What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Coach
I'd get Tyrone Roberts to break his contract. Kicking game is great, runs the ball and sorts his side out around the park.

While up the freeway I'd get Mamo out of NSW cup and into our FG team also.

Holmes/Mamo/Beale/Feki/Gagan/Barba/Roberts has points in it. Bird in the backrow. Ideally I'd boot Barba for Carney but that won't happen.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Mamo is a weapon!

I just don't see him wanting to play on the wing for much longer. I think he will make a very good fullback in the same mould as Tedesco. But I know what u mean he is wasted in reggies

Madsharkie

First Grade
Brown/Sandow
Brown/Maloney
Brown/Hodkinson
Brown/Seizer
Brown/A Kelly
Brown/Carney
Brown/Elgely

So these could potentially be the possible outcomes for next year.

What's the bet none of those happen?

Brown is seen as a long-term hooker solution I think Snoop.

Card Shark

Immortal
I do think Barba would be much better at fullback but with Holmes now there, let him stay there & develop.

Same goes for Barba, let him stay at 6 & develop. We need our forwards eating up the metres & playing the ball quickly to give him a bit of time / space.

Card Shark

Immortal
Thanks for the intel CB4, I like the look of that backline, just wish Feki would get a shot in the centres though.

Interestingly Eels' John Folau, younger Brother of Israel, has played 2 games on the wing after his debut a couple of weeks back. He's impressed coach Arthur, so he is slotted into the centres for his 3rd game, as apparentky that is his preferred position.

Feki has really impressed over the last year or 2, playing wing even though his background is centre....but Supercoach won't try him there.

I'm a fan of Leutele but let's face it, he's had plenty of games & has only even done 1 memorable thing, bit like Gardner. Time for him to make way for Feki, so he can make way for Gagan. When Barba is back next week, I'd go:

1. Holmes
2. Gagan
3. Feki
4. Bird (although Flanno won't drop his ace signing, Beale).
5. Gordon
6. Barba
7. Robson

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Interestingly Eels' John Folau, younger Brother of Israel, has played 2 games on the wing after his debut a couple of weeks back. He's impressed coach Arthur, so he is slotted into the centres for his 3rd game, as apparentky that is his preferred position.

Feki has really impressed over the last year or 2, playing wing even though his background is centre....but Supercoach won't try him there.

I'm a fan of Leutele but let's face it, he's had plenty of games & has only even done 1 memorable thing, bit like Gardner. Time for him to make way for Feki, so he can make way for Gagan. When Barba is back next week, I'd go:

1. Holmes
2. Gagan
3. Feki
5. Gordon
6. Barba
7. Robson

Agree with this backline Cardy.... Plenty of points in them if the forwards get the job done and Gal stays the faarrkk out of their way. Unfortunately I too think Beale is regarded as the sacred cow by Flanno.... Maybe he joined the mile-high club on that first class flight over to the nines with Flanno

Last edited:
Agree with this backline Cardy.... Plenty of points in them if the forwards get the job done and Gal stays the faarrkk out of their way. Unfortunately I too think Beale is regarded as the sacred cow by Flanno.... Maybe he joined the mile-high club on that first class flight over to the nines with Flanno

Flanno's sacred cow or Price's??

southland

Juniors
1. Holmes
2. Gagan
3. Feki
5. Gordon
6. Barba
7. Robson

Agree on this backline as well. The forwards pretty much speak for themselves although I don't quite get Prior and Heighno as starting props this week?

If Barba settles at 6 then it's time to get Murphy in. His kicking game alone makes it worth shot. Perfect chance to try Murphy with Robson last two weeks but the trowel master prefers to use 2nd rowers to grout the gaps rather than an up and coming half or 5/8.

Sharkbite

Juniors
Would love to see that backline given a go. Would even be happy to give Murphy a shot at the 7. Our future is not with Robbo in the 7. I think he is better suited to hooker - defends well, good pass out of dummy half - just too slow for halfback ! While we are at it , can we have the balls to move Gal to prop.

Avenger

Immortal

Folau is only playing centre because Takairangi, Champion and Toutai are all out injured. It is only out of necessity. There was temptation to blood Folau earlier but Arthur has been careful with his development and it seems to be paying dividends.

No reason why Feki cannot keep playing on the wing.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/?cmp=twitter

That will do me we want to keep Robson from going to Dragons, and want to recruit Townsend over Elgey, Townsend is a younger version of Robson.

Elgey will play more rep games then Townsend in his career

Tackle 5: TOWNSEND SET FOR HOMECOMING

The Sharks have dropped their hunt for Trent Hodkinson and now look set to welcome local junior Chad Townsend back to the Shire. We’ve heard a $350,000-a-season deal has been tabled for Townsend, who has made every post a winner in Auckland since leaving the Sharks in 2013. The Warriors want Townsend to stay, but his wife is keen to return to Sydney for family reasons. The Sharks are also determined to keep current No. 7 Jeff Robson from the Dragons, believing the veteran can share the hooking duties with Mick Ennis next season.

AAP: Is Townsend worth a $350,000-a-season deal?
Still on halfbacks, Manly is hotting up its chase for Titans prodigy Kane Elgey. The teenager was booked to visit Sea Eagles HQ last weekend, but had to cancel on account of making his first grade debut. The Eels, meanwhile, have made a two-year offer to Chris Sandow worth around $800,000 – marginally less than what they’re prepared to pay Will Hopoate. We’re expecting both will commit to the blue and gold.

Card Shark

Immortal
Not for another 3 years, he's recently resigned with the Panthers.

The big question is, when are we getting Simmo back?

Him or elgey with Townsend.

Good young combos for the next few years.

Half stocks next year if we could get them:

Sezer/Elgey
Townsend
F.Brown
Barba
Murphy
Robson

We have Bird as well, and in Jets we now playing Wells at 5/8, we need to find a good young combo for next couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts