What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Perth Red

Post Whore
NZ already supply around 4 full NRL squads of talent ya peanut
Do they? How many players in NRL came out of NZ to at least reserve grade systems and how many were either born in Aus or moved there as Jnrs into Australian NRL systems?

Given the largely underwhelming performance of the 1 NZ club over the last 25 years it doesnt exactly look like the NZ system is producing hoards of talented players does it?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thought Id do some homework rather than the usual made up sht on here. So out of the entire NZ starting 17 at last RLWC only 4 you could count as being developed in NZ! The rest are the product opf Australian systems from being early teens.

Last RLWC Kiwi squad

• Joseph Manu - Roosters SG Ball
  • Ronaldo Mulitalo - Qlnd at 14
  • Peta Hiku - Warriors TICK
  • Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad - Melbourne at 15
  • Jordan Rapana - Gold Coast at 10
    Dylan Brown - Sydney at 15
    Jahrome Hughes - Gold coast at 14

FORWARDS​

• Jesse Bromwich - NZ U 18 TICK
  • Brandon Smith - Qlnd at 14
  • James Fisher-Harris - Sydney at 16
  • Isaiah Papali'i - Warriors TICK
  • Briton Nikora - Gold Coast Jnr
  • Joseph Tapine - Wellington (though joined Knights at 17) TICK

INTERCHANGE​

• Kieran Foran - Sydney Jnr
  • Moses Leota - Sydney at 13
  • Nelson Asofa-Solomona - Storm system at 15
  • Isaac Liu - Gold Coast at 13

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth red doesn’t think it’s enough

meanwhile Perth provide 4 nrl players over 30 years
How's Warriors gone over last 25 years with all these players being produced? Most of whom are developed in Aus not NZ. 13/17 Kiwi players developed in Aus not NZ. Hmmmm.

Wb1234

Immortal
How's Warriors gone over last 25 years with all these players being produced? Most of whom are developed in Aus not NZ. 13/17 Kiwi players developed in Aus not NZ. Hmmmm.
How’s brisbane gone for 15 years

no juniors in Brisbane either ?

heck whose been filling all those winning qld origin sides

Perth Red

Post Whore
So when’s their last grand final

hint it’s still before Perths
lol, just admit you're losing this badly and have good grace and retreat.
NZ has lots of players, most of those kids need to leave NZ to be developed into NRL players, a QRL cup style set up with those clubs running Jnr elite programs across NZ and linked to NRL clubs would benefit NZ and the other NRl clubs far greater than a second NZ team (for now). End of.

Wb1234

Immortal
lol, just admit you're losing this badly and have good grace and retreat.
NZ has lots of players, most of those kids need to leave NZ to be developed into NRL players, a QRL cup style set up with those clubs running Jnr elite programs across NZ and linked to NRL clubs would benefit NZ and the other NRl clubs far greater than a second NZ team (for now). End of.
I’m losing an argument you made along the lines of kiwi juniors are poor lmao

I’m taking the mick it’s a dumb argument

really dumb

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m losing an argument you made along the lines of kiwi juniors are poor lmao

I’m taking the mick it’s a dumb argument

really dumb
Nope I questioned if NZ is really producing NRl players in any number as claimed (4 squads worth), when I looked its clear that NRL clubs in Australia are producing NZ born first graders. That's a massive difference in argument. 13/17 of last years kiwi squads came from Australian systems, not NZ ones.

Wb1234

Immortal
Nope I questioned if NZ is really producing NRl players in any number as claimed (4 squads worth), when I looked its clear that NRL clubs in Australia are producing NZ born first graders. That's a massive difference in argument. 13/17 of last years kiwi squads came from Australian systems, not NZ ones.
After the warriors success in 2002 just about every Aussie club has scouts on the ground there

they go to schooolboys carnivals and offer them decent contracts to come to Australia

this only happens because of the warriors

find something better to argue this is a dumb argument

Perth Red

Post Whore
After the warriors success in 2002 just about every Aussie club has scouts on the ground there

they go to schooolboys carnivals and offer them decent contracts to come to Australia

this only happens because of the warriors

find something better to argue this is a dumb argument
Hey, Im not the one claiming NZ is producing 4 squads worth of first graders! One quality one would be a good start for the Warriors!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Manly linked with the Auckland rl

bulldogs linking with Canterbury rl

nz is a gold mine
The best thing about the Canterbury one is the Bulldogs are actually going to invest in Canterbury RL to improve coaching etc and allow the kids to stay home until they are older rather than them have to move to Australia at 13 or 14. That can only be a good thing. Not sure of what Manly is proposing.

Again though if we had national elite comps for U16's and U18's as part of a national elite NZ system those best kids could be playing week in and week out in a higher intensity comp in NZ and be more battle ready for moving to Aus at 18 to join NRL U19's squads.

Wb1234

Immortal
The best thing about the Canterbury one is the Bulldogs are actually going to invest in Canterbury RL to improve coaching etc and allow the kids to stay home until they are older rather than them have to move to Australia at 13 or 14. That can only be a good thing. Not sure of what Manly is proposing.

Again though if we had national elite comps for U16's and U18's as part of a national elite NZ system those best kids could be playing week in and week out in a higher intensity comp in NZ and be more battle ready for moving to Aus at 18 to join NRL U19's squads.
They had the Toyota cup it was working fine for nz

Te Kaha

First Grade

So I worked out this is about origin being played Sunday arvo if it goes to nz

this is the exact time spot I predicted lmao

it looks like the nrl is serious with the push into nz

And yet still no mention of who will pay for it. The ACC can't so wont... Good luck getting money out of Central Government.

If the NRL wants to pay for it then great.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And yet still no mention of who will pay for it. The ACC can't so wont... Good luck getting money out of Central Government.

If the NRL wants to pay for it then great.
Problem is it becomes a harder sell to other cities if they just give it away for free to some.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Do they? How many players in NRL came out of NZ to at least reserve grade systems and how many were either born in Aus or moved there as Jnrs into Australian NRL systems?

Given the largely underwhelming performance of the 1 NZ club over the last 25 years it doesnt exactly look like the NZ system is producing hoards of talented players does it?
That only appears that way to you because you're a peanut.

Latest posts