What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Referee
Mate , I played a few games of Union as a kid. I know perfectly well that if I go on a run stepping and weaving trying to beat defenders on my own, I'll probably end up laying the ball back for it to get pinched.
That's the game. Possession is contested at the conclusion of every tackle.
In League I could run as hard as I wanted, where I wanted and try to break the tackle to the last second we no fear of loosing Possession for my team. Furthermore, I got to start in space with the defenders 10 meters back meaning I had time and space to sum things up. My back rowers would be jockeying ONLY to be a pass option as opposed to shadowing behind me ready to clear the ruck and maintain possessions.

If you don't think there's a gigantic difference in how you can attack between the 2 sports, I'd suggest you have NO idea what you are talking about.
I played union it sucked

I wasn’t fit or big enough for league

Perth Red

Post Whore
So a fat overweight player couldn't get out of development team in NZ, but can star in NRL first Grade games in Aussie.... huh... who knew.
Game, he's played one. And he was hyped, defensively he looked very poor, probably why we wont se him again this year unless theres an injury. Hes got talent but he looks unfit for a RL centre, ok for union where such a gross BMI seems to be the go.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Game, he's played one. And he was hyped, defensively he looked very poor, probably why we wont se him again this year unless theres an injury. Hes got talent but he looks unfit for a RL centre, ok for union where such a gross BMI seems to be the go.

So it only takes one game for such an "overweight" player to star in... Guess the NRL is easier than advertised.

Wb1234

Referee
If hes that size after a year of RL training how fat was he when he played union?
His body won’t change much imo but he’s solid as a house

still a long way to go and he was dropped this week pending brenko lee being injured

bennett will make him a star for sure

Matua

Bench
If hes that size after a year of RL training how fat was he when he played union?
It's pretty easy to find pics of him playing rugby, looks a bit slimmer or about the same as he does now.

I played union it sucked

I wasn’t fit or big enough for league
Interesting comment at odds with my experience, my lack of size (vertically challenged) didn't impact my ability to play league but meant I had a ceiling in rugby.

I played both sports from 11 years old until I injured my neck at Uni (had played rugby since I was 4).

From what both you and your buddy Gob say about the game I take your claims of playing rugby with a huge grain of salt. Either it's lies or you were in teams coached by an Englishman from 1950.

Wb1234

Referee
It's pretty easy to find pics of him playing rugby, looks a bit slimmer or about the same as he does now.

Interesting comment at odds with my experience, my lack of size (vertically challenged) didn't impact my ability to play league but meant I had a ceiling in rugby.

I played both sports from 11 years old until I injured my neck at Uni (had played rugby since I was 4).

From what both you and your buddy Gob say about the game I take your claims of playing rugby with a huge grain of salt. Either it's lies or you were in teams coached by an Englishman from 1950.
I try and forget playing union I was bored shirtless

I feel asleep in a maul once

even though school didn’t play league everyone played touch at lunchtime

I’ve got friend who were absolute units and the shoulder and knee recs they got playing junior league were horrible

The Great Dane

First Grade

That or they played at such a young age that their experience is irrelevant.

Matua

Bench
I try and forget playing union I was bored shirtless

I feel asleep in a maul once

even though school didn’t play league everyone played touch at lunchtime

I’ve got friend who were absolute units and the shoulder and knee recs they got playing junior league were horrible
Haha, the more you post the least convincing your claims of playing rugby are.

My school was great, we always played league at lunchtime.

What on earth were your friends doing to need knee reconstructions as kids? That's not normal.

Latest posts