What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Immortal

“The Hurricanes have welcomed the afternoon kick-off for their Super Rugby Pacific semifinal against the Chiefs on Saturday in what is a rare move by New Zealand Rugby and Sanzar to avoid a clash with the resurgent Warriors.”

“The finals schedule has some flexibility around time slots, so we looked at all sporting action taking place across the weekend to ensure we’re giving fans the opportunity to enjoy as much sport as possible.”

Rod

Bench
Last post on this:

My first post on this I specifically said Australian media. You've given us a NZ article. The NZ articles on this, while containing a bit of artistic license, have essentially been correct.

The article doesn't disprove what I said. The Warriors were a consideration when it came to scheduling the game, as were about 5 other things (which are listed in the article BTW). However, it's false to say that the Warriors 'forced the game to be moved' as multiple Australian outlets have tried to claim.

Wb1234

Immortal
Last post on this:

My first post on this I specifically said Australian media. You've given us a NZ article. The NZ articles on this, while containing a bit of artistic license, have essentially been correct.

The article doesn't disprove what I said. The Warriors were a consideration when it came to scheduling the game, as were about 5 other things (which are listed in the article BTW). However, it's false to say that the Warriors 'forced the game to be moved' as multiple Australian outlets have tried to claim.
The director of super rugby said they moved it to avoid other sporting events

faced between his comments and yours I’m sorry I’m going with his comments

the game was moved to avoid clashing with the warriors game

And the Australian media don’t say it was the warriors that forced the change lol

final say

Juniors
The director of super rugby said they moved it to avoid other sporting events

faced between his comments and yours I’m sorry I’m going with his comments

And the Australian media don’t say it was the warriors that forced the change lol
Trying to explain what around a dozen news outlets have confirmed.
Super rugby moved a final.. for the Warriors.
That's what happened.
There is no debate.

Matua

Bench
The game was never "moved" as there were no set times for the game. The NZ article you posted explains all this. Did you not actually read it?

Did the Canes choose a time so it didn't clash with the Warriors, yes, and that's a good thing because the majority of Kiwis would like to watch both live (it's always been annoying when Warriors and Super matches clash when they don't need to). But the game wasn't moved.

MugaB

Coach
The game was never "moved" as there were no set times for the game. The NZ article you posted explains all this. Did you not actually read it?

Did the Canes choose a time so it didn't clash with the Warriors, yes, and that's a good thing because the majority of Kiwis would like to watch both live (it's always been annoying when Warriors and Super matches clash when they don't need to). But the game wasn't moved.
Wait, so if I were to buy tix to this semi final, I would've done it, without knowing which time or day it was going to be held? Simply coz they themselves don't know till last minute, and some random warriors club match is being held possibly at the same time, but not really coz there was never a "real time"...
...come again

No wonder RU can't get a crowd figure sorted, they can't even set a date for the crowds to turn up to

final say

Juniors

Lol ok mate

Wait, so if I were to buy tix to this semi final, I would've done it, without knowing which time or day it was going to be held? Simply coz they themselves don't know till last minute, and some random warriors club match is being held possibly at the same time, but not really coz there was never a "real time"... ...come again No wonder RU can't get a crowd figure sorted, they can't even set a date for the crowds to turn up to
Match details were reported earlier after the relevant QF results were in. Its only the media story that surfaced this week,

Canard

Immortal
Thank Karen for your negative nancy routine, I'm sure the cavier served at the local QCB, during gamedays feels a whole lot similar ...ffs
Yes comparing any Australian city to Port Moresby is not in anyway stupid
Next we'll be banning Australians from going to Bali and Bangkok to have a piss up.
Going on a holiday to a Bali or Thailand is also very much the same as government and corporates living the high life in one of the poorest countries in the world.

Matua

Bench
Wait, so if I were to buy tix to this semi final, I would've done it, without knowing which time or day it was going to be held? Simply coz they themselves don't know till last minute, and some random warriors club match is being held possibly at the same time, but not really coz there was never a "real time"...
...come again

No wonder RU can't get a crowd figure sorted, they can't even set a date for the crowds to turn up to
There was a date set for the match, and essentially there's 3 times a match can be held on that day. Tickets don't go on sale before the match is announced anyway so the moment you went to buy tickets you'd know what time it is.

Bro, if you want join the two Aussie loons in their forever war then go for your life, the majority of your fellow countrymen are happy they can watch both games live without a clash.

Matiunz

Juniors
...come again

With finals series you won’t know if your team has qualified until they win the week before- also depending on who wins on where the game is played, why would you buy tickets any earlier? Isn’t this pretty much how all sports run?

final say

Juniors
There was a date set for the match, and essentially there's 3 times a match can be held on that day. Tickets don't go on sale before the match is announced anyway so the moment you went to buy tickets you'd know what time it is.

Bro, if you want join the two Aussie loons in their forever war then go for your life, the majority of your fellow countrymen are happy they can watch both games live without a clash.
The Aussie loons are winning the " soon to be finished war"

Maximus

Coach
In 2023 the NRL moved the 2nd placed Broncos game to the Friday night, despite the 3 previous years having the 1st placed team play Friday. On the Saturday the Lions were playing a home final.

@Wb1234 @final say and @MugaB have officially declared that the NRL have conceded the war with AFL in Brisbane.

Wb1234

Immortal
“The finals schedule has some flexibility around time slots, so we looked at all sporting action taking place across the weekend to ensure we’re giving fans the opportunity to enjoy as much sport as possible.”

right out of the super rugby boss mouth.

More salt please

Matua

Bench

right out of the super rugby boss mouth.

More salt please
So as we said, nothing was moved, there's flexibility on when the game can be played. Good of you to keep confirming that for us.

Seems to have paid off for the Canes as it looks like they might get close to a full house this week.

Latest posts