What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I have no faith in Townsend, he is 3rd string option at Warriors in attack, he reminds slight improvement on Robson, but is basically Robbo clone.

Maloney & Hastings we should be chasing

There is no way in hell Uncle nick will let them both go.

It's either one or the other and you don't have to be Einsten to work out Jacko has the upper hand at the chooks

Ads

First Grade
I have no faith in Townsend, he is 3rd string option at Warriors in attack, he reminds slight improvement on Robson, but is basically Robbo clone.

Maloney & Hastings we should be chasing

Dont agree Townsend is a Robbo clone. Hits his outside backs very well. Plays an organising role well at the warriors but there is much more to him than Robbo.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Chad Townsend:

Total runs 100
Metres 882
Try assists 10
Line breaks 6

Myth Robson:

Total Runs 44
Metres 259
Try assists 3
Line breaks 1

I don't see a clone

ghoti

Bench
Chad Townsend:

Total runs 100
Metres 882
Try assists 10
Line breaks 6

Myth Robson:

Total Runs 44
Metres 259
Try assists 3
Line breaks 1

I don't see a clone

Even when Townsend is playing underwhelming or average or even poorly at the Warriors, he distributes the ball better than Robbo. Our centres would have pants full of gism just imagining what receiving a Townsend pass would do their for their running games... Beale especially

cb4

First Grade
Sandow has been very good lately.

But some nuffies on here would rather Robson.

webShark

Some would prefer neither

Not me. Unabashed Sandow fan. Can win you a match. Just hope you can get him to fire when needed. I am concerned Flanno would stifle him further as opposed to giving him licence to play. Would be affordable too, with few takers. By luck or good judgement,CT might be a good foil for him.

Alexander was trying his best to run down Sandow last night. But he kept coming up with plays. And yes, errors.

But when Corey Norman throws a shocker and I thought gave Storm the match, he says little and tries to drag Ssndow into it.

These steady players have errors in them too. Select steady, you have Wade at 6 and see what happens.

Sandow may fit the dogs if we get Hodkinson!

Frenzy.

Immortal
G Tallis said something about halfbacks last night. It made sense. The panel was speaking about Sandow and how he was going well and seemingly playing his natural game. Looking at whats in front of him and playing the opportunity rather than the structure. He mentioned how Langer was in the same mould and how coaches would never try and change what he did. Gordie gave his opinion that your half is your best player and you make the game plan around the half, not make the half fit in to a structure.

As Robbo has become so limited I reckon that's what Pissflap has done. Made a boring, simple game plan that makes the whole side fit around Robbo's limitations.

Every potential new half mentioned in here is an upgrade on Robson except young Tracey who simply isn't ready. The team needs one of them. Orange CYMS needs Robbo.

dellul

Juniors
We shouldn't forget brown, he could be a quality half for us for a long time. He was a good at directing play in the 20's and should step up in first grade.
Sandow would definitely be worth the gamble if we didn't have barba , but since we do getting Sandow would be too much of the salary cap for that type of player (unless he plays for half the price or if barba leaves).
I'm just hoping Robson can step his game up for the remainder of the year, and next year with brown in the halfs we'll be in a better position to work out where to spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts