What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I'll tell you something.
Intelligent people don't spend all day on a forum telling everyone they're stupid. That's just the reality.
I'm not calling you stupid but I know and interact with some very intelligent people and this isn't the go of people with high intellect.
They generally try to avoid stupid people 🤷‍♂️
But honestly mate it's not healthy to interact with your fellow man in this way.
Thank God someone said it, Te kaha is one of the
best trolls on LU and will ever be known as that.

Good on the fella, it's been an awesome debate. Te Kaha, my man, you have lasted the test of time.

Can I say a well respected f**k you?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ironically he had the perfect opportunity to state that nz2 was on the nrl‘s radar and in fact he never said anything like it in that article, only that nrl wanted to improve the jnr nz pathways. Youve taken a masters headline and ascribed something to it that Abdo never said.

“Beyond that, the commission is open to looking at 18 teams down the track and open-minded about the location of potential new markets.”

The chief executive of the NRL has indicated that New Zealand will be the next team.
As a chief executive he chooses his words wisely... and to this date hasn’t stated anything to the contrary.
A year ago the cards were laid on the table and everyone on here ignores that for political sounds bites and conjecture.
You're welcome to ignore it but it's happening. They've been working on it the whole time, the timing, everything.
They're waiting for the Dolphins to finish lapping up as much media exposure as possible to help them, then it's: the next team will be in NZ, we will start accepting bids- they will come out of the woodwork.
I'm anticipating an announcement around 2 weeks after the gf for 2025.

If all of that is true then why did Abdo say the Tigers and Jets are a chance of snaring the 18th licence you silly prick?

Why did V'landys tell WA officials to speak with the Bears?

Gobsmacked

Bench
Ironically he had the perfect opportunity to state that nz2 was on the nrl‘s radar and in fact he never said anything like it in that article, only that nrl wanted to improve the jnr nz pathways. Youve taken a masters headline and ascribed something to it that Abdo never said.

“Beyond that, the commission is open to looking at 18 teams down the track and open-minded about the location of potential new markets.”
Take what you will from it mate but that's exactly the type of language you'd expect from a man in his position: neither confirmed nor denying their position yet indicating clearly their direction . Pinpoint perfect delivery from our master an chief. The reason for that is to keep as many options as possible open- like all good business.
There's 5 million people, a 32 million dollar broadcast deal and talent coming out of the woodwork . Back in 2004 they had a strong case if it wasn't for the Titans.
It's comical watching people allude to Pasifika, PNG and Perth lol

I'm sorry but it's not Perth but another NZ team is going to be EPIC!!

Perth Red

Post Whore

Perth Red

Post Whore
Take what you will from it mate but that's exactly the type of language you'd expect from a man in his position: neither confirmed nor denying their position yet indicating clearly their direction . Pinpoint perfect delivery from our master an chief. The reason for that is to keep as many options as possible open- like all good business.
There's 5 million people, a 32 million dollar broadcast deal and talent coming out of the woodwork . Back in 2004 they had a strong case if it wasn't for the Titans.
It's comical watching people allude to Pasifika, PNG and Perth lol

I'm sorry but it's not Perth but another NZ team is going to be EPIC!!
I’d love to see another nz side but I fear we are both going to be dissapointed in that regard, unless nrl goes to 20 teams and png is a pipedream.
Perth and Easts are likey ahead of nz so that leaves their hopes balancing on png not realistically being on nrls agenda For club 18.

Colk

First Grade
I’d love to see another nz side but I fear we are both going to be dissapointed in that regard, unless nrl goes to 20 teams and png is a pipedream.
Perth and Easts are likey ahead of nz so that leaves their hopes balancing on png not realistically being on nrls agenda For club 18.

Look I wouldn’t think that NZ 2 is out of the equation but it’s definitely less than what it was a couple of years ago.

I also wouldn’t be so confident about a Perth side. I’d love to be proven wrong on both counts but nothing would be surprising to me about RL - we could get two Queensland sides and a PNG side and it wouldn’t surprise me

Te Kaha

First Grade
And what are you talking about with Centralising talent? The whole point of being talented is to go to the big time with all the other talent. The point of identifying talent and nurturing it, is so they can go on to better things. You want Russell crow doing theatre in Dubbo? It makes no sense.
You're just some self serving old prick that doesn't want to loose your talented local players to bigger and better things. You want them to stay in your shit little enclave and serve your agenda.
This is about you and your shit local clubs, certainly not the players.
All the local players would be over the moon to know that there's a pro team on th doorstep

Because dumbarse, it effectively kills League as a game in the regions. When the Warriors came in, clubs, districts, and even regions lost so many players they folded. The rest of the country is barely hanging on. A second team now will kill of the rest, leaving two cities with teams. The regions need massive investment first. I know that you don't care about the state of the game in NZ, but most League supporters here do.

Last edited:

Gobsmacked

Bench
Because dumbarse, it effectively kills League as a game in the regions. When the Warriors came in, clubs, districts, and even regions lost so many players they folded. The rest of the country is barely hanging on. A second team now will kill of the rest, leaving two cities with teams. The regions need massive investment first. I know that you don't care about the state of the game in NZ, but most League supporters here do.
Looking at next year, there's going to be some talented kiwis at the Warriors that have to leave NZ to get a run.
So you're preference is they leave the country.
You're a peanut 🥜

Te Kaha

First Grade
Looking at next year, there's going to be some talented kiwis at the Warriors that have to leave NZ to get a run.
So you're preference is they leave the country.
You're a peanut 🥜

I can't believe anyone is as deliberately dense as you come across.

Let me spell it out for you. WIthout players, clubs, districts and regions die. It happened when the Warriors came in and now over 80% of the countries League players are in Auckland. Without the grass roots investment adding a second team will cause the rest of the countries players to centralise to the new team.

The result is the regions die.

Without those regions, a nationwide footprint that currently exists is no more. Sport NZ will then reduce the funding for League massively. Then even the cities where those NRL teams are based will start losing clubs because the NZRL can't afford to support them. If you can't see the harm that will do to the game in NZ there really is no hope for you.

But of course you don't care about League in NZ, you only care about your NRL and your imaginary war.

Te Kaha

First Grade
And that's what's having an opinion sounds and looks like, f**k you too, racist prick :)

WOW your carer let you onto the internet two days in a row...

And as for Racist? Australians aren't a race you moron... But then you were never the smartest kid in your remedial class.

Gobsmacked

Bench
I can't believe anyone is as deliberately dense as you come across.

Let me spell it out for you. WIthout players, clubs, districts and regions die. It happened when the Warriors came in and now over 80% of the countries League players are in Auckland. Without the grass roots investment adding a second team will cause the rest of the countries players to centralise to the new team.

The result is the regions die.

Without those regions, a nationwide footprint that currently exists is no more. Sport NZ will then reduce the funding for League massively. Then even the cities where those NRL teams are based will start losing clubs because the NZRL can't afford to support them. If you can't see the harm that will do to the game in NZ there really is no hope for you.

But of course you don't care about League in NZ, you only care about your NRL and your imaginary war.
Great, so essentially all you care about is domestic leagues ( like yours!)and those players staying there and not going and chasing a dream of playing professionally.

Extremely selfish old man.
You are a young man's worst nightmare.
How many have you held back you selfish old prick?!