What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
A quarry?
Just like Mt Smart Stadium being built insider a quarried volcanic cone
Yep actually not as dumb an idea as it sounds.

as I’ve mentioned elsewhere Port Moresby has a fairly dry climate and gets very little rain during footy season. You really just need a pitch with as much elevated space for fans to watch from as possible.

Wb1234

Immortal
Rugby is in the toilet," Moffett replied when asked to comment on union's current state of affairs,

“Rugby worldwide is in big trouble - they have wasted money on expanding, politics got in the way, and they go from one crisis to another.

“If rugby is not careful, they won't exist."

there’s another post on this forum showing nz super rugby crowds are down over 35 percent from their high figures

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Corporates in PNG is beyond laughable.

i actually disagree. You’d have and government types, and cashed up expat businesspeople. A different type market for corporate facilities to Aus and NZ but there would still be one. Where it would differ more is the split of other grades of seating. I’d envision the large bulk of tickets would be GA, uncovered at the cheapest price point, with maybe a small premium section on halfway around the players tunnel and corporates.

Canard

Immortal
i actually disagree. You’d have and government types, and cashed up expat businesspeople. A different type market for corporate facilities to Aus and NZ but there would still be one. Where it would differ more is the split of other grades of seating. I’d envision the large bulk of tickets would be GA, uncovered at the cheapest price point, with maybe a small premium section on halfway around the players tunnel and corporates.
It would be something else to enjoy a prawn sandwich in a corporate box, in a country where 70% of the population live in extreme poverty.

MugaB

Coach
It would be something else to enjoy a prawn sandwich in a corporate box, in a country where 70% of the population live in extreme poverty.
Thank Karen for your negative nancy routine, I'm sure the cavier served at the local QCB, during gamedays feels a whole lot similar ...ffs

Rod

Bench
Good points around the media beat up around SR scheduling, you’d likely see a large cross over of fans watching both games so it doesn’t make sense to limit your audience having them go head to head.
Don’t think many are arguing the Warriors are an exciting watch, the key still needs to be getting more people playing the game.
The way the Super Rugby semi has been covered in Australia is essentially a lie. They keep claiming (again on the Matty Johns show tonight) that it was forced to move because of the Warriors, but the game was never set in the first place to move.

Because most NZers aren't really invested in any sort of code war, it's simple common sense to play Saturday's semi before the Warriors, and then everyone wins.

Wb1234

Immortal
The way the Super Rugby semi has been covered in Australia is essentially a lie. They keep claiming (again on the Matty Johns show tonight) that it was forced to move because of the Warriors, but the game was never set in the first place to move.

Because most NZers aren't really invested in any sort of code war, it's simple common sense to play Saturday's semi before the Warriors, and then everyone wins.
It’s not like the hurricanes ? said they moved it so as to not clash with the warriors

they must be lieing

Rod

Bench
It’s not like the hurricanes ? said they moved it so as to not clash with the warriors

they must be lieing
It couldn't be moved because it was never scheduled in the first place.

The Hurricanes preferred to play at 4.30pm - they chose to last weekend as well when there were no clashes with anything else. Them avoiding the Warriors was a nice bit of commons sense from everyone involved but it wasn't the decisive factor.

Wb1234

Immortal
It couldn't be moved because it was never scheduled in the first place.

The Hurricanes preferred to play at 4.30pm - they chose to last weekend as well when there were no clashes with anything else. Them avoiding the Warriors was a nice bit of commons sense from everyone involved but it wasn't the decisive factor.
Copium

Wb1234

Immortal
You haven't said anything to disprove what I said. You're talking gibberish and have no idea what you're talking about.
Too lazy to go back ten pages to find the original link or go on the multiple other threads where it’s also been posted or even nz posters on this thread saying the nz side werre lieing when they said they moved the game so fans could enjoy both games

Wb1234

Immortal
Oh a bunch of posters on a league expansion forum were saying it? It must be true then lol.
You’re a poster on a league expansion. Forum too

lol

it’s all a conspiracy by those nasty league fans.

the game was always going to be played earlier

Last edited:

Latest posts