What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
7 News backing up what the Weekender said earlier today. Ayres’ inspiration for the Paceway stadium is the TQL stadium in Cincy. 26,000 seats, largely two tier like commbank except for one end that is single tier standing.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Danny weidler suggesting today to cut cost and get it done.the new stadium will go on the current site and the money saved go into upgrading the other grounds
Now I am hoping a total rebuild if that’s the case and not just adding new stands at either end.the reality is the paceway is playing hardball and the nsw government just does not have the money in today’s climate

Iamback

Coach
Danny weidler suggesting today to cut cost and get it done.the new stadium will go on the current site and the money saved go into upgrading the other grounds
Now I am hoping a total rebuild if that’s the case and not just adding new stands at either end.the reality is the paceway is playing hardball and the nsw government just does not have the money in today’s climate

You can't build on the hills

The Paceway will do a slow death this way, really an opportunity wasted

Murraymob1

Juniors
You can't build on the hills

The Paceway will do a slow death this way, really an opportunity wasted
The reality is to get it it’s a extra 300 million given the current climate even as a mad panther fan even I say it’s to much

Iamback

Coach
The reality is to get it it’s a extra 300 million given the current climate even as a mad panther fan even I say it’s to much

Where does the extra $300m come from though? I have only heard guys like Fitzsimmons quote that?

Has there been potential Stadium mock ups? If you can't build on either Hill then what sort of Stadium will you get on the existing site?

Murraymob1

Juniors
Where does the extra $300m come from though? I have only heard guys like Fitzsimmons quote that?

Has there been potential Stadium mock ups? If you can't build on either Hill then what sort of Stadium will you get on the existing site?
The land and cost of building will hit that at least

forby

Juniors
We now not only spend money to develop and provide players for the rest of the NRL, we now get ripped of to provide upgrades to the rest of the NRL grounds!
The article says upgrade not rebuild or new!
A wonderful reward for a Western Sydney GF - half arsed upgrade for Penrith!

forby

Juniors
It is really good politics to penalise western Sydney because they have a Western Sydney GF.
Cant have Western Sydney get ahead of the rest can we!

forby

Juniors
it is still only the one report from Weidler who has been known to be totally wrong on a regular basis. It would be a terrible political decision for either party to renege on a new stadium for Western Sydney on the grounds that a Western Sydney GF means they have to do a deal like that to keep the GF in Sydney in the future.

Kilkenny

Coach
The new airport, Oran Park and Glenmore Park will merge together in the not to far distant future the new stadium is a no brainer and it is an opportunity lost if it doesn’t get done sooner rather than later. I can fully understand the Paceway holding out for the best possible deal, but they have to be very careful because there are no guarantees the development of the site will ever be approved for 2300 high rise apartments And other commercial properties.

forby

Juniors
The rezoning has been rejected on several occasions and the Council and State Government has indicated that they will oppose any future rezoning.

soc123_au

Staff member
It is really good politics to penalise western Sydney because they have a Western Sydney GF.
Cant have Western Sydney get ahead of the rest can we!
What has the western Sydney gf got to do with any decision? I’ve seen you banging on about it across a few threads. I’m not getting the relevance.

As for the paceway, I reckon they are shooting themselves in the foot playing hardball. The re Zoning to residential will never happen. If they spend the bucks on the existing site the paceway site will end up a white elephant.

Murraymob1

Juniors
I see the biggest problem being the lack of updates this alone can create doubt.Apart from the premier passing a footy at the ground the news it may go to the paceway nothing.No start date .Untill they address this speculation with hover

forby

Juniors
The Weidler report said that due to the success of the all western Sydney GF that the NRL realised that it had to do something to ensure that the GF stays at Accor.
The purported deal was to reduce the rebuild of Penrith Stadium to an upgrade on the existing site and to spend some on upgrading other rounds like Brookvale and Cronulla, with reduced spend overall from the Government but on more grounds ensuring the GF stays in Sydney for the next 10 years.

soc123_au

Staff member
The Weidler report said that due to the success of the all western Sydney GF that the NRL realised that it had to do something to ensure that the GF stays at Accor.
The purported deal was to reduce the rebuild of Penrith Stadium to an upgrade on the existing site and to spend some on upgrading other rounds like Brookvale and Cronulla, with reduced spend overall from the Government but on more grounds ensuring the GF stays in Sydney for the next 10 years.
The NRL decides where the gf gets played. They don't need to make compromises to keep it it Accor. It would make no sense to spear the proposed stadium development in order to keep the gf at Accor. I haven't read the article you reference, but from what you have described it sounds like nonsense.

Iamback

Coach
The thing I will hate is if we get some sort of bastardised upgrade, Then the Paceway does sell or they decide - Shit all these people need a quality venue and some indoor one is built.

Will be an opportunity missed with either outcome

Latest posts