Maloney? Don't suppose both would want to ruin their career. Hodkinson must be a possible. See him in Cronulla as often as most Sharks players. But based on that we should have J Morris and James Graham.

We probably pay overs for Hodkinson and Sandow goes to the Dogs with a monster pack , teams with Reynolds and kills it.

Special K

Coach
Hodkinson is nothing like Robson. The only thing they have in common is they are both organising 7 and slow. Hodkinson has a world class kicking game behind probably only Reynolds. Robson has a deplorable kicking game. 30m kick down field, mid field f**king bomb(with gordon chasing like a fool and not getting close) are all Robbo has.

If we can land Hodkinson you do it. The issue though is a spine of Ennis, Barba, Hodkinson wasn't good enough in 2012 why would it be in 2016?

With the 7 issue we are truly f**ked until we work out the 6. Barba playing 6 was effectively us playing with 12 men. Holmes is a better 1 than Barba. This won't end well.

Born BB&W

Juniors
Just putting this out there.

I feel like the signing of BB was a mistake by the club.

I felt it when it was announced and for everything I have seen since it has only been reinforced.

Am I Robinson Crusoe on this one?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Just putting this out there.

I feel like the signing of BB was a mistake by the club.

I felt it when it was announced and for everything I have seen since it has only been reinforced.

Am I Robinson Crusoe on this one?

No although I was happy just to have a name player at the start, I've flipped and realised he is poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.