What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Iamback

Coach
No, I don’t see this being cancelled. The government has already upset the NRL too much, plus the importance of the Penrith electorate. I’m very confident it happens, just a matter of which site.

Labor don't want it, Likely gets delayed with back and forth until they win. Then it is scrapped well in the form of a new Stadium

Which concerts?

Why would they play in Penrith not Parra?

They're on the same train line and as far as I'm aware the new one is going to St Mary's so no direct transport from the new suburbs being built.

Just spitballing here, but there might be an opportunity for Penrith stadium to host some country music concerts due to its proximity to the central west. If the stadium is a little smaller than Parra it might also attract concerts that aren’t confident of selling out larger venues?

Given the lack of support on such funding by Labor. I see it as the 1st step to scrapping it

Well that’s not what you said. You said they don’t want it, that’s not the same as refusing to back it.

There’s plenty of time to lock this in if the club is smart. I’d immediately abandon the paceway plans and shift focus to the current stadium site. There’s over 7 months before the next election, that’s plenty of time to bring in the bulldozers and sign the contracts. Once that’s done it will be very hard to undo no matter the election outcome.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I was talking to a mate at work the other day and he has a friend that works for one of the construction companies. He said they have already put in a proposals for the new stadium. One of which included a full roof. This is to be built on the paceway site.

WestyLife

First Grade
I was talking to a mate at work the other day and he has a friend that works for one of the construction companies. He said they have already put in a proposals for the new stadium. One of which included a full roof. This is to be built on the paceway site.

That'd be cool.

Iamback

Coach
Well that’s not what you said. You said they don’t want it, that’s not the same as refusing to back it.

There’s plenty of time to lock this in if the club is smart. I’d immediately abandon the paceway plans and shift focus to the current stadium site. There’s over 7 months before the next election, that’s plenty of time to bring in the bulldozers and sign the contracts. Once that’s done it will be very hard to undo no matter the election outcome.

Where have they said if elected they will stick to the stadiums as promised? If they did the GF would be already signed off because there wouldn't be an issue.

Not much you can do at the current site though, You can have a 3rd sided stadium. So that is why they want to wait. Given the Paceway is getting sold regardless

Iamback

Coach

Yeah it is a while along the process, Just Paceway wanting extra cash

forby

Juniors
The Paceway won't be rezoned for residential which is what they want to increase the price. The rezoning has been rejected several times already.
They are crying they are being hard done by, but the compulsory acquisition is at current market values.

WestyLife

First Grade
There are a lot of people against it. Really seems like the only ones that do is a minority of Panthers fans and the club itself.

Kilkenny

Coach
There are a lot of people against it. Really seems like the only ones that do is a minority of Panthers fans and the club itself.
I don’t believe that to be true.

I think the Chamber of Commerce, City Council and wider community fully support a new stadium. Why wouldn’t they, it will be a massive infrastructure project which will serve the district well for future generations.

Integrating with the new airport, new housing precincts which will link Penrith all the way to Oran Park.

Whether it goes ahead now, or in a few years time, it is a project that simply has to be built.

It will be cost neutral assuming they built a complex which can be utilised by the wider community 365 days a year and that is the key. Not just a stadium, but a community precinct offering retail, commercial amd parkland opportunities.

Iamback

Coach

Because it has been poorly sold to the public.

Should never of been sold as a home ground of us
Hell not even a Penrith stadium, It is an entertainment and sport complex for the outer west

WestyLife

First Grade
Because it has been poorly sold to the public.

Should never of been sold as a home ground of us
Hell not even a Penrith stadium, It is an entertainment and sport complex for the outer west

Well then they should say that. It'd come across a little better.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t believe that to be true.

I think the Chamber of Commerce, City Council and wider community fully support a new stadium. Why wouldn’t they, it will be a massive infrastructure project which will serve the district well for future generations.

Integrating with the new airport, new housing precincts which will link Penrith all the way to Oran Park.

Whether it goes ahead now, or in a few years time, it is a project that simply has to be built.

It will be cost neutral assuming they built a complex which can be utilised by the wider community 365 days a year and that is the key. Not just a stadium, but a community precinct offering retail, commercial amd parkland opportunities.

The plan looks good, personally I would to not have to go to the city for concerts.

The eateries there and parklands would be just as packed as the ones surrounding the River does

Iamback

Coach
All the media I've seen talks about the stadium for football so it's not the public's fault.

When it was announced, The survey all mentioned it being a community hub.

PVL mates in the media are pushing his agenda.

If Shark Park was still getting funded would Buzz suddenly be against Penrith getting a new Stadium?

WestyLife

First Grade
When it was announced, The survey all mentioned it being a community hub.

PVL mates in the media are pushing his agenda.

If Shark Park was still getting funded would Buzz suddenly be against Penrith getting a new Stadium?

Yes he absolutely hates the club.