What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

The Great Dane

First Grade
heard this crap about basketball 35 years ago from the " its gunna take over " police

the same police who predicted

soccer taking over everything 70 years ago
yawnion taking over league in 1995
the drops & oopsies taking over league in 1982

NFI deluded clowns the lot of em
For thousands of years they said man would never fly as well... Strange how things have never happened until they happen.

If what I was saying was such BS it'd be easy to refute, yet all you lot do is throw around anecdotes and ad hominems, and struggle to comprehend what's even being said.

The data supports my position, if you want to put your fingers in your ears and ignore it then go ahead. That is the RL way after all.

Gobsmacked

Bench
For thousands of years they said man would never fly as well... Strange how things have never happened until they happen.

If what I was saying was such BS it'd be easy to refute, yet all you lot do is throw around anecdotes and ad hominems, and struggle to comprehend what's even being said.

The data supports my position, if you want to put your fingers in your ears and ignore it then go ahead. That is the RL way after all.
Go ahead with your data.
The vast majority of the decline was attributed to covid as it was taken during covid and Understanding the difference between choralation and causation is beyond your comprehension.
Something for you to look into on the data front then:
New Zealand has never been stronger in terms of eligible players!
New Zealand has never represented more in the NRL with quality players.
Halfback options and five eights have never been stronger. SJ and Foran are world class and in form try to displace the world cup combination of Hughes and Brown.. should we go through forward pack ?
The NRL has never had this much talent across all 17 teams now.

I'm supposed to ignore what my eyes are telling me every week over 8 games... and how's the Warriors nsw cup team going too btw ?

So I'll ignore my entire youth and the hundreds of talented footballers I watched week in week out to believe this hyperbolic notion that the NBA are going to consume all the youth available...
You are a f**king more .. on.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Go ahead with your data.
The vast majority of the decline was attributed to covid as it was taken during covid and Understanding the difference between choralation and causation is beyond your comprehension.
Something for you to look into on the data front then:
New Zealand has never been stronger in terms of eligible players!
New Zealand has never represented more in the NRL with quality players.
Halfback options and five eights have never been stronger. SJ and Foran are world class and in form try to displace the world cup combination of Hughes and Brown.. should we go through forward pack ?
The NRL has never had this much talent across all 17 teams now.

I'm supposed to ignore what my eyes are telling me every week over 8 games... and how's the Warriors nsw cup team going too btw ?

So I'll ignore my entire youth and the hundreds of talented footballers I watched week in week out to believe this hyperbolic notion that the NBA are going to consume all the youth available...
You are a f**king more .. on.

Bullshit.

"Sport New Zealand statistics show playing numbers in rugby league have declined faster than any sport in the country's biggest city during the past 10 years."

" male numbers are down by almost 2000 players, or 23 per cent."

You really don't like facts.

and "choralation"... really?

Gobsmacked

Bench
Bullshit.

"Sport New Zealand statistics show playing numbers in rugby league have declined faster than any sport in the country's biggest city during the past 10 years."

" male numbers are down by almost 2000 players, or 23 per cent."

You really don't like facts.

and "choralation"... really?
28th October 2022
When the NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS were playing in REDCLIFFE.

NZ entire NRL representation wasn't in ...NZ... lock downs.. global pandemic..

Te Kaha

First Grade
28th October 2022
When the NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS were playing in REDCLIFFE.

NZ entire NRL representation wasn't in ...NZ... lock downs.. global pandemic..

What part of ""Sport New Zealand statistics show playing numbers in rugby league have declined faster than ANY sport in the country's biggest city during the past 10 years" can't you understand?

Or do you think covid has been around for ten years?

Vibing

Juniors
What part of ""Sport New Zealand statistics show playing numbers in rugby league have declined faster than ANY sport in the country's biggest city during the past 10 years" can't you understand?

what part of ... provide data to back up the claim that TV numbers are booming in NZ don't you understand ?

Te Kaha

First Grade
what part of ... provide data to back up the claim that TV numbers are booming in NZ don't you understand ?

And right on queue, when tweedle dumb gets into trouble along comes tweedle dumber.... wonder why that is...

I don't need to provide anything, since i have already linked three articles from different journalists who state that that Super Rugby viewership in NZ has been rising year on year. That you choose not to believe it means absolutely nothing. much like your opinions.

Gobsmacked

Bench

The article describes the decline leading up to covid as " a little drip"
With a 10% decline attributed to covid.
Which is directly in line with how the Warriors had been trending.

This year with the Warriors at home and performing will see a big uptik, I'm estimating a 15% turn around. With the increasing feeder systems for the Warriors , a increase in funding for NZ should see a steady growth year over year.
Add the that the prospect of World Cup games https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...rld-cup-with-australia-after-france-pulls-out
And the prospect of another NZ team..
What you have seen was the bottom.
Up up and away!
Exciting times for RL in NZ 🥳

Gobsmacked

Bench

Te Kaha

First Grade
The article describes the decline leading up to covid as " a little drip"
With a 10% decline attributed to covid.
Which is directly in line with how the Warriors had been trending.

This year with the Warriors at home and performing will see a big uptik, I'm estimating a 15% turn around. With the increasing feeder systems for the Warriors , a increase in funding for NZ should see a steady growth year over year.
Add the that the prospect of World Cup games https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...rld-cup-with-australia-after-france-pulls-out
And the prospect of another NZ team..
What you have seen was the bottom.
Up up and away!
Exciting times for RL in NZ 🥳

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA ", I'm estimating a 15% turn around" ????? That's insane... numbers trending down for a decade then all of a sudden a 15% increase???? You really aren't very smart.
And an increase in funding? where from? the NRL? they have made and broken those promises for decades.

And as for a new team, what have we got now, 3 definite bids? Perth, Cairns, Brisbane, and how many from NZ? ... oh that's right... Zero. you are clinging on to a failing dream.

Te Kaha

First Grade

Its funny how you think that returning the existing pathways that were there, while player numbers were decreasing, will somehow magically increase them again. It will certainly pull away players from existing Auckland clubs... but trends indicate it has little chance of creating new ones.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Its funny how you think that returning the existing pathways that were there, while player numbers were decreasing, will somehow magically increase them again. It will certainly pull away players from existing Auckland clubs... but trends indicate it has little chance of creating new ones.
I really enjoy these chats.
You force me to remember all the positive things happening around rl in nz. Thanks.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The best thing that could happen would be for Warriors to have some consistent success. Until that happens its going to be hard to ignite RL in NZ, second team or not. Then the NZRL needs to start generating some decent revenue. The amount they earn at the moment is pathetic. They should be hosting 3-5 test matches in NZ every year as a revenue generator.
Also NRL should give all the money left over after Warriors costs from the SkyNZ tv deal to NZRL to invest in participation.
Then we can talk about a second NZ side in a few years.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I really enjoy these chats.
You force me to remember all the positive things happening around rl in nz. Thanks.

Well you have to cling to something, with player numbers in decline, no increase in TV money, no bid, no chance Aussie TV will allow another NZ team in place of an Aussie one and thus no NZ2, your ego cant face it otherwise.

Te Kaha

First Grade
so
just your word for it then ?

You don't seem to be able to read, are you illiterate? Brain damaged? or just very limited? ...
I linked three articles saying the same thing. If you don't believe three different sources of information, then that's on you. Doesn't make what they have said untrue, no matter how upset it makes you.

Vibing

Juniors
Its funny how you think we'd take what you say .... with a grain of salt

Gobsmacked

Bench
Well you have to cling to something, with player numbers in decline, no increase in TV money, no bid, no chance Aussie TV will allow another NZ team in place of an Aussie one and thus no NZ2, your ego cant face it otherwise.
Why would any of this have anything to do with me or my ego ?
Strange...
But it does tell me that your ego is linked to this forum...... bahahaha!

Latest posts