What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

final say

Juniors
Nobody, I’d think. Super Rugby doesn’t seem to be particularly fixed on having a set number of teams and I can’t think of any obvious candidates.
There's really not enough time and thier were good options...why Moana Pasifika?... the bottom of the barrel has been scrapped.

Matiunz

Juniors
The NPC reminds me of the Welsh Rugby Union Premiership when once it was the be all and end of top flight club Rugby with decent crowds and now in Wales no one watches it alongside the so called merged regions and Club Soccer is king.
NPC still plays an important part in the NZ rugby eco system hence why it’s still being funded more than it generates. Also gotta remember a number of the smaller provinces are only populated in the 100-200k range, they’re gonna struggle to get any decent crowds. A similar parallel is how NSW cup gets a fraction of the NRL crowds.

Matiunz

Juniors
Raiders are definitely an asset rich club. They recently sold some assets in Logan and Toowoomba.

Where the Raiders struggle is acquiring support from the corporate sector. A new stadium with better corporate facilities might help them earn more money, but needs approval from the ACT and fed gov.

If an AwFuL club is introduced in Canberra then it could take corporate support away from the Raiders.

When you add in assets then Raiders are not a poor club.
Heard something recently around the importance to clubs of corporate support and that increasing the corporate facilities by 200 people Is approximately equivalent to 5000 extra general tickets

Matiunz

Juniors
Who will replace the Rebels?
Jaguares are due back from ‘26 I believe (with talk of a second Argentinian team to replace Moana Pasifika), there was a move to fast track them in the event the rebels went under but I think they may be with 11 teams for the ,25 season at this stage. Another big stumbling block is the Rebels were due to play the Lions on their Aus tour not sure who is going to replace that game

Jaguares are due back from ‘26 I believe (with talk of a second Argentinian team to replace Moana Pasifika), there was a move to fast track them in the event the rebels went under but I think they may be with 11 teams for the ,25 season at this stage. Another big stumbling block is the Rebels were due to play the Lions on their Aus tour not sure who is going to replace that game
It makes sense to introduce a second team from Argentina.

I think Australia should cut the Force, too.

Dark Corner

Juniors
If you go back to the nswrl any club that was admitted was basically broke for 20 years

Cronulla would’ve died off and norths to the central coast

this was before wages went super league crazy
How were they skint as I thoughts pokies helped the clubs ?

Wb1234

Immortal
How were they skint as I thoughts pokies helped the clubs ?
Small leagues club

small capacity ground

up until five years ago a basket case

they were entitled to 60 million cash from sale of their land for development ended up cashing out early or they were going broke got loans paid out and expanded leagues club and gym to rent out but no more cash

developer made 300 million profit

That’s basically what killed the sunwolves, they would have needed to move their competition to align with super rugby or have some co-operation with the clubs to share players etc.
Shame because Japan was starting to make some solid inroads in terms of player ability
Any chance of Japanese RU accepting teams from New Zealand?

Latest posts