What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matiunz

Juniors
Any chance of Japanese RU accepting teams from New Zealand?
Honestly don’t know, Japanese teams I believe tend to be more of a corporate thing rather than representative ie ‘Toyota’ rather than ‘Tokyo’ but if super rugby collapsed I’d assume it’s something (along with the likes of NSW/QLD) would explore. Need a tier above NPC and it’d be the closest professional comp.

Wb1234

Immortal
That’s basically what killed the sunwolves, they would have needed to move their competition to align with super rugby or have some co-operation with the clubs to share players etc.
Shame because Japan was starting to make some solid inroads in terms of player ability
What killed the sun wolves was no share of the super rugby tv deal

It was actually a success too

Matiunz

Juniors
What killed the sun wolves was no share of the super rugby tv deal

It was actually a success too
Politics more than anything, the Saffas were pissy about the extra travel to start with then Japan shafted them on voting against them on the RWC hosting rights so they pushed hard for their exclusion.
The final nail in the coffin was in setting up their new comp the clubs would not release their best players for the sun wolves, the sun wolves were not competitive as it was finishing last all but 1 year in which they finished second last so weakening their player base further was not tenable.

Wb1234

Immortal
Remember when you got banned from the BBC league page for being a pest? That was funny.

be careful mate or Chris will copy and paste your comments on his “forum” so he can get more “sponsors”

silly twit messages me on twitter with people personal details on here like their jobs and stuff

Creepy af

Latest posts